Do you think Ezili can be equal to last years Kwame Brown?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am
Thanks for the "welcome backs" 32 and Migya! I just can't stay away from discussing Warriors ball. I know we'll have more great discussions.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 pm
Based off of the preseason game Ezili will be better then Kwame. He is more mobile, more active and seems to be more determined then Kwame ever was.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Based off of the preseason game Ezili will be better then Kwame. He is more mobile, more active and seems to be more determined then Kwame ever was.

Awesome!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Based off of the preseason game Ezili will be better then Kwame. He is more mobile, more active and seems to be more determined then Kwame ever was.

True... But, again, in terms of Kwame vs Udoh, I must persist: Ezeli left yesterday's game with only 1 block in 20ish minutes and Nash gave him his first highlight clip by bouncing the ball through his legs. I like him too, Hoops Fan... I'm just saying, he won't be among the league leaders in BP40, like Udoh or Turiaf. He'll be a big, wide, solid-framed defender of the rim... In the mold of Kwame and/or Adonal Foyle.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 am
And last night Ezeli had 4 block against the Jazz. Give it time, 32. He is a great defender, but don't forget he needs some time to learn, cause he didn't play a lot of basketball, but he seems like a quick learner.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 am
canter was having his way but jackson said it was probably fatigue
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 am
Guybrush wrote:And last night Ezeli had 4 block against the Jazz. Give it time, 32. He is a great defender, but don't forget he needs some time to learn, cause he didn't play a lot of basketball, but he seems like a quick learner.

Alright, bro. I'll admit, I'm not as keen on Ezeli as I am with the majority of the roster; I only know what I've seen out of him in preseason and summer league. And while I readily admit, he's an asset on defense, I'll need a bit more convincing to be able to label him an elite shot-blocker. Jim Barnett couldn't stop saying how smart of a guy Ezeli is when it comes to playing this game. Good bball IQ's almost always lead to impressive numbers.

Another interesting stat, last night during the game, Tim Roye announces: "Aaaand, apparently I'm being told, that is the first ever three-secounds call for a man named 'Festus' in Warrior history!" AAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm
I think surely the team can either attract as a FA or trade for a good Center that would be a great backup over the next two offseasons. That's if Ezeli needs alot of time to improve and can't contribute well straight away.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 pm
migya wrote:I think surely the team can either attract as a FA or trade for a good Center that would be a great backup over the next two offseasons. That's if Ezeli needs alot of time to improve and can't contribute well straight away.

So far so good for Ezeli but he'll need lots of time to develop. If only we could do some sort of magic act and make Biedrins disappear and sign the Birdman in his place. Then our 2nd unit would look much nastier in defence. Oh well, I'm very happy with the team we've got for this season(except for Biedrins)
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 am
Ringo wrote:
migya wrote:I think surely the team can either attract as a FA or trade for a good Center that would be a great backup over the next two offseasons. That's if Ezeli needs alot of time to improve and can't contribute well straight away.

So far so good for Ezeli but he'll need lots of time to develop. If only we could do some sort of magic act and make Biedrins disappear and sign the Birdman in his place. Then our 2nd unit would look much nastier in defence. Oh well, I'm very happy with the team we've got for this season(except for Biedrins)

That magic is called amnesty clause...if only Warriors didn't waste theirs on Bell. #-o
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:40 am
Ringo wrote:

CAnderson is alright, but not really a Center, though he'd fit well in short minutes as backup there as well as be a defending PF backup and he is available now, so maybe letting go of a player now or trading two players for one from now to the trade deadline could be had. Other players I was thinking of are Humphries of Nets, Maxiell of Detroit, Przybilla of Indiana, Haywood of Charlotte, Speights of Grizz, RLopez of NO if they don't take the option, Blair of Spur, Gibson of Chicago, even Varejao in some three years if he is gettable for rather cheap.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:20 am
Guybrush wrote:
Ringo wrote:

That magic is called amnesty clause...if only Warriors didn't waste theirs on Bell. #-o

Heyyyy, it's not like the whole fan base was clamoring for them to use it on Biedrins at the time!

... Oh wait. 8-[

:banghead:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 pm
32 wrote:He'll be a big, wide, solid-framed defender of the rim... In the mold of Kwame and/or Adonal Foyle.

Did someone mention Adonal Foyle!? Adonal's The Man! Ezeli wears Adonal's number, #31.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:24 pm
Very true, Josh... although, from where I'm sitting, Ezeli already has more offensive game than Adonal ever had. Don't get me wrong; Foyle could knock down the baby hook with regularity, but Festus is showing us a back-to-the-basket starter kit in preseason ball. His chemistry with Curry early in yesterday's game was particularly intruiging.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 pm
Ringo wrote:

but then again, if biedrins is our worst player that is a good problem. In years past we felt that we needed him.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball