Game Thread: Warriors @ Sacramento Kings 2006-02-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make a trade by the deadline (Feb 23)?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes : 18

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:26 am
Problem is, who's available that can make an impact?, K-Mart?, Francis?, I can't see a trade coming.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:41 am
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:frickin pathetic, getting our asses handed to us by the Sacramento Queens. We look like a high school team... please make room on the Fire Montgomery bandwagon...

It's a very big wagon! Plenty of space! Good to see another 20,000 join it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:44 am
TMC wrote:Problem is, who's available that can make an impact?, K-Mart?, Francis?, I can't see a trade coming.

That's right - This team will not change and will have to step as they are

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 am
TMC wrote:Problem is, who's available that can make an impact?, K-Mart?, Francis?, I can't see a trade coming.

That is the key the Warriors been missing every year. We have good players that can be all-stars, but no all stars themselves. We have no impact player that can make his team mates better and instill unquestioned confidence in the fans like the way Lebron does for Cleveland, Kobe for LA, Nash for Phoenix, Timmy for SA, Kidd does for Nj, etc etc. I really haven't felt good about this team since they drafted Webber. Maybe it came back when BD came down, but since hes injured, I'm not sure anymore.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:11 pm
tkono wrote:That is the key the Warriors been missing every year. We have good players that can be all-stars, but no all stars themselves. We have no impact player that can make his team mates better and instill unquestioned confidence in the fans like the way Lebron does for Cleveland, Kobe for LA, Nash for Phoenix, Timmy for SA, Kidd does for Nj, etc etc. I really haven't felt good about this team since they drafted Webber. Maybe it came back when BD came down, but since hes injured, I'm not sure anymore.

I agree. The overall roster is pretty good (somewhat unbalanced, tho), but we lack that star. Baron was supposed to be the one, but so far it's not working.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:02 pm

If not KG, Pierce, or Bosh, I'd go for Jamaal MacGloire, a solid and once All Star center. I’d offer Foyle, Dunleavy (or even Fisher) and a First Rounder (or thereabouts).

New lineup: Davis (PG), Richardson (SG), Pietrus (SF), Murphy (PF), Magloire (C).

Here’s part of the trade link:
“Jamaal Magloire: $8,300,000, 1 year (through the 06-07 season).
Overall difficulty of deal: 6. (out of 10)
“The Bucks don’t really want to part with Magloire, especially since they invested quite a bit in him, and he has one more year left on his deal. But the Warriors need to acquire a big man who can play, and Magloire can score, rebound, and catch a Baron Davis pass unlike a certain starting center that Golden State employs. With Magloire, the Warriors would be reuniting two former Hornets in Davis and Magloire — and Jamaal is a big fan of Baron. “He’s able to make everybody feel their worth,” Magloire once said of Davis. “I know that from experience. Baron’s a good fit anywhere he goes.”

Oh, and fire Monty now to get us a head start for next season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:39 pm
trade jrich and pick/prospect for ray allen.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:50 am
CjR wrote:If not KG, Pierce, or Bosh, I'd go for Jamaal MacGloire, a solid and once All Star center. I’d offer Foyle, Dunleavy (or even Fisher) and a First Rounder (or thereabouts).

Magloire probably will be moved, but not til the offseason. And, most certainly, not for our scrubs...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:28 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:trade jrich and pick/prospect for ray allen.

I'd rather JRich over Allen right now!

Allen and Lewis for JRich, dun and Foyle or Taft would be more like it.

Rather keep the team as is though

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:46 pm
I would have to agree... Suffer for another season, and wait til next year. I say this because, Pistons (core group has been together for awhile) I'm not saying we are the pistons but in the long run, having the same players might benefit us, if we continue to improve. We had a great start this year, and expectation was high. I think we be good.... I also think Mario Elie is stepping end by the end of the year...
Previous

Return to Game Threads