Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks @ Warriors 2012-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:37 pm
Atlanta Hawks (3 - 3) @ Golden State Warriors (3 - 4)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: None

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Atlanta Hawks:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Al Horford
PF - Josh Smith
SF - Kyle Korver
SG - DeShawn Stevenson
PG - Jeff Teague
Last edited by krome on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:58 am
Another game that will be a good showing of how good the team is. I really think Barnes should be given alot of court time as he should be able to go off against Atlanta.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 am
migya wrote:Another game that will be a good showing of how good the team is. I really think Barnes should be given alot of court time as he should be able to go off against Atlanta.

He needs to assert himself. I haven't watched him in college and right now I have no idea what his game is. I watched highlights of him leading up to the draft and all i can remember is his shooting ability but the kid wont do that. His prerogative seems to be getting to the rack because he's always throwing out that pump fake, but what he doesn't know is that unless he knocks down some jumpers no one is going to jump at them. So far I'm not impressed with him. At all.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:08 am
He is just not taking many shots. He had more opportunity than Klay or Steph for open shots, yet he passes the ball. Is it him, or Jackson, that is responsible for that, I don't know, but kid is for sure our best talent. We need to develop him as quickly as possible. Also, he is the only one in our team that is taking it to the rim...and he is doing it easily when he decides to finish. Can't figure it out why he isn't more included.

Far from not being impressed. He doesn't have great numbers yet, though, not many minutes as well...but when he does something, you see how good kid is, and how good he can be. He needs some time, and I expect him after a while to be like "**** this, I'm taking over". He needs that mentality, cause he has all of the tools.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:24 pm
Strange that he is taking it to the basket, as in college it was said that he was a shooter and not much of a penetrator and had not good ability handling the ball. He was known as a shooter above all else and he hasn't tried that much so far. It is his defense and rebounding that I want the most. I think he can really be an effective defender and even moreso as a rebounder.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 am
Zaza at SF, is that a joke? xD

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 am
I agree with you guys, not sure what is going on with barnes. His handles are a bit limited, not asserting himself, and is not really looking for his shot or attacking the rim. With his size he should have some sort of back to the basket game, he has the speed to drive by his man, but his handles are not to par to cross over defenders and blow past them either that or i am still waiting to see. Its still early hopes he breaks through soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 am
Yeah, sorry Krome, I doubt Pachulia will be SF. Maybe him C, Horford PF and Smith SF but more than likely it will be Pachulia off the bench, Korver at SF and Stevenson at SG.

Barnes looks good from what I've seen. Perhaps he needs to be a bit more selfish and just shoot when he's open instead looking for teammates every time.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am
Winnable game; no Joe Johnson in ATL anymore. Josh Smith is a quirky leaper and Lee tends to do well against those types. Devin Harris, Jeff Teague, and Lou Williams are the quick sort of guards that give Curry and Jack a little trouble, but Klay should have a bounce-back game and Barnes can eat any of these guys NOT named Smoove in one-on-one coverage. By all accounts, Ezeli should match up well with Horford and Landry is much stronger than Smith.

I worry about the fast tempo against this team though; they have the bigs to get out and go. Should be interesting but it'll come down to which team is hitting from the outside/midrange. Strangely, I hope Harris (whose day-to-day) plays. Some guys are Warrior killers, but that dude is a career Warrior loser. Chucks a ton of shots at a low 40-percent.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 am
"Andris Biedrins was asked how he got blood on his jersey. He smiled ... "I punched Jeremy in the face" ... then walked off
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am
Blackfoot wrote:"Andris Biedrins was asked how he got blood on his jersey. He smiled ... "I punched Jeremy in the face" ... then walked off

LMAO, +1

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm
Well, Nellie will be in the house, so he might give some props to mark how to run proper pick n roll or proper small ball, or, at least, how to get curry back to his rookie season's balletmaestro form - 25 and 8 and 5. We might not get to see the Black Swan, but Black Falcon dropping down the Hawk would be worth the price of admission:

p.s. i had to do some research here :mrgreen:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm
An entire first quarter without giving up an offensive rebound...

What a tremendous relief that is after the rebounding rape that took place against Denver.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm
Black Falcon - called it 8)
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:08 pm
Am I the only one who wasn't impressed with that win?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Next

Return to Game Threads