Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers 2012-11-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 am
just don't play detroit pistons half court slow mo bullshit and keep running. lakers have nothing against running. play the passing lanes get steals and goooo!
i so wanna stick one to the vegas. ezeli, bogut and lee - if you rebound good enough we'll run down their throats - blake keeping with curry? no way. gasol with lee? stop kidding. metta world nonsense with barnes? in 2005.

so i see lakers having two things over us - kobe and howard. limit those, swarm them, foul dwight if needed, use all big men to frustrate him and we'll be fine with kobe shooting 10 - 35.

did i mention the bench?
why would i - our bench is one with our starters today, thus we have 5 more guns at least.

let me see some purple blood :evil:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm
I'm sure you guys all know, but Brown is out as the Lakers coach.

I'm hoping this hurts their chances for this game but I could really see this change sparking the Lakers to play well, especially Kobe.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm
I could see W's either win by 20 or lose by 20.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:37 pm
If there's any question as to what sort of result this news will evoke, Vegas brought the spread back down to Lakers by 6 before 9 AM... And once the news of Mike Clown's firing got out, it's officially back up to 7.5, and I believe it'll increase to 8 by tip-off.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm
Yeah, Brown getting fired is terrible news for the Warriors. Teams always play better after the coach is fired because the players realise that they have no-one else to blame now. That and the fact that they are 1-4 will ensure that the Lakers are not lacking in motivation.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:00 pm
playing with confidence so far. like. biedrins doing good job defensively and inhaling rebounds :D

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 pm
i wish, though, we pushed the tempo

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 pm
we must hit some shots, damn

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Good shooting team but warriors cant get too comfy shooting.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 pm
wow, someone must have ordered a lot of bricks from oakland

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:49 pm
this lakers' team looks so lifeless, but we look like are already defeated in that second quarter, what gives?
i can't figure out this team. ](*,)

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:19 pm
can one play more terrible...

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 pm
zero ball movement, zero pace, no agressiveness, completely unprepared
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:30 am
You were right Hobbes, about the down part.

This team just doesn't do well against the Lakers, seems like they never have in so many years. Without Bogut, seeminly acceptable such a big loss, but Dwight didn't do much, it was the others for the Lakers that smashed the team. Landry had a bad game and Barnes also wasn't much.

Something to think about and look to fix after likely one of the three best in the West just spanked them.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:42 am
Game notes:

- The Lakers are by far the most protected team in the league. It isn't so much the foul calls they get (and they get a LOT of reputation whistles); it's the whole game. Traveling calls on Lee (twice), Barnes, Thompson. Vicious no-calls for Warriors driving to the cup - I thought Barnett was gonna have a conniption when Howard mugged Barnes. The fact that Howard, Gasol, and Hill literally NEVER leave the lane, but LA only sees 2 three-second calls. Kobe and Morris mugging ball handlers is good defense, but Warriors can't breathe on LA's players. Did anyone else see Klay Thompson pick up his 4th foul on a David Lee moving screen..? Just a tremendously choreographed Laker victory.

- I'm glad J&B are pointing out Barnes' incessant need to pump fake. For a guy that can hit the NBA three, he passes up a ton of wide open looks. Thus far in the early going, Harrison Bryce Jordan Barnes has been held back by his passiveness alone. Clearly, he can score when he wants to... Seems like the only person he hasn't convinced about that is himself.

- Again, Klay Thompson is the Warriors' hottest player out of the gate. And, again, he got into early foul trouble and cooled off when he came back later in the game. Let's hope he can correct that little problem against Denver.

- To my mind, there isn't a soul in this league that can handle Landry on the block in single coverage. If the Warriors are so desperate to huck 3's, you'd think they'd establish him as a post threat and work off his double teams. The man is averaging a career-high 15 and 8 on 60% in 25 minutes off the bench. Landry = efficient scoring. The Dubs seem to do better on nights where they call his number and on nights where they forget to feed him, their offense flounders. Landry in victories? 19.7 points on 71% shooting. In losses? 10.8 points on 38%. That's about as scientific as I get, homies.

- I'm giving Mark Jackson a ton of credit. There, I said it. He's learning how to call time outs properly, he's playing all 12 on his roster, he's teaching rookies how to succeed, he's the first coach to put Steph off the ball consistently, and my god he's got the defense looking a LOT better than ever. Haters gonna hate, but this dude has my respect and I think he's done a great job with what he has.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads