Help: The Holy Grail of Warriors crowd dancer vids

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:20 pm
Does anyone remember an extended video from the 1996-1997 season (could have been taken when Warriors were playing in San Jose) of a guy dancing a weird snake-like dance coupled by pelvic thrusts? It was taken during a timeout, where they cut to different people dancing and eventually settled on this guy for the duration because he owned it. The Arena was roaring.

Details:

Skinny guy, dark hair, looked Persian.
Dancing in a suit to http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/get-ready-for-this-orchestral/id328172097?i=328172104
Courtside or thereabouts.
Asian couple next to him cracking up, looking like they were about to have a coronary.

Warriors staff recut the video and played it during timeouts or whenever levity was needed later that season. The guy was actually moved down to the front row and thrown into a Raise The Roof shirt at one point--which was when the whole thing jumped the shark. For me, the original video is the holy grail of GSW promos and it's not on YouTube. If you have access or know of the guy in the video, please for the decency of all that's GSW, share.

That's all. If you remember this video, please comment so I know I'm not losing my mind.

Nute Plan
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm
LMAO. Totally remember it. I remember the dude had really long arms. Don't know where you would find the video.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:17 pm
I remember somebody posted a video on this website of one of my best friends in a "Beat LA" shirt going DUMB to some music .. had the whole crowd laughing.

Return to Warriors Basketball