1994 Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:59 am
Watched higlights of the 1st round playoff series against Phoenix in 1994, Webber's rookie season, where they got swept, and just amazing how talented that team was. I have the third game in full on dvd, but just watching the other two games, that roster was so offensively talented. Sprewell at PG worked pretty well, with Mullin at SG, Owens at SF, Webber at PF and Gatling at Center. All capable scorers, all fast and skilled.

Really more depressing than anything seeing as how that team didn't stay together for more that that one year.

The current roster resembles that team in the fact that there are many scorers and alot of youth. Though not as offensively talented, the defense looks better with Bogut.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am
The whole Webber- nelly episode was ridiculus. Webber should have never been traded.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 am
That team, on paper, would trounce this year's roster. But I feel like the size of Bogut, Lee, and Ezeli would make up for it. It'd be a toss-up for sure; especially if you remove Hardaway and Mullin for injuries sake. Basketball players as a whole were more talented in the 90's, but as I said, the lack of a starting PG and an absence of size outside of Webber would make a meeting between the two a serious battle.

Contrarily, I'll pick the 2012 roster. You just can't overestimate the value of size.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am
And defense. Bogut made the Bucks so much better defensively and he'll likely do that here. Offense and defense beat offense alone.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 am
I went to Game 3 that year went Barkley went nuts in the first quarter. Nellie refused to double team him and he just abused Bryon Houston, among others. That team had so much potential

Return to Warriors Basketball