Harden to Rockets for K. Mart and Lamb

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:06 am
Like the title says, Harden got traded to the Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb and draft picks.

What do you think of the trade? Who got more? Or was it an even trade?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 am
Harden wanted moey over winning and team success.

Houston wins out, but only if they resign Harden. If Lin can be a real good PG most of the time then they have a very good backcourt. Now all they need is talent everywhere else.

Thunder did well to act quickly and get something for Harden. Martin fits quite well off the bench, but I think they'll get him starting as SG, which is a mistake, off the bench is where he might do better. If I was them, I'd trade Martin after this upcoming season for a more allround and effective SG.

Both teams did well.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm
This is one of the very few times where the trade seems to be a positive for both teams(unlike any Lakers trade). OKC will suffer early this season, as it will take them time to adjust, but with Lamb and the 1st round draft picks it should help in years to come. Rockets get a guy who seems to be on the up and now has the opportunity to be the 'go to' guy on their roster - plus he'll get a max contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 am
I think OKC can't afford to pay the salaries that they're paying. That goes for alot of teams actually, as unfair as it is, as the big market teams, like New York, Lakers, Chicago and Miami, can and still make profit. They have to make do with Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka and surround them with very good role players.

I still think OKC is the among the three best teams in the nba right now and the one with the least star hype, as Miami and Lakers have alot of that, and so they can go without so much of the attention and expectation, though they have a fair bit of that as well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm
Harden gets to prove himself, to me he is slightly over-rated, not a bad way I think he is a good player, am saying over-rated like Joe Johnson over-rated, overall OKC gets the edge. The talk is Lamb is looking like a good pro, plus Martin spreads the floor for them. With KD, and Westbrook already on the squad the new additions will blend in well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 24
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 pm
Should have amnestied perkins, they could have kept him.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:54 pm
Martin can score, even more so then Harden. And he gets to the line, so as long as Westbrook doesn't ball hog, they should be a better offensive team. On the defensive side is where there are going to lack, and that could be a problem and cost them games. Harden was an above average perimeter defender and Martin is below average. Not sure about Lamb, but he probably has much to learn before becoming a factor for a championship contender. But the good thing for OKC is they now have an improved bench. With Lamb, PJ3, Martin, a returning Eric Maynor, they may be able to rest the starters more. Also note, that the starters are the same as last year.

Plus as many ppl have mentioned, the draft picks will allow them to have decent talent at a low rookie contract price in the future. (or as trade chips).
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 pm
Ringo wrote:This is one of the very few times where the trade seems to be a positive for both teams(unlike any Lakers trade). OKC will suffer early this season, as it will take them time to adjust, but with Lamb and the 1st round draft picks it should help in years to come. Rockets get a guy who seems to be on the up and now has the opportunity to be the 'go to' guy on their roster - plus he'll get a max contract.

QFT +1
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 am
I know it was only the Pistons but Harden looked very impressive for his 1st game in a Rockets uniform.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 am
Harden looked like a top 5 player this game! Very impressive and he certainly is making everyone think he deserves the money he will get, which maybe he does. Still, just one game.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 am
Yeah, he really looked like a true star out there. We shall see what will he become...it might be just the start of the season, where he wants to prove himself, and then he might regress a bit, once he settles in, and his trade is not something that's talked about on daily basis.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 am
I've never seen Harden play such a great game.

If he's a 25 point, 6 assist, 5 rebound guy, as they stats hint he could be, than he's worth the money. I still don't think he can take the Rockets to the playoffs and I'm unsure that he can sustain the pressure of being a #1 guy for a whole season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 am
Damn. First 2 games with a team, the 3 highest scoring players are Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, and James Harden. He's playing out of his mind and Jeremy Lin was ballin out too. Houston may not be as insane as I thought...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm
Damn, would be my same reaction. I know he had the skill, but I did not think he was capable of doing all this, apparently dude is on a mission to prove he is an elite player who was over-shadowed by Westbrook, and Durant.

Its crazy what he is doing right now, I am speechless.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm
He did iy again today with another very good game. He has everything to prove, but right now he looks like a top 10 player at least.

Martin doing alright in OKC as well though and they are doing well right now so looks like win-win.

Next

Return to Trades