Would you do this trade?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:23 pm
Derek Fisher
Mike Dunleavy
Chris Taft

for

Al Harrington
Josh Childress

Outgoing

Derek Fisher
6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
12.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 3.4 apg in 28.6 minutes

Mike Dunleavy
6-9 SF from Duke
10.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.9 apg in 31.5 minutes

Chris Taft
6-10 PF from Pittsburgh
2.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 8.2 minutes

Incoming
Al Harrington
6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
18.4 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.9 apg in 36.6 minutes

Josh Childress
6-8 SF from Stanford
9.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 28.5 minutes

Atlanta has been trying to ship out Harrington for a veteren playoff guard who can guide the players which Derek Fisher supplies so ATL would put more value into Fisher's worth. This would also unite Monty with Childress which might pull more productivity and points with Childress and Harrington would dominate with whatever position he plays (PF, SF). Dunleavy and Taft are just fillers cuz they're garbage anyway.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:03 pm
Hell, yeah. Why not?, a good salary dump at worst...

I'm not sold on Childress, and Harrington could bolt at season's end, but much better that the other trades...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:21 pm
I like the idea of dumping contracts...12+ Million cleared up for next season expecting AL will bounce...could be good for both childress and Captin Mont to be reunited...god knows they could both use some good in their short tenures. A little too late now though.........
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:24 pm
These Atlanta players really don't do anything for me. Al Harrington is an average power forward who will demand starting time (which will only create drama with Murphy and Diogu). Childress doesn't look like anything special, either.

So it comes down to what we lose. Dropping Dunleavy's contract sounds good... losing Fisher doesn't. Comes out even, meaning no go for me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:23 pm
I would but i dont think they would. They are rebuilding and want prospects. I would trade ike and pietrus for okafor (that guy on the bobcats)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm
but the great thing about Al Harrington is that he plays either the 3 or 4. He's too big for other fowards to guard him and too quick for the post to guard him. So he's pratically unguardable in his position but only problem is that he need to polish his skills and his jumpshot.

Other than that: AL > Derek and AL > Murph
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:02 pm
Anonymous wrote:I would trade ike and pietrus for okafor (that guy on the bobcats)

OOoooh, THAT Okafor. I had no idea who Emeka Okafor (the #2 pick in last year's draft - who shoulda been taken first) was... :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:02 am
Interesting trade. I wouldn't do it because Harrington is a bit over rated I think and Childress may never be more than just a decent player. This could be a good trade though. Fisher is playing well this season and he would be the biggest loss in this trade, the truth is the truth. Taft is someone who could be a very good contributor, you never know, so it is giving a bit too much here

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:33 am
It's kind of strange how the ATL players who have recently left, have kind of become pretty good players. Boris Diaw has become a good player, Jason Terry has done well for Dallas, and Terry Stotts, the former head coach is doing a good job in Milwuakee. Maybe we need our own Atlanta guy. Well maybe we already had him in Musselman, but yeah, maybe another one will do as well.

I don't know why Atlanta would ever do that deal, but it doesn't really matter now, as the deadline has passed. But that's my two cents on this proposal.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:39 am
oh no way lets not crowd the sf positoin even more mikeal is there already bring these two veing over more playin tyme
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:31 am
I don't care about crowding the SF spot (especially if we're getting rid of Dunleavy), I'm just not sold on Childress yet. I don't think he would play any better than Mike does.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 am
#32 wrote:I don't care about crowding the SF spot (especially if we're getting rid of Dunleavy), I'm just not sold on Childress yet. I don't think he would play any better than Mike does.

My thoughts exactly.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:34 pm
hell yeah, rid fisher and dunleavy's contracts, you'd be a fool not to do this trade.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:19 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:you'd be a fool not to do this trade.

I'm a fool, then.

I just don't see the advantage to trading away (for equal money) our best bench player (probably our 4th or 5th best overall player) and Mike Dunleavy for an unproven, underachieving SF and a big-headed PF who thinks he's a star (when, in actuality, he's one of the most average forwards in the NBA). Sorry, but unless we make a trade involving a bigger expirer (ie, Foyle & Dun's contracts together for one big payoff), than the idea of trading them for equal money doesn't appeal to me. Trading for the same (or, in this case, less) level of talent for equal amounts of salary doesn't make sense to me.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:07 am
#32 wrote:unless we make a trade involving a bigger expirer (ie, Foyle & Dun's contracts together for one big payoff), than the idea of trading them for equal money doesn't appeal to me. Trading for the same (or, in this case, less) level of talent for equal amounts of salary doesn't make sense to me.

I'd agree if it were trading for the same salaries, but it's not. Harrington is an expirer and Childress is in his second season. Each rookie contract is a 3+1 year contract, with the last one being a team option, so he would be an expirer next season if the team doesn't pick up the option. It would be a good move to get rid of some salaries. If it takes getting rid of Fish to do the same with Dun, so be it...

But, trade season is over and Harrington is an expirer this season. It makes no sense to discuss this trade anymore.
Next

Return to Trades