How's Andrew Bogut's Rehab going?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm
About a month ago I saw his interview. I haven't heard any updates lately though. Anyone heard anything?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 am
Nothing has changed in terms of his rehab. He is slated to be 100% by season's start but will probably hold himself back for preseason. He arrived in LA a week or two ago to see the doctor and now he's in the bay area at the team facility.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:09 pm
I've caught a couple tweets from him (on this page)..sounds like everything is going to plan and there have been no set-backs. He's supposed to be 100% by the game opener.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:55 am
ESPN insider

Andrew Bogut's recovery from left ankle surgery is going well and Thursday he told Tim Kawakkami of the San Jose Mercury News that he completed his second day of jumping and layup drills.

Bogut also reiterated that he likely won't be available until the last two games of the preseason.

"The organization and [GM] Bob [Myers] and everybody have stressed, when you come back, make sure you're back. Don't come back and then miss five games and then come back and then miss five games and then come back. Come back and go guns a-blazin' and that's the plan," said Bogut. "I still think I'm on target for the 31st, that's opening night, which has been my goal from the start. But I definitely would like to get a game or two in, somewhere around late-October. If I get those two in, it'd be a definite help."

Bogut says one positive from the ankle surgery is the extra time his right elbow has been given to heal from the terrible fall in 2010.

It has definitely, it's a blessing in disguise in a way, if you look at it, try to find a positive out of it the elbow gets more rest. But like I said, I've been shooting since I had the boot on. Doing touch stuff even if I couldn't bend my knees, I was doing touch stuff."

Bogut says he may have started shooting the ball with his left-hand had the elbow not healed properly.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:17 pm
The SJ Merc article 8th Ave posted from said everything was going well and that he was shooting for the opener, but he still seems a long way from being 100% based on what he has been cleared to do so far. I would be a bit surprised if he plays in the opener but I think we'll see him sometime in November barring any setbacks. I hope I am wrong and it's earlier.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 am
hobbes wrote:The SJ Merc article 8th Ave posted from said everything was going well and that he was shooting for the opener, but he still seems a long way from being 100% based on what he has been cleared to do so far. I would be a bit surprised if he plays in the opener but I think we'll see him sometime in November barring any setbacks. I hope I am wrong and it's earlier.

+1

I mentioned early in the summer that Bogut had an aloof, removed, casual tonality about him when addressing his injury. It worried me, but I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. But this close to the season (aka, a month away)? All he keeps saying is "it's going according to plan", but he doesn't expand on what that plan is.

If he's only begun to start exploding off that ankle for 20 to 30 times a day... than Jeff is right, he sounds like he's more on pace for a late November or mid December return.

But, on the bright side, apparently his "incurable elbow" is cured. And he seems to love having a solid 4 like DLee to back him up. We're talking about 2 guys who have never had any sort of help from the other post in their NBA careers. They'll be fun to watch together.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:34 am
I think he'll start doing more full drills, leading to full training with the rest of the team within three weeks. If the team wants to make the playoffs, Bogut can't miss much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 am
That may be true... But after the Stephan Curry debacle, they won't let him come back too soon. If Bogut's not ready, he's not ready. And judging by him claiming he only just started exploding off that foot a month and a half before the season, I'd say it's fair to be skeptical as to his readiness.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 am
Im concerned about the health of Bogut. He said he can't play a 30 minute game this week, next week, and probably the week after. But he thinks the next week he will. That concerns me because it takes a long time to get into real basketball shape, especially when you haven't played in so many months. So I'm concerned about that ankle.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm
Kawakami's update on Bogut:

* Andrew Bogut looked quite spry doing about 45 minutes of individual work after practice, including some of the first dunking since he broke his ankle last season.

He ended one running drill by dunking twice one-handed and then throwing down a two-handed reverse slam at the conclusion. I note this because I asked him a couple weeks ago if he’d started dunking yet and he said that the explosive work was yet to come.

Well, it’s here, and Bogut seemed fine doing it. Afterwards, he said he wanted me to keep the dunks quiet, but oops, I’d already Tweeted out the info, so oops. And now I’ve put it in a blog headline.

Summary: Bogut looked a lot closer to full action than I expected this early in the preseason. Obviously there could be setbacks at any time and the Warriors are going to be cautious, cautious, cautious–which might keep him away from 5 on 5 action for quite some time.

But if you plotted out a track that would get Bogut ready for the Oct. 31 opener, I’d say today was a good indication that he’s on it. So far.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:57 pm
So far so good. Thanks for the update 8th.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am
Kawakami... With good news???... the seventh sign of the apololypse!

In all seriousness, that helps ease a lot of the stress I had about Bogut coming back mid-season. Great update, 8th.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:58 am
32 wrote:Kawakami... With good news???... the seventh sign of the apololypse!

In all seriousness, that helps ease a lot of the stress I had about Bogut coming back mid-season. Great update, 8th.

I can never tell what Kawakami is thinking. Whether he is playing devil's advocate or if he's just always against us.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 am
Bogut likely won't be at 100% until week three of the season, but that's alright, because his defense doesn't really rely too much on explosiveness as much as it does smarts.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:14 pm
Stairway Man wrote:
32 wrote:Kawakami... With good news???... the seventh sign of the apololypse!

I can never tell what Kawakami is thinking. Whether he is playing devil's advocate or if he's just always against us.

He's always against us.

As a selfish sports fan, you want everything to go right for your team. As a selfish sports journalist, things are much easier to write - and, thus, easier to sell and market - when there's a surplus of chaos. Kawakami is in the business of stirring up sh*t. Even when the entire Bay Area was simultaneously celebrating the return of Don Nelson as head coach - a move that immediately payed playoff-dividends - Kawakami was writing an article about how Nelson detroyed the team the first time around and rehiring him screamed of desperation. He was the only guy that made a huge stink about the Warriors signing Chris Webber on his last leg. He was a total Baron Davis hater when we had him; loved to talk about how he'd quit on his teams, how injury-prone he was, how selfish of a ball player he was... and then, as soon, as Davis left, Kawakami ROASTED Mullin and company for letting him leave. He's a complete and total glutton for punishment because it makes his job easier to perform. FoxNews brings in over a billion dollars per year selling the same stuff. Chaos, disarray, panic, hoping for the worst... it all pays off in the news industry these days.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball