Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2012-11-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:22 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Harrison Barnes will improve, but damn, he is killing us out there.

but his drives to the rim look more and more like the thing he could build up, and we will need that kind of penetrating on this rooster
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 pm
harrison doing his thang

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm
also, you can bet that curry will make a stupid dribble and get stripped at least once in the fourth quarter :oops:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 pm
Barnes has game, it's just a matter of him asserting himself out there.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 pm
best game by david lee so far, even though it was against tristan thompson, hopefully it gets him going. nice fourth by harrison barnes. and as usual, landry, when he gets his shots, he's a beast on offense.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm
Yeah, we definitely closed it out pretty well..awesome game by almost everyone!!!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm
At the end there..when the team was walking to the locker room..I didn't see Rush limping or with any crutches..I've never torn an ACL so I can't be sure.

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:08 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:At the end there..when the team was walking to the locker room..I didn't see Rush limping or with any crutches..I've never torn an ACL so I can't be sure.

You're confusing Rush with Bazemore
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 pm
krome wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:At the end there..when the team was walking to the locker room..I didn't see Rush limping or with any crutches..I've never torn an ACL so I can't be sure.

You're confusing Rush with Bazemore

Oh! That makes sense lol. They almost look identical especially with the limited amount of pixels I had on my internet feed. :)
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am
Not the best competition to judge on, but the team is showing that it has some effective weapons. Barnes already a factor now just a few games into his career. He's just going to get better. Some solid players on this squad. Bogut looks very effective with his passing and defense....just wait till he's in shape. That trade was a steal. Warriors management definitely moving things forward.

This team will be challenged to beat the elite teams.....but I think they are above .500 now, a playoff team. They have to stay healthy, and improve. And if they are healthy....they will improve.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 am
Very good win that really was a must if the team is to seriuosly be considered capable of being a playoff one. Kyrie Irving is something special hey and might well soon become a top 5 player how he's going.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:17 am
Yeah, I was saying that even during the last season. And then when you look back and see that some analysts and experts said that Derrick Williams was the better pick of the two. #-o

I would have felt really bad if we managed to lose a home game against the Cavs who played without Varejao. Glad it didn't happen.

Also, Barnes is developing more and more through every game, I'm expecting soon enough his first 20+ points game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 am
Game notes:

- THIS is the kind of player DLee can be when his jumper falls. It is literally the code to unlocking his entire game. Tonight, Lee consistently hit the 15-18 footer and it opened him up for the drive, forced attention on him leading to 6 assists, and got him to the line consistently. Lee has the same complex as Bosh and Amare where he seems to play with more energy when he's scoring well, so his 22 points were accompanied by 14 big rebounds, 3 steals, and the before-mentioned 6 dimes. My crystal ball predicted a big game out of Bogut, but I was wrong... It was Bogut's battery mate in the front court abusing Cleveland's D-Leaguers inside.

- 28, 7, and 6 from your lead guard in a loss... A sharp-shooting rookie with passing savvy... Absolutely zero inside help... An established head coach throwing up his hands, ready to shoot someone... My God, the Cav's are the 2009 Warriors!

- Steph Curry is truly an enigma this year. 15 first-quarter points, 6 in the following 3 quarters. But at least he hit all 3 of his free throws (he's now at 76% on the season). In the early part of this campaign, Curry is shooting 10 points worse than his career averages across the board.

- Carl Landry GETS BUCKETS. 19 and 9 on 80% shooting, 3-of-3 from the stripe, and 1 swat in 26 minutes. Don't look now, but the Warriors might have the best tandem at power forward in the league.

- The Warriors had 6 players in double-digit scoring (with Lee and Curry topping 20), and 4 guys dished out 5 or more assists. True team victory. And once again, the Dubs do it by out-rebounding their opposite number! 5 games in, against the Clippers, the Grizzlies, and huge nights from DeMarcus Cousins and Martin Gortat... And Golden State is sitting at #8 in the league in rebound differential!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 am
This game shows the growth of Mark Jackson as a coach, and the abilities of Barnes....

Late in the game when we needed buckets, and Cav's coach Byron Scott put Gibson and Irving out there, who were killing us in the first half, Jackson counters that by putting Barnes at the 2, and RJ at the 3, and posting up Barnes vs Gibson. Barnes was able to keep gibson in check with his defense and length, and on the other side was able to take advantage, and looked very comfortable in the post and his back to the basket.

We had just lost the lead, and Jackson's confidence in Barnes really paid off. I just thought it was a pivotal point in the game because it completly stopped the cav's momentum.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Previous

Return to Game Threads