What Bogut brings and how much better will team be

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 am
uptempo wrote:Bogut gives this team an interior defensive presence which it has not had since Nate Thurmond.

I do like how Bogut plays strong help-defense (desperately needed by this team). My only concern was his one-on-one defense vs. Cousins in the post; but then again, Cousins is a beast.

As he gets healthier and stronger, I can only see Bogut's contributions on both ends of the court increasing. I also like Ezeli as his backup, even with his bad hands; the kid plays tough defense and can rebound.

My sleeper player on this roster is Jeremy Tyler.

Do others on this board sense that this Warrior team may actually be quite good and can compete against any team in the league? While the team may not be a championship contending team, I actually see this team improving and possibly making the playoffs.

Ageed, old friend. Bogut is the missing piece this team has sorely lacked for decades. Big, mean, and merciless on the defensive end.

I also noticed Ezeli dropping passes, but to my mind it seemed like a one-game affair. He showed great poise finishing plays both in the preseason and against Memphis. We're a ways away from me labeling him with bad hands (like old man Foyle and his clumsy stone mits).

You have more faith in Tyler than I do. Perhaps I just burned myself out rooting for project big men like Randolph, Wright, Diogu, Biedrins, and O'Bryant... But Tyler seems like another AR to me. If he used his size to rebound and block shots, that'd be one thing, but he throws the ball away a lot because he wants to operate like Carl Landry and he doesn't have the skill yet. He's an athletic freak, there's no doubt, but with Bogut and Landry on board, I've relegated Tyler to an afterthought.

What do you think of Draymond Green so far?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 pm
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Bogut gives this team an interior defensive presence which it has not had since Nate Thurmond.

I do like how Bogut plays strong help-defense (desperately needed by this team). My only concern was his one-on-one defense vs. Cousins in the post; but then again, Cousins is a beast.

As he gets healthier and stronger, I can only see Bogut's contributions on both ends of the court increasing. I also like Ezeli as his backup, even with his bad hands; the kid plays tough defense and can rebound.

Do others on this board sense that this Warrior team may actually be quite good and can compete against any team in the league? While the team may not be a championship contending team, I actually see this team improving and possibly making the playoffs.

Ageed, old friend. Bogut is the missing piece this team has sorely lacked for decades. Big, mean, and merciless on the defensive end.

I also noticed Ezeli dropping passes, but to my mind it seemed like a one-game affair. He showed great poise finishing plays both in the preseason and against Memphis. We're a ways away from me labeling him with bad hands (like old man Foyle and his clumsy stone mits).

You have more faith in Tyler than I do. Perhaps I just burned myself out rooting for project big men like Randolph, Wright, Diogu, Biedrins, and O'Bryant... But Tyler seems like another AR to me. If he used his size to rebound and block shots, that'd be one thing, but he throws the ball away a lot because he wants to operate like Carl Landry and he doesn't have the skill yet. He's an athletic freak, there's no doubt, but with Bogut and Landry on board, I've relegated Tyler to an afterthought.

32, it is great to reconnect with you and the other board members.

Players get injured, tired, and slump throughout the course of an 82 game regular season. Guys like Tyler need to prepare and be ready to get their chance to show management that they deserve playing time.

It is interesting that you bring up Draymond Green. He reminds me of a younger and more athletic Carl Landry.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:35 am
I also think Tyler will not get much court time UNLESS he shows he can do the dirty work as such, which he hasn't shown so far really.

Green might get more court time with Rush out for the season, but he will also have to earn it alot, being a rookie.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:

Players get injured, tired, and slump throughout the course of an 82 game regular season. Guys like Tyler need to prepare and be ready to get their chance to show management that they deserve playing time.

It is interesting that you bring up Draymond Green. He reminds me of a younger and more athletic Carl Landry.

Green definitely strikes me as a skill-guy, but at 6'7" and with the buckle-knees he has, I dunno if I'd say he's more athletic than Landry. Green, to me, is a top rate vocal/emotional leader and seems to be an intangible player who can do a little bit of everything.

I've heard he can rebound like crazy, but he hasn't had a chance to show it yet in limited minutes.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:14 pm
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:

Green definitely strikes me as a skill-guy, but at 6'7" and with the buckle-knees he has, I dunno if I'd say he's more athletic than Landry. Green, to me, is a top rate vocal/emotional leader and seems to be an intangible player who can do a little bit of everything.

I've heard he can rebound like crazy, but he hasn't had a chance to show it yet in limited minutes.

I think back to the 1975 championship team where Al Attles was able to use a deep bench of players, many with similar skill sets, and attacked opposing teams with fresh and energetic bodies.

I like Green's game; I also like Tyler's game. We should also take into account that the Warriors have been an injury plagued team, so having a deep bench will only help this team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 am
That it will. The team being 2-1 since losing Brandon Rush is a testament to their depth. And Tyler is definitely a worthy project; if he can put his head together, he's got all the tools to be a special NBA player. Physically, he's got the hops and the length of a young Amare (doesn't have the strength or the toughness though). Again, he strikes me as a 6'11" guy who wants to play like a SF. If he gets the big mentality, he'll be at least backup worthy and that's good enough for now.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball