Do you think Ezili can be equal to last years Kwame Brown?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 am
The Warriors were winning last year when they had Kwame Brown. Then he tore his pectoral muscle and was out for the whole season. That was extremely unfortunate. But by looking at Ezilis highlights, he looks pretty big himself. Im wondering if he could provide a similar type of presence as that of Kwame's. If so, that would be a really good back up to have for Bogut and we wouldn't have to solely rely on Biedrins. I'm not to sold on Jeremy Tyler yet. The guy is athletic but he doesn't look too big to me, looked pretty small out there last year, at least smaller than his listed height.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 am
I cant say yet... we can hope. Ezili will be treated with a lot of patience. I dont see him getting more than 10 minutes a game for the first season, unless bogut gets hurt. I was high on Ezili during the draft, and glad we got him, so I am hoping we develop him into a solid role player for several years.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 pm
Kwame has been in the look for a long time and that kind of experience in invaluable at any position in the NBA. Let's just hope he does well without any high expectations. TBH i would not be surprised if Biedrins is the 1st one off the bench for Bogut. Just because he's been around longer. A lot of people always overlook veteranship.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am
With Bogut in tow, we really don't need Ezeli to be a Kwame Brown type of reserve. Kwame was useful to slow down (not stop) opposing bigs, but his true value came in his ability to spot-start and play heavy minutes. He wasn't an eye-sore at backup center; which we'd missed since the Dampier-Foyle days. But as Bogut will likely play 30 minutes a night, with Lee sucking up center minutes next to Landry, I doubt Ezeli and/or Biedrins become a real factor til our first injury.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 am
I can see Bogut getting 38mins a game, Lee as well. The backups won't get much, MJackson will want to win and keep his job. Ezeli just needs to take to his strengths when he is on the court and improve month per month. If he can add offense, he'll be an nba player for ten years at least.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm
38 is a LOT for a center. Bogut's career-high is 35 MPG in 2011, but his career average is only 30 MPG. Coming back after a season lost to surgery, I'd expect Bogey to get something more along the lines of 32 minutes a night. Especially with Carl Landry able to play around 20 per night and Lee able to slide up to the 5 for short spurts. And even at that rate, Ezeli is looking at less than 10 minutes of tick per night.

To me, it's more important that Bogut gets to 70 GP than 38 MPG. If less minutes per night means more games in his season, that's a great trade-off. Especially if we want him to be fresh come playoff time.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm
I wonder if ezili can be compared to udoh
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm
Stairway Man wrote:I wonder if ezili can be compared to udoh

Me and GSW Hoops Fan discussed that a couple months back:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10143&start=28

I don't see him as a Udoh type; I see a lot more Kwame Brown in him. But I'd love to be wrong.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 am
Kwame was a better rebounder, and he was better offensively than Udoh. That's why I think that Ezeli is closer to Udoh, than he is to Kwame. I'm expecting the same thing from him, as we were getting from Udoh, to play good defense, and block shots...and, with time, to develop some offensive moves.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am
I think Ezeli is going to surprise some folks and get some good back-up minutes this season. I don't see Bogut getting more than 32 minutes a night, especially at the beginning of the season, since he's not totally healthy yet. I'm thinking Ezeli will be close to 15 minutes a game. If Bogut is not ready by game one, I predict Ezeli starting at center. He's the one that Biedrins has to beat out for back-up center minutes.

It's crazy, but there's only so many minutes to be had and we have multiple BIG players this year (Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Landry, Biedrins, Tyler). Listen to that... The Warriors have BIG players! Sounds weird!
Last edited by Josh Jamison on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:It's crazy, but there's only so many minutes to be had and we have multiple BIG players this year (Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Landry, Biedrins, Tyler). Listen to that... The Warriors have BIG players! Sounds weird!

They had big players before, but it didn't work out. Dan Gazuric, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph, Brandon Wright.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 am
Stairway Man wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:It's crazy, but there's only so many minutes to be had and we have multiple BIG players this year (Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Landry, Biedrins, Tyler). Listen to that... The Warriors have BIG players! Sounds weird!

They had big players before, but it didn't work out. Dan Gazuric, Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph, Brandon Wright.

Uhh... You're not comparing those bigs to our current ones are you? I'd say the five (including Biedrins) you just mentioned are not big at all compared to what we have now... I'm talking about BIG players, not just tall players.

Bogut (7'0", 260 lbs), Lee (6'9", 240 lbs), Ezeli (6'11", 255 lbs), Landry (6'9", 248 lbs), Biedrins (7'0", 242 lbs), Tyler (6'10', 260 lbs).

Vs.

Gadzuric (6'11", 240 lbs), Turiaf (6'10", 249 lbs), Randolph (6'11", 225 lbs), Wright (6'10", 210 lbs).

The current bigs out mussel any bigs we've had for a long time, plus their skill set is way better.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:41 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
Uhh... You're not comparing those bigs to our current ones are you? I'd say the five (including Biedrins) you just mentioned are not big at all compared to what we have now... I'm talking about BIG players, not just tall players.

Bogut (7'0", 260 lbs), Lee (6'9", 240 lbs), Ezeli (6'11", 255 lbs), Landry (6'9", 248 lbs), Biedrins (7'0", 242 lbs), Tyler (6'10', 260 lbs).

Vs.

Gadzuric (6'11", 240 lbs), Turiaf (6'10", 249 lbs), Randolph (6'11", 225 lbs), Wright (6'10", 210 lbs).

The current bigs out mussel any bigs we've had for a long time, plus their skill set is way better.

Valid point JJ when discussing the Frames and not just the hieght.

I like the fact we have some 4's and 5's that can clog up the paint. Will help our defense 10fold for that simple fact.

I was getting sick and tired of us drafting the Brandon Wrights/Anthony Randolphs of the world and warriors fans saying "Just wait til this kid gets some meat on that frame, or when he hits the weight room he will be unstoppable"

I truely worried for the warriors when we let Anthony Randolph skip town that he would become the hype... But he got kept on the bench in that pretty shallow and pathetic Timberwolves bench that i'm pretty sure it don't matter how much meat they put on that kid's body.. He prolly won't turn out to be anything more then a contributing role player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:

Vs.

Immediate +1 in the poster credit, Josh - welcome back, btw. :thumbright:

Beat me to it on the response as well... it's pretty sad when a franchise is forced to consider guys like Randolph and Wright as their "big" men. Hell, Randolph outright admitted that he wanted to be a 3 when we drafted him... and I'm pretty sure Wright's wafer-thin frame would weigh about the same as a silver dollar at the Mystery Spot.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 am
Josh Jamison wrote:I think Ezeli is going to surprise some folks and get some good back-up minutes this season. I don't see Bogut getting more than 32 minutes a night, especially at the beginning of the season, since he's not totally healthy yet. I'm thinking Ezeli will be close to 15 minutes a game. If Bogut is not ready by game one, I predict Ezeli starting at center. He's the one that Biedrins has to beat out for back-up center minutes.

It's crazy, but there's only so many minutes to be had and we have multiple BIG players this year (Bogut, Lee, Ezili, Landry, Biedrins, Tyler). Listen to that... The Warriors have BIG players! Sounds weird!

Good to hear from you again Josh.

Definately is a fair few bigs here now, but only Bogut, Lee and Landry really proven, the others are young and unproven (except AB who is a proven loser right now).

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball