We beat the clips in their house!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 am
This front office is shitting on the old which is not hard to do, warriors are getting the deserved respect.

I've always been a Monta fan, but the paring with Curry had too many issues, so the trade was a no-brainer. I always like Monta because he still had value un-like Beans. So the trade was all about timing, getting Bogut, having Klay on deck, and trading Monta in time to tank and getting Barnes through the tank.

I see continuous progression with this team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am
warriorsstepup wrote:This front office is shitting on the old which is not hard to do, warriors are getting the deserved respect.

I've always been a Monta fan, but the paring with Curry had too many issues, so the trade was a no-brainer. I always like Monta because he still had value un-like Beans. So the trade was all about timing, getting Bogut, having Klay on deck, and trading Monta in time to tank and getting Barnes through the tank.

+1, great post, welcome to double-digit poster credit, dog. :D
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:23 am
This goes to show that the warriors have potential without bogut, by no means am I saying that they don't need bogut. But I'm saying with lees limited minutes and boguts absence, it showed how good Carl Landry and festis ezili can be. It was a real good sign actually. Plus guys like Thompson are starting to help on the glass which was also a good sign. Lee hasn't found his full stride just quite yet and bogut has been limited. This team has some good options. And then u never know with beans. I shouldn't say that but at his Prime age he isn't exactly washed up, just mentally. But hes a last resort
Last edited by Stairway Man on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 am
Did anyone notice that birderins looked madder when coming into the game? I know it's an old topic but he could be a good back up option even at power forward but then again not much room
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 pm
Andris Biedrins cannot shoot outside 2 feet. He has a free throw ceiling lower than Shaq, Ben Wallace, and DeAndre Jordan. He fouls at a league-leading rate. He can't catch. Can't dribble. Can't pass. Can't set a screen without throwing his hip. Can't hit the offensive glass without going over someone's back. Doesn't have the hops, the strength, the heart, the fortitude, the weight, or the desire to be a rotational NBA player. He has regressed in literally all tangible categories since getting paid and shows no passion towards improving himself. He's a nice guy, so Bob and Jim make a flurry of excuses for him, but outside of MEDIOCRE defensive rebounding, the Warriors are playing a constant 4-on-5 with Biedrins on the floor.

In a fully healthy environment, our 4-5's should receive minutes in this order: David Lee, Andrew Bogut, Carl Landry, Festus Ezeli, Draymond Green, Jeremy Tyler, AND THEN Andris Biedrins. Any minutes given to him are a complete and total waste that could be used to further the development of 3 project bigs, if not increase the fantasy value and/or winnability of this team by playing our first 3 bigs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 pm
32 wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:This front office is shitting on the old which is not hard to do, warriors are getting the deserved respect.

+1, great post, welcome to double-digit poster credit, dog. :D

Thank you sir :D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm
Man, Ezeli really impressed me last night. Great defense, great job on the glass, moved well. Could not ask for anything more of a rookie going up against two of the better bigs in the division. I was really happy when we picked him, but I didn't expect him to be able to contribute so early on. I really hope Klay's alright; we can't afford to lose another key player.

Some of you may remember that I was skeptical of the Landry signing. Well, three games may not be a huge sample size, but so far, he's making me look like a fool. Without him, I expect we'd have three losses to this point. Definitely a great pickup so far. Though, to be fair, my biggest gripe with that signing was that it meant we'd give up McGuire, and now with Rush out, we sure could use Dom again. That's just the Warriors' luck though. I don't know what it is, but I don't like seeing Jefferson on the court for us. He had a couple great plays last night, but I dunno, I just prefer seeing the younger guys. Barnes has been inconsistent so far; we're going to need him to grow into his role fairly quickly unless we bring in another SF.

Also, what's with Curry's free throws lately? Seems like he's missing everything!
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:09 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I don't believe we are a top five team in the west, yet.

But potentially we could be headed in that direction
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm
Stairway Man wrote:The warriors looked more complete than they have in years even decades tonight. And that's without bogut. The warriors rebounded scored inside, scored 2nd chance points, banged, and grinded. I can't remember the last time they looked this solid. They committed too many fouls but I felt the refs were calling everything.

Agreed... This was completely surprising to me. I kept thinking there's no way the Warriors would answer when the Clippers stepped it up, but they did. I've never seen this from the Warriors before. We didn't back down and we didn't panic. Normally we'd crack in these situations, but man did they stay strong and I'm in shock by it. It didn't even go our way with the whistle and we still came out with a grinding win. Impressive.

A win like this does wonders. Not just a win against a great Clippers team, but a win the way it was done. We kept our poise, answered their attacks, kept cool with the refs, and stayed physical in an intense, emotional game.

I was impressed by the chemistry. Everyone who played meaningful minutes contributed in a good way. Lee and Barnes were in foul trouble early, but came in down the stretch and made a difference. Curry and Landry were spectacular! Jack, Thompson, and Jefferson held their own too! I'm liking Jefferson in there and I think we can compete with him backing up Barnes. What can I say about Ezeli... We got a nice center here gentlemen and I can't wait to see him improve along with Barnes.

Big Win!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:The warriors looked more complete than they have in years even decades tonight. And that's without bogut. The warriors rebounded scored inside, scored 2nd chance points, banged, and grinded. I can't remember the last time they looked this solid. They committed too many fouls but I felt the refs were calling everything.

Agreed... This was completely surprising to me. I kept thinking there's no way the Warriors would answer when the Clippers stepped it up, but they did. I've never seen this from the Warriors before. We didn't back down and we didn't panic. Normally we'd crack in these situations, but man did they stay strong and I'm in shock by it. It didn't even go our way with the whistle and we still came out with a grinding win. Impressive.

A win like this does wonders. Not just a win against a great Clippers team, but a win the way it was done. We kept our poise, answered their attacks, kept cool with the refs, and stayed physical in an intense, emotional game.

I was impressed by the chemistry. Everyone who played meaningful minutes contributed in a good way. Lee and Barnes were in foul trouble early, but came in down the stretch and made a difference. Curry and Landry were spectacular! Jack, Thompson, and Jefferson held their own too! I'm liking Jefferson in there and I think we can compete with him backing up Barnes. What can I say about Ezeli... We got a nice center here gentlemen and I can't wait to see him improve along with Barnes.

Big Win!

So many things could've gone better too. Right now we're doing good and we're doing it on the backs of Curry and Landry offensively, and Ezeli defensively. Just wait until Lee and Bogut kicks and we might have something really good on our hands.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm
A year ago, would anyone have guessed that scoring the ball would be among Golden State's bigger issues??

And, hell, they're STILL finding ways to win. They won game 1 shooting 38%, they won game 3 only dropping 4 of 16 from beyond the arc. They're doing it with rebounding and defense! It's incredible!
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball