Official preseason thread.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 pm
Feel free to post anything related to our preseason here.

The game isn't finished yet and the site I usually get my streams from aren't working so I didn't get to see it live, but I am keeping track of the stat line. Thompson and Lee are doing their usual thing. Scoring, good shooting, good rebounding. Other things that pop out is Jenkins' play. He didn't score much but he's filling up the stat sheet with assists, steals, and rebounds. Everything in less than 20 minutes. Another thing you might notice is Biedrin's statline. Its filled with zeros except his personal fouls. He managed to get 4 of those in 11 minutes! That guy needs jesus. Only a miracle is going to turn his NBA career around.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 pm
Oh, Barnes fared pretty well too. Had 12 points, 2 rebounds, an assist and a block.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 am
How does a guy the size of Biedrins play 11 minutes without getting a single rebound?
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 am
8th ave wrote:Feel free to post anything related to our preseason here.

The game isn't finished yet and the site I usually get my streams from aren't working so I didn't get to see it live, but I am keeping track of the stat line. Thompson and Lee are doing their usual thing. Scoring, good shooting, good rebounding. Other things that pop out is Jenkins' play. He didn't score much but he's filling up the stat sheet with assists, steals, and rebounds. Everything in less than 20 minutes. Another thing you might notice is Biedrin's statline. Its filled with zeros except his personal fouls. He managed to get 4 of those in 11 minutes! That guy needs jesus. Only a miracle is going to turn his NBA career around.

:mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm
Don't know how I missed it but Carl Landry had a good outing too. This guy is going to be huge for us if he can average 12 and 5 or something like that off the bench. It'll be great if he can crash the offensive boards for us too. It's been a long time since we've been able to get 2nd chance points.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm
I found a live stream by looking for the lakers live stream on google. They always show the lakers. Not sure if I will be as lucky today with the Jazz game.
One thing I saw yesterday that doesn't show up on the stat sheet is how active and swarming the defense was. In the third half, Lakers bench unit couldn't score... which is because of 2 reasons:
1) lakers bench suck
2) our defense didn't let up.

There were several mistakes, but they played hard. By the time the season starts we should be a better squad.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 am
Box score for the Utah game:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400400473

Once again, Lee and Landry are making the power forward look like Golden State's sexy position. Also an extremey solid showing from Festus Ezeli, who left the game with 4 swats and only 1 whiste, along with 7 boards and 2-for-2 shooting, both dunks coming off assists from Curry.

Speaking of Steph, it looks like they're protecting him early on, but 6 dimes in only 1 quarter of play (including 4 in the first 4 minutes) are pure wizardry. I put absoltely no stock in preseason, but for what its worth, I like the make-up of this team so far. Physical, tough, defensive-minded. Young and dangerous. And while Harrison Barnes may have escaped the game with a -17 in the plus-minus column, he's flashing a post game that I LOVE to see out of a small foward.

Can't wait for the season opener!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 pm
Read the recap and yea, Curry is being slowly brought in, but it did also say he was icing his ankle, so I hope nothing still seriously wrong there.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 am
I'm sure that Curry icing his ankle is just a preventative measure to ensure that it doesn't swell.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:48 am
Yea, it's still early, but that ankle has to pass real tests in the first month and I'm all for seeking to trade the guy during the season, like if the coaching staff and FO see that the ankle is failing again, IF and only IF a good trade is available, like for Ty Lawson or a Curry and AB or RJ for Rondo swap and that's just on talent and production, Rondo's attitude has been said more than once to be harsh towards team mates at times.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 am
Migs, my man, I'm a lot less worried about the ankle than you are.

He's been fully cleared to play, they're doing the right thing bringing him along slowly, they're gonna most likely increase his minutes slowly over the preseason and keep him out of double-headers (both, to be sensitive to the ankle AND to get him back into game shape). I have no interest in trading Curry.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm
Trash game tonight..rest the starters for the majority of the game please!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 am
Ezeli is the real deal. Amazing game from him last night...he's definitely ready. Even his offensive game doesn't look bad, though, that is a lot because of Steph and his fantastic passing abilities. Finally he looks like a true PG, great shooter, he can score around 15 PPG, which would be great, if he keeps dishing close to 10 assists per game.

Landry did a great job replacing Lee. And along with Rush and Jack, they could be brilliant players coming off the bench. Both Jack and Rush had good games, though Jack missed a lot, along with Klay. And the reason I'm definitely for Rush coming off the bench is Harrison. Guy is looking great, every game he is getting better and better, and he's doing it in big strides. Future All-Star for sure.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 am
Only the real games count and until then, all of the players have everything to prove. This current team has high hopes and have to show it all starting this season.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:08 am
Preseason + David Lee = Beast!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball