Brandon Rush Out For Season

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm
Looks like he tore his ACL last night and is out for the year. This is a pretty big blow because he looked like he was set for possibly a breakout season. There's still some free agents out there, but nobody too exciting. Maybe bring Pietrus back? Quite a few veterans out there also; Josh Howard, Michael Redd, Quentin Richardson. What do you guys think?
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:55 pm
Nooooo... :(

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm
That fall looked really bad, plus his reaction, the way he walked off with help told me the result was not going to be favorable. Well looks like we will be seeing more Barnes and Jefferson.

Huge blow to the bench, but life goes on, I would not mind Josh Howard, he would be an ideal fit actually with the rest of the squad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:30 pm
Not dope.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:37 pm
Sign josh Howard for a year ASAP. More importantly I wish rush the best with his health
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 pm
Huge blow for the team, but moreso for Rush, who was trying to up his career this season and set himself up for a bigger contract.

Josh Howard is nowhere near the star that played for Dallas a few years ago, but he defends a bit and maybe would be the ideal fit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't McGuire sign with the Raptors? If he is available, would really like to have him back and he'd be the best fit really.

At least right now RJ gets to play and if he performs well, that just increaes his value for a trade and that's only a good thing.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am
I'd prefer to save the finances for any event where Bogut goes down; we really don't have a 3rd string center.

Rush is not going to be replaced, but if Barnes can evolve into himself ahead of schedule and RJ keeps playing like he did yesterday, we'll be alright. For what it's worth, defensively, this team is all playing much better collectively. Rush's injury, while tragic, would have been infinitely more devastating last year. Morbid as it sounds, it's also good to get it outta the way before the team learns to rely on him heavily.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 am
If Draymond Green is good enough to be the third string SF, maybe second string sometimes, the team could really look for another big.

Read this article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kenyon-martin-upset-he-can-t-get-nba-job-04311709.html;_ylt=ArL4LlDEJ9KC8wB2GZODFq28vLYF;_ylu=X3oDMTRrMWNhcXJuBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5CQSBFeHBlcnRzBHBrZwNhMTA4N2U1NC0wNDFmLTNlZDAtOGY5NS1kZTM2MWNmNzFlNzUEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgMyZGY0M2ZmMy0yNmVlLTExZTItYWZlYi01NDE3MTk2MWJjOTQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTFoNjVvZWVyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuYmEEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Kenyon Martin upset he can't get NBA job

The NBA season is nearly a week old, and Kenyon Martin doesn't know why he still can't find a job in the league. He helped the Los Angeles Clippers during their playoff run last season. His knee issues of the past no longer seem to trouble him. And he's even willing to take a contract for the league minimum.

"There is a notion about me that is not accurate at all – I don't know who started it or where it came from – that people can't control me," Martin told Yahoo! Sports. "I don't understand. Have I had my issues like a lot of other people? Yeah. But I'm getting back that people think they can't control me, that if I don't play I'm going to explode, or I can turn a locker room.

"In 12 years there was not one day where I told one guy to dislike anybody. If you ask guys who I've played with that know me, they know what it is and know I'm about winning basketball games and competing."

Martin came off the bench to average 5.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 22.2 minutes in 42 games with the Clippers while backing up Blake Griffin last season. The Clippers didn't attempt to re-sign Martin in the offseason. The New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Brooklyn Nets, Atlanta Hawks and San Antonio Spurs expressed interest at the start of free agency, sources said, but no NBA team has offered a contract – even a non-guaranteed deal – to Martin.

Martin, 34, had hoped to sign with a title contender. Now, he'll be open to joining any NBA team.

"If someone calls me tomorrow, I don't care who it is, whether it's losing or winning at this point," Martin said. "If someone calls me tomorrow and wants me to come in, I'm going. Guys are going down and [teams] are like, 'Well, we are going to stick with what we got.' I'm like, 'Really?' I started questioning myself, 'Am I that bad of a guy?' "

Martin wonders if his reputation as an emotional player who has been known to speak his mind is being held against him.

"Am I emotional? Yeah, but that's what made me who I am," Martin said. "Is that too much or did I not do enough? Do I have my flaws? Yes. But have I done things the right way on and off the court? Yeah."

Portland Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey was the Clippers GM last season when he signed Martin. He thinks Martin's intense side can be "misperceived."

"He demands excellence from everyone around him," Olshey said. "He expects coaches to be prepared. He expects his teammates to compete at the same high level that he does. The one thing about Kenyon, if guys are not performing and are not as intense or focused on playing winning basketball, he's not reluctant to let them know about it. And I think that can be misperceived at times."

Olshey said he was "thrilled" with Martin's impact on the Clippers last season.

"We don't win the Memphis series [without Martin] and we certainly wouldn't have finished as high as fifth in the Western Conference without Martin," Olshey said. "His ability to impact the game by guarding multiple positions, switching pick-and-rolls, blocking shots and protecting the rim was an element we really didn't have and it made us unique. I was thrilled with Kenyon in Los Angeles. He was a good teammate."

Olshey's Blazers already have a full roster with 15 players. And he thinks teams needing to develop younger forwards probably wouldn't have interest in Martin playing a reserve role. Martin just hopes he gets a call from someone soon.

"I understand I'm not bigger than the game," Martin said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Right now I'd prefer a SF, but KMart could add toughness and some defense.

Landry is well deserving of the court time he's had though.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 am
KMart would be a 3rd string big though. Think he'd accept that role for the minimum?

He's looking at 100% bench time if Bogut, Ezeli, Lee, and Landry are healthy.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:48 pm
I don't think we should show interest in anybody after the Rush injury. I feel that Barnes, Jefferson, and Green (and even sliding Thompson to the 3 while Jack and Curry play the 1, 2) can hold down the SF position. They sure as hell showed they could during that Clippers game. Let's not mess with the chemistry right now. Barnes and Jefferson are deserving of the extra minutes.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:34 pm
Well, this will probably mean that Rush opts in to his 4 million for next year with us. At least we know he will be back with us next year. I wish him a speedy recovery. One of my favs on the team to watch.

I doubt Landry will opt in to that 4 mil contract the way he is playing. He was in consideration for Western Conf Player of the week last week but lost out to James Harden.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm
Loss of Rush is a really sad thing for our team, but if we can take anything good out of it, it is the fact that Harrison will now have some more playing time, and that should speed up his development.

It's too early to say that Landry will continue this tempo. Lee will score a lot more than he did, Barnes will get better and start shooting more...etc. Also, he might like it here, and decides to stay one more, and maybe even gets a new contract here.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm
I would love to see Kenyon Martin back in the league, but i can't imagine him getting any playing time on this team. Migya, McGuire is on the Raptors now and he hasn't played at all which is disappointing. I do think we need to pick up somebody whether it's Howard or someone else, because I don't see Jefferson being effective at all late in the year playing heavy minutes.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 am
maybe air france, he has good d, or bring azubuke back :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:03 am
Azu would be good, maybe he'd regain his form from the last time he was here.

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball