Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2012-11-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 pm
Golden State Warriors (1 - 1) @ Los Angeles Clippers (2 - 0)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ Staples Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area
Nat TV: NBATV

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - DeAndre Jordan
PF - Blake Griffin
SF - Caron Butler
SG - Willie Green
PG - Chris Paul
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm
this gonna be one ugly game. with rush (whom i thought to be our 3rd best player after curry and lee) out for the season, i see us in no contention for playoffs. now our perimeter is defenseless. and today our center spot is in the hands of two rookies (ezeli and tyler).
the blowout ensuing quite early in the third, i hope we play all rookie with one second year five on the floor a lot:
c - ezeli
pf - tyler
sf - barnes/green
sg - bazemore
pg - jenkins
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm
Yeah, it's going to be a blow out, but you don't concede games.

Secondly, Rush did not push us into the playoffs nor did he take us out. Does his loss hurt? Yes, but you are overreacting. It's like Laker fans who think they won't make the playoffs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm
Season is early no need to go into panic mode yet, I do understand to an extent Martin's view point, like a wife which has dis-appointed too many times in past, they get some counseling and the wife says I am going to change, I am going to change, this is a new year new me. Its a new team Martin cheer up, even if they lose it's early some things need sorting, the team will be fine.

Yes there are things they need to work on, but it will come with time.

In this game I am looking any sort of post game, am looking for them to spread the floor. I watched parts of the Knicks game and they moved the ball really well ended up with 19 threes. I am looking for similar results that's this teams identity, shooters, assassins.

Will be looking for a post game, ball movement and post defense.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:37 pm
This season will come down to what we knew at the start of the season. Bogut and Curry playing.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Season is early no need to go into panic mode yet, I do understand to an extent Martin's view point, like a wife which has dis-appointed too many times in past, they get some counseling and the wife says I am going to change, I am going to change, this is a new year new me. Its a new team Martin cheer up, even if they lose it's early some things need sorting, the team will be fine.

Yes there are things they need to work on, but it will come with time.

In this game I am looking any sort of post game, am looking for them to spread the floor. I watched parts of the Knicks game and they moved the ball really well ended up with 19 threes. I am looking for similar results that's this teams identity, shooters, assassins.

Will be looking for a post game, ball movement and post defense.

This. Is. A. Dream. We. Have. Forgotten. To. Dream.

ok, i don't know what i'm doing here, but i'm just hoping coach giving us a chance - which is exactly what step up mentioned in this paragraph.

also, would not be surprised by big offensive night by lee, since he probably will play center a lot. like 24 points and 11 rebounds.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:04 pm
Blackfoot wrote:Yeah, it's going to be a blow out, but you don't concede games.

Secondly, Rush did not push us into the playoffs nor did he take us out. Does his loss hurt? Yes, but you are overreacting. It's like Laker fans who think they won't make the playoffs.

curry and bogut never took us to playoffs as well. should we not be worried if we lose them? oh, but yeah you mention it in your second post.

rush was one of the more versatiles guards/sf's on this team. he COULD defend, shoot and slash. it does not matter that he was a reserve, in my opinion he is better than barnes and thompson right now. well, not exactly right now, if you see what i mean :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 pm
I meant will not. lol

I agree that he is better than those two currently, but our season was not reliant on him.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I meant will not. lol

I agree that he is better than those two currently, but our season was not reliant on him.

well, curry and bogut alone can't do it. he was significant part of we were doing there. possibly the sixth man of the year. bogut being limited for whole november we might get into deep hole re playoff chances.
it would be sad to start thinking about draft before new year.

especially since the expectations were quite lofty.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm
True, i was thinking more the little things that will net more wins and team identity.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm
that's what i'm talking about. tempo. quick shots. quick passes. ballet ball on offense. scramble and commitment on defense.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:53 pm
martin wrote:

well, curry and bogut alone can't do it. he was significant part of we were doing there. possibly the sixth man of the year. bogut being limited for whole november we might get into deep hole re playoff chances.

Nah, we will still be in it. Mavs are hurt, Twolves are hurt, Jazz are average.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:02 pm
Blackfoot wrote:
martin wrote:

Nah, we will still be in it. Mavs are hurt, Twolves are hurt, Jazz are average.

and i will [-o< for it

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:10 pm
Where the hell is score bot, I like his information.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 pm
Ezeli really impressive with his interior defense. Cant stand Barnes by far the dirtiest player in the league. One of tjose players you love on your team hate on others.
Next

Return to Game Threads