What Bogut brings and how much better will team be

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 am
Kobe on this team? No. You thought Monta was bad for ball movement he was pistol Pete compared too Kobe haha.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 am
Years ago he was, but he has gotten better. You're talking about the best SG there is and top ten player alltime. I'd take him.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 am
Figured I'd bump this with Bogut's 18 minute debut last night.

In terms of figures, he shot 4-for-6, biffed his only FT, hauled down 6 boards, blocked a shot, changed more than 5 other shots, and found Lee for a nifty assist. Despite his terrific looking impact on the team, a nasty run in the 2nd quarter docked his plus-minus to -7.

I found the other team's strategy to be most interesting. How many times have the Warriors been a team that squads didn't wanna come inside against? (answer: never) That doesn't show up on a star sheet, but damn was it effective.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 am
migya wrote:Years ago he was, but he has gotten better. You're talking about the best SG there is and top ten player alltime. I'd take him.

Kobe had the ball most out of anyone in the league last year. Highest usage rate by far.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:23 am
Bogut looked pretty good other than that one shot when gortat blocked him. But nobody on the planet could have helped lee or curry play well last night. They were atrocious. Props to Carl Landry, rush, and jack
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 pm
Bogut shut down Phoenix' inside game for 18 minutes though.

The only reason the Suns were even in the mix was because Scola was hitting midrange jumpers and the refs were letting Telfair and Brown mug our ball handlers. Bogut completely changed the game when he was in. I, for one, loved it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm
Bogut changed the flow but it didn't stop scola from getting anything he wanted over lee. We talked about how bogut could help lee but last night was not an exemplary on how he could help lee from mid range
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:17 pm
But that just it: Scola was living on midrange jumpers. And, to his credit, he was hitting them.

Lee's defense is one day at a time. For the record, I thought the fact that Lee kept his man outside the paint for the most part was worlds better than anything he contributed last year. He showed weak side help and he banged quite a few times underneath. When Bogut was in the game, Lee's defense wasn't a noticeable problem. As someone mentioned in the game thread, Landry and Lee is flat out UGLY on the defensive end. But when Bogut was backing him up, Lee held his own defensively.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm
32 wrote:But that just it: Scola was living on midrange jumpers. And, to his credit, he was hitting them.

Lee's defense is one day at a time. For the record, I thought the fact that Lee kept his man outside the paint for the most part was worlds better than anything he contributed last year. He showed weak side help and he banged quite a few times underneath. When Bogut was in the game, Lee's defense wasn't a noticeable problem. As someone mentioned in the game thread, Landry and Lee is flat out UGLY on the defensive end. But when Bogut was backing him up, Lee held his own defensively.

Yeah, I'd settle for Scola shooting midrange jumpers all night. If he hits them, which he did, then good luck to him but I'd much prefer that than him setting up camp inside getting high percentage shots and put backs. As you've said before, Bogut changed the Suns offence just by his presence on the court. The stats don't show it but we know it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 pm
I saw a lot of weak side help in the first half. They still managed to make some tough layups and rotated well enough to get the ball to their open shooters and that's fine. You make them live and die on the perimeter. As long as you're not giving up easy money in the paint, it's all good. There was even one instance where I saw Klay helped too much on a defensive rotation and they got an easy bucket inside. That doesn't bother me at all either. It shows me that this team is working on defense. Also saw quicker feet in Thompson and Curry. That was encouraging as well.

Surprised no one mentioned Ezeli yet. Guy doesn't play like a rookie. The only problem I saw with Ezeli was his hands. He has to work on keeping his hands up and be ready to catch anything that goes his direction. Other than that, Ezeli was SOLID on defense. Saw some good blocks (even though he was called of a foul. Or at least someone did.), I saw great foot work on the offensive end, and he wasn't getting bullied.

Gave up a 17 point lead so the win wasn't as enjoyable, but this team is heading in the right direction.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:45 pm
To me Harrison Barnes performance seems quiet
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm
Bogut when healthy is an absolute monster!! Athletic, high IQ, good passer, great defender...I would have traded Monta for Bogut 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. As much as I liked Monta; volume-shooting, non-defense playing SG's are a dime a dozen. Plus, as we all know you don't turn down a trade (SG for C) unless that SG is MJ.
Andrew is not 100% and you can already see the effect on the game that he is having. It's been a loooong time since the Warriors have had a Center with a pulse, let alone one with Bogut's talent.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 am
Smitty wrote:Bogut when healthy is an absolute monster!! Athletic, high IQ, good passer, great defender...I would have traded Monta for Bogut 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. As much as I liked Monta; volume-shooting, non-defense playing SG's are a dime a dozen. Plus, as we all know you don't turn down a trade (SG for C) unless that SG is MJ.
Andrew is not 100% and you can already see the effect on the game that he is having. It's been a loooong time since the Warriors have had a Center with a pulse, let alone one with Bogut's talent.

Well said and totally true that Bogut is very valuable, but right now, he is still not 100% and that is very troubling. How long exactly does it take to get over an ankle injury like he had and more importantly, how much longer will he take to recover.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:43 am
Boguts 4th Qtr impact last night was the goods..

How good was that blocked shot on Aaron Brooks driving to the hoop. sent a shiver down my spine that the Warriors had someone finally defending the rim after years of Spread them legs D.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 am
Bogut gives this team an interior defensive presence which it has not had since Nate Thurmond.

I do like how Bogut plays strong help-defense (desperately needed by this team). My only concern was his one-on-one defense vs. Cousins in the post; but then again, Cousins is a beast.

As he gets healthier and stronger, I can only see Bogut's contributions on both ends of the court increasing. I also like Ezeli as his backup, even with his bad hands; the kid plays tough defense and can rebound.

My sleeper player on this roster is Jeremy Tyler.

Do others on this board sense that this Warrior team may actually be quite good and can compete against any team in the league? While the team may not be a championship contending team, I actually see this team improving and possibly making the playoffs.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball