voting/politics thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

who are you voting for?

Barack Obama / Joe Biden
67%
John McCain / Sara Palin
9%
other (Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, etc)
3%
I'll decide later
9%
No one. Voting is for jerks
12%

Total votes : 33

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:54 am
I have never wanted to vote for "none of the above" as much as I do this time for California Governor.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:26 pm
hobbes wrote:I have never wanted to vote for "none of the above" as much as I do this time for California Governor.

Anything to keep Whitman out of office.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:36 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
hobbes wrote:I have never wanted to vote for "none of the above" as much as I do this time for California Governor.

Anything to keep Whitman out of office.

agreed :-X
~LilBallerx~

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:13 pm

I agree. Both candidates have said and done awful things that have absolutely lost my respect.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:42 am
So how's Obama going to go this November?

He campaigned on the slogan of "CHANGE" but with the GFC & the crooked bastards still in the business community (with no real momentum on the Liberal Occupy movement) I definitely could see an upset victory by the Republicans.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:39 am
PAWNO wrote:So how's Obama going to go this November?

He campaigned on the slogan of "CHANGE" but with the GFC & the crooked bastards still in the business community (with no real momentum on the Liberal Occupy movement) I definitely could see an upset victory by the Republicans.

Obama is winning... no contest. Obama has terrible competition (Just like George W. Bush had weak competition before him). The system is rigged to completely favor the incumbent.

Especially, if Rick Santorum wins the nomination, I think Obama wins all 50 states. It will be much closer is Romney wins the Republican nomination.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
PAWNO wrote:So how's Obama going to go this November?

Obama is winning... no contest. Obama has terrible competition (Just like George W. Bush had weak competition before him). The system is rigged to completely favor the incumbent.

Especially, if Rick Santorum wins the nomination, I think Obama wins all 50 states. It will be much closer is Romney wins the Republican nomination.

I don't see it that way bro.. Obviously you live in California & are subjected to a more Liberal/Democratic viewpoint on Politics

I think Obama could of done better to get behind the Occupy movement & blame his 4 years in office as failure on Rich bankers ect but local governments shut down a lot of the campsites & he really let a opportunity slip in my opinion.

With the run-up to the election, I expect the Republicans to gain a whole of full steam of momentum (especially with FOX NEWS network in the corner of the Republicans). Obama campaigned on that word CHANGE & nothing did, So it will be interesting to see how he asks the American people why he deserves another 4 years of office.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 pm
BTW it's funny I am even discussing American Politics... Don't think for a second I know anything about what's going on. I know the basics with a outsiders point of view.

But with the recent traffic on the board... I thought it would be neat to bump this topic in the OFF TOPIC forum as so we can create some discussion on a subject everyone likes to have an opinion about (well most people).

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 am
Glad the election is finally over as it brings out the extreme; people like Donald Trump, Sarah Palin get a stage to say irrational bs that make no sense nor help the country. The media hyped this election as if it was going to be close, turned out not to be the case. Obams won, but at the same time the republicans failed once again. There choice to cater to rich folks, conservative folks, southern folks will continue to hurt them in the future since the countries demographic is moving away from those ideologies they promote. Doesn't help either they get support from fox news, the likes of the birthers, trump and Limbaugh or how ever his name is spelt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 am
Yeah, I dont get donald trump. He complains about obama focusing just on one side of the political spectrum, and then encourages the republican house to continue to not work with him for obama's new term.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 am
Hate to say it, but nothing will change - politics as usual for capital hill as the Reps still hold a strong majority in the house. Maybe that will change in the next two years and someone will actually be able to get something done, but the partisanship in American politics makes following it painful for those of us that just want to see something change.

Now if we can only get the voter turnout to be nearly as good in the non-presidential elections, we might actually get somewhere - speaking as a moderate-liberal, but more so someone that would just like to see either side actually get something productive through congress - I'm disappointed with Democrats (or likely Dems) and their disinterest in voting for anything outside for who will become president... But the real reason that the Senate and the House are complete opposites is simply due to hold the popular vote (Democrats) and who hold the most districts (Republicans)...

Anyways, I'm not trying to ignite any flames nor am I expressing any strong political opinions for either side. Rather, I'm just expressing my frustration of the incredibly inefficient, clusterf*ck that is American politics...

Good for states that went the independent route. I really believe that sometime in the next decade or so, we'll see non-GOP and non-DNC candidates become real possibilities thanks to inexpensive social media and the internet bridging the gap that makes it impossible, for anyone without hundreds of millions backing their campaigns, to stand a chance.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:30 pm
I hear what your saying, for me politics has become dems vs rep, with each group caring about their policy and ideology and only going that particular route.

As far as independents, if politics continues going the route that displeases the people there will become more independents. Just in a couple of years we saw the tea party spring up, not sure what is going on now, but their rhetoric has cooled down.

The truth is government is too big, all I am hoping for is that the government does not infringe too much in my hopes of becoming successful in life.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum