Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... ing-to-win
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm
I'm pulling for this guy. He's been in tough situation his entire professional career and this upcoming season is his first real opportunity to be on a winning team. There's no denying that he's one of our center pieces and definitely will be in all-star consideration should we make the playoffs this year. I know it's been mentioned a million times before, but this is his first opportunity to play with a reputable and big center. I hope Bogut and Curry can stay healthy for the sake of Lee, the organization, and most importantly the fans. I'm so fukken ready for this season.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:49 am
I like lee. He has shown that offensively he is so smooth. He can play inside and outside. He had a better year last year than the year before. I think when monta left lee stood out more. I want to see bogut and lee play together
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 am
8th ave wrote:I'm pulling for this guy. He's been in tough situation his entire professional career and this upcoming season is his first real opportunity to be on a winning team. There's no denying that he's one of our center pieces and definitely will be in all-star consideration should we make the playoffs this year. I know it's been mentioned a million times before, but this is his first opportunity to play with a reputable and big center. I hope Bogut and Curry can stay healthy for the sake of Lee, the organization, and most importantly the fans. I'm so fukken ready for this season.

Word. 8) +1
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 am
This guy is such a great fit for our team. A leader as well as a productive player. He sees the potential in our our team and know that we're capable of so much more than our previous records have shown. With the new core of guys and the direction that we're going, we're building a team that can contend, not simply play an exciting high scoring style that has no consistency/longevity. Can't wait to see the full starting 5 get on the court!
Waaarriors...come out and plaaaaaaay!!!

Thanks to my Injury Lawyer for helping me through these past few months.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:04 pm
David Lee is a gamer straight up. Gamers play for the love of the game; no matter what team they are on; no matter if their team is good or bad; no matter how much money they're making. He has passion and love for the sport and respects it. He doesn't let the media or outside distractions mess with his game. As long as David is on the floor we have a great player with heart, hustle, and intensity.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:David Lee is a gamer straight up. Gamers play for the love of the game; no matter what team they are on; no matter if their team is good or bad; no matter how much money they're making. He has passion and love for the sport and respects it. He doesn't let the media or outside distractions mess with his game. As long as David is on the floor we have a great player with heart, hustle, and intensity.

Agreed, Josh, Lee is easily my favorite player on the roster and a huge part if it has to do with that hustle factor you brought up. I found it particularly impressive to hear that Lee came from wealthy parents and easily could have pushed a hand-me-down desk job for a fat paycheck, but chose to work his ass off and make it on his own as a professional athlete. IMO, that's just as impressive - if not more - than these dudes who come from nothing and make it; I'd argue that most people, given the opportunity to just chill out and ride the family card would be all about it. Lee is the exception and it definitely shows when he's out on the floor.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:46 pm
All this guy needs to do to take us to the next level is to give his absolute all of the defensive end. If we want to win, Lee has to have to onus of doing on BOTH end of the floor. There's no doubt this guy is talented on the offensive end, but he has to get it done on the defensive side too.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:29 am
Lee will never be a good defender. He is effective and that's all that counts, but others around him need to mask his deficiency defensively.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:31 am
Bogut makes others a better defender. I think that's an important to note. Others players defensive efficiency stats improve with Bogut around.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 am
And more to your point, BF, Bogut's tutelage transformed Drew Gooden from a defensive doormat to a solid man defender. With Lee's work ethic, it's not unreasonable to think he may have similar results. Lee's lateral movement is a big negative; I had the same problem when I played and I (likewise) relied on the spin much more heavily than the crossover, like Lee. However, David Lee is extremely coordinated and it'd be nice to see him develop quick hands on defense, ala Chris Mullin.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm
I find it interesting that there were a lot of Lee haters out there before (more because of his huge contract then his play), and it seems like he has played well enought to quiet them.... for now. I think he will be a great leader for the young squad as he plays hard, and works hard off the court. He also seems to be a quality person out side of basketball too. Hopefully that trend of picking up quality people continues for the dubs.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:18 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I find it interesting that there were a lot of Lee haters out there before (more because of his huge contract then his play), and it seems like he has played well enought to quiet them.... for now. I think he will be a great leader for the young squad as he plays hard, and works hard off the court. He also seems to be a quality person out side of basketball too. Hopefully that trend of picking up quality people continues for the dubs.

People who are critical of David Lee are critical of aspects of his game that do not translate well for a team that is undersized, lacks interior play, and has a focus on defense. Let's not kid ourselves here; David Lee likes to have the ball in his hands, scores a bunch of points (especially for teams with losing records), and is a below average on-the-ball as well as help defender.

David Lee, when paired with a center who provides an interior presence (Bogut, Ezeli) on both ends of the floor (especially on the defensive end), can cause opposing teams lots of problems on the defensive end of the floor. Not too many big men can play with Lee on the perimeter nor are there many power forwards who can move quickly enough laterally to defend Lee in one-on-one situations where Lee is attacking the rim.

What I do like about this Warrior roster is its balance. Bob Myers and his front office staff (a big breath of fresh air when we compare them to the horrible tenures of Larry Riley, Chris Mullin, Gary St. Jean, Dave Twardzik, and Don Nelson) have vertically aligned the front office, coaching staff, and roster in a manner which should pay dividends almost immediately.

With Bogut playing on the block when the team goes into its half court offense, we should expect to see David Lee playing the pick-and-pop game, especially with Curry. Lee should especially thrive in these kinds of situations. Let's just hope that Bogut gets into better playing shape and can stay healthy so that the team does not have to rely on Lee so much to provide interior defense.

Lastly, David Lee is an underrated offensive rebounder. The kid has quick feet and is a threat to not only fight for offensive rebounds, but also to score on quick put backs.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am
Lee was supposed to be a bad contract, like Boozer is to the Bulls. Joe Johnson to the Nets. Al Harrington's contract to the Magic. Lee has been very pivotal for us.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 am
Agreed, BF.

Lee may be a defensive C-, but he's a B+ offensive player and an A- rebounder. Easily the 3rd best current player on the roster when it's fully healthy.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball