TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 pm
The fifth and final season of Fringe just started; I'd recommend that show to anyone looking for more shows to watch.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 pm
Also watching Once Upon a Time; the second season just started. I know, sounds gay, but I like it lol.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am
Walking Dead season premier last night. Seems like they are trying to drive home some ideas and themes this season:

Rick is the leader, but there is still much second guessing of his decisions to come. Rick is not happy with his meddling, backstabbing wife.

I did have a question and was curious what anybody else thinks...
Spoiler!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:08 pm
Yeah, I figured it was to stop the spread of the virus through the bite. That was my first, initial thought as it was happening. When one of them dies (without being bitten) you turn into a zombie.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 am
Yeah, but there hasn't been any discussion of it spreading like that. that's the obvious answer and probably is the case, but you'd think that the show would have done a better job of foreshadowing this, instead of just leaving it to the inferences of the audience.

Anyways, the show is still really good, probably 3rd on my list, but was disappointed when they showed the pilot in black in white and black a few months ago. I reminded me of how artistic and subtle it was in comparison to the rest of the show - or at least what most of it has become. The show now has turned into a melting pot of sub plots and predictable story arcs, with forced and dull dialog spewed from one-dimensional character acrchtypes...

IMO the show should focus far more on the world around them and the devolution of society - on a large scale I know to an extent, their group is a microcosm of that. Although I'm torn between that that the isolated nature of the group, their childlike wonder of what is going on and their primitive sense of survival.

Either way, I think they should focus on one or both of those topics instead of continuing the already tired trend of...

She needs something or she'll die...
I'll do it...
No you can't do it because....
None of us should do it - let her die....
Rick: I'll do it cause i'm the leader and want to make that clear, even though I think I should let them die, but the group will blame the death on me...
Louri: but Rick the baby, Carl, me!
Rick: should have thought about that before you fucked my bestfriend... whore... But i still love you, I'm just going to punish you like I don't.
Herrshal: You must do it, what is left separating us from those things!
Asian Kid: I want to be a hero because nobody respects me, which was cool and all until this girl that is wayaaay out of my league started banging me - so i''ll do it!
Hot chick banging Asian kid: No! they only use you! Stand up for yourself!
T-Dog: Saaaaay What!?! (whole line in episode)
Rick: She's right, I'm the leader and I'll do it.
Daryl: Whateves, I'm going to act too cool about all of this and spend my entire time search for a little girl or something to prove to the audience that I'm not a total shithead.
BaldChick: I'm going to cozy up to Daryl because he has lost everyone like me and we are just the right amount of white-trash...
Daryl: Hope that bald d*ke doesn't try cozying up to me anymore... Doesn't she understand that I'm gay - it's only been suppressed for so long because of my crazy brother... oh man won't that be a big "twist" when he shows back up this season and tries to over-through the group, then loses and in a display of compassion and having a good heart, I stay - picking them over my own flesh and blood...
T-Dawg: aw snap! walkers!
The End
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:09 pm
JREED wrote:Yeah, but there hasn't been any discussion of it spreading like that. that's the obvious answer and probably is the case, but you'd think that the show would have done a better job of foreshadowing this, instead of just leaving it to the inferences of the audience.

Anyways, the show is still really good, probably 3rd on my list, but was disappointed when they showed the pilot in black in white and black a few months ago. I reminded me of how artistic and subtle it was in comparison to the rest of the show - or at least what most of it has become. The show now has turned into a melting pot of sub plots and predictable story arcs, with forced and dull dialog spewed from one-dimensional character acrchtypes...

IMO the show should focus far more on the world around them and the devolution of society - on a large scale I know to an extent, their group is a microcosm of that. Although I'm torn between that that the isolated nature of the group, their childlike wonder of what is going on and their primitive sense of survival.

Either way, I think they should focus on one or both of those topics instead of continuing the already tired trend of...

She needs something or she'll die...
I'll do it...
No you can't do it because....
None of us should do it - let her die....
Rick: I'll do it cause i'm the leader and want to make that clear, even though I think I should let them die, but the group will blame the death on me...
Louri: but Rick the baby, Carl, me!
Rick: should have thought about that before you fucked my bestfriend... whore... But i still love you, I'm just going to punish you like I don't.
Herrshal: You must do it, what is left separating us from those things!
Asian Kid: I want to be a hero because nobody respects me, which was cool and all until this girl that is wayaaay out of my league started banging me - so i''ll do it!
Hot chick banging Asian kid: No! they only use you! Stand up for yourself!
T-Dog: Saaaaay What!?! (whole line in episode)
Rick: She's right, I'm the leader and I'll do it.
Daryl: Whateves, I'm going to act too cool about all of this and spend my entire time search for a little girl or something to prove to the audience that I'm not a total shithead.
BaldChick: I'm going to cozy up to Daryl because he has lost everyone like me and we are just the right amount of white-trash...
Daryl: Hope that bald d*ke doesn't try cozying up to me anymore... Doesn't she understand that I'm gay - it's only been suppressed for so long because of my crazy brother... oh man won't that be a big "twist" when he shows back up this season and tries to over-through the group, then loses and in a display of compassion and having a good heart, I stay - picking them over my own flesh and blood...
T-Dawg: aw snap! walkers!
The End

LOL..nice Cliff's Notes! You missed the cute blonde sister though..

Cute Blonde Sister: (Sings). :-"

But yeah, I agree..it's starting to be a cliche, typical zombie show (albeit good). I did like how they found the jail. Is there a safe haven they're trying to find (like military control)? I may have missed that part..THAT would be typical lol. With the concept of just trying to survive, they can stretch the series out for who knows how long!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm
Man, I just watched the 1st season of Breaking Bad because of all the feedback on here and I've got to say, that **** did not catch my interest as much as I thought it would.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am
8th ave wrote:Man, I just watched the 1st season of Breaking Bad because of all the feedback on here and I've got to say, that **** did not catch my interest as much as I thought it would.

Really? I guess season 1 is kind of slow... The first 6 or so episodes were basically made for a different network. I'd say the show really picks up in season 3. It's not the instant gratification kind of show like a lot of these other series are - the subtle/slow progression of the show pays off IMO. BB doesn't have to kill off half the cast (GoT) or pull something completely out of left field (True Blood) to make an impact. It relies on much smarter storytelling.

Anyways, the show may not be for you and I don't want anyone blaming me for wasting literally days of their life on a show they don't like - not that you would, but I recall how I felt (and still feel) when everyone and their mom told me I had to watched Lost... I will never forgive them, just as I will never watch another big-network, prime-time series like that again... easily one of the worst decisions I've ever made.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 pm
Yeah, I think BB got better with age.

Anyone here watch FRINGE? What do you think of the 5th season??
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 am
BB did get better after the first few episodes. Really one of the best shows I've ever seen.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:38 am
Did you catch up on Breaking Bad Migs?

Looking fwd to this season. Gotta wait tip July timeframe, But that was a season cliff hanger.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Spoiler!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am
Yea, saw the last episodes of BB a while ago now. Great ending with Hank finding out alot.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 am
migya wrote:Yea, saw the last episodes of BB a while ago now. Great ending with Hank finding out alot.

I'm curious how he is going to approach Walt.
Spoiler!

How sad it's gonna be over this time next year. :-(
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 am
I think he has to get some hard evidence, so it will take a few episodes at least, probably culminating with some sort of capture or death of Walt in the last episode.

Really is a great series, but they had to end it some time and we're almost there.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm
Anybody watching The Americans?
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum