Any chance Biedrins could ever be effective again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm
Draymond Green came into the game before Biedrins did. Anytime you have enough depth so that you can keep his ass on the bench is a good thing. Bitchrins can go kick rocks.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm
Ain't that the friggin truth.

Biedrins is officially 1-0 as a towel boy. Why **** with a good thing?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:06 pm
32 wrote:Ain't that the friggin truth.

Biedrins is officially 1-0 as a towel boy. Why **** with a good thing?

:D
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 pm
I've dumped Biedrins and signed up the Birdman on 2K13. If only the FO did the same.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am
Isn't birderins still recovering from the groin injury?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am
Might be. Might not be. It's irrelevant.

Jackson won't play him for not showing up to voluntary workouts. He was quite literally the only one to ditch those. "Groin injury" sounds a lot like Harrington's "back spasms" a few years back. I think they're exploring every trade possible to get him out of the Bay and they're gonna keep him healthy til it's done. There's gotta be one sucker team out there willing to part with something for him... I vote Utah cause Al Jefferson is a friend of his and (let's face it) after acquiring Marvin Williams - and, before that, Devin Harris - its clear that they'll take a flyer on crap players.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:40 am
I doubt we'll find any takers with his contract - not until mid point next season when a team is looking for an expirer - then his $9 mil figure works to our advantage and becomes a big trade piece. Either that or we can prey that by some miracle, Beans decides to exercise that early termination option.... [-o<
Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 pm
I would only deal him for another center. How did him an al Jefferson get well acquainted? What's biedrins problem anyways? I'm thinking it's an attitude thing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 pm
IMO, if you think the Warriors can pick their spots with Biedrins and cherry-pick another center from somebody (even a 10 MPG backup center), you're giving Biedrins' trade value WAY too much credit...

He's hysterically overpaid and hasn't been an NBA-level player for 4 years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:19 am
He is an expirer, along with RJ, after this season and very tradeable. Right now, the team is stuck with him and any chance to get him to perform well and make himself look good, is all pluses for the team and trading him for some sort of value.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 am
Exactly. Until next year, he will net us nothing.

And if he does, it'll be due to Bob Myers' genius more than Biedrins' value.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm
I can't stand the booing. Yes he hasn't performed, but I just think it is aweful that we boo our own players. It is not like he isn't trying. I know it comes with the territory (and the contract), but I also think it contradicts the fact that we are the best fans. We support our team through the tough times, we should support our players as long as they are trying... just my opinion... had to vent it.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I can't stand the booing. Yes he hasn't performed, but I just think it is aweful that we boo our own players. It is not like he isn't trying. I know it comes with the territory (and the contract), but I also think it contradicts the fact that we are the best fans. We support our team through the tough times, we should support our players as long as they are trying... just my opinion... had to vent it.

Agreed!

It is, however, rather disappointing how Biedrens seems to show no initiative in improving his free throw shooting. It is not like he is dominant center (like Shaq was) and comes across as a guy who is not working hard at becoming a better player and mastering his craft.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm
Lack of effort when one is being paid as much as he is...well that's just a damn shame. I've said for a long time that ever since he went with that Stupid Leonardo Di Caprio-esque hairdo, his play has been almost as embarrasing as the haircut. Get the spiked hairstyle back and MAYBE you have a chance Biedrins.
Seriously though, it has to be as many others have mentioned, a mental or attitude issue. How a young, athletic 6'11 guy can be stuck on the bench is beyond me.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:06 am
Smitty wrote:Lack of effort when one is being paid as much as he is...well that's just a damn shame. I've said for a long time that ever since he went with that Stupid Leonardo Di Caprio-esque hairdo, his play has been almost as embarrasing as the haircut. Get the spiked hairstyle back and MAYBE you have a chance Biedrins.
Seriously though, it has to be as many others have mentioned, a mental or attitude issue. How a young, athletic 6'11 guy can be stuck on the bench is beyond me.

Agreed!

I had predicted this back when Foyle was on the roster and the cancerous effect that having a loafer like Foyle on the roster would have on the younger players like Biedrens. It goes back to Mullin drafting Biedrens and having Biedrens as the understudy to on overpaid, underachieving, and lazy player like Foyle.

The franchise did finally get rid of the Cohan, Mullin, Nelson troika which had truly set back this franchise for the past decade.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball