10 Greatest Teams in nba history

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 am
Since there has been much inactivity on the forum lately, I thought I'd come up with more interactive thread topics to get us hanging out and talking nba.

There have been many great teams in nba history so let's come up with a top ten alltime greatest list. I'll start and we can come to a consensus at the end. The only must is that each team won the championship that season.

10. Milwaukee Bucks 1970-71 - This team was lead by alltime top ten players Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor back then). Record of 66-16 and only lost two games in the playoffs, beating the Baltimore Bullets 4-0 to win the championship.

9. Philadelphia 76ers 1966-67 - This team was led by top ten player alltime Wilt Chamberlain and had a record of 68-13. In a close series, they defeated our San Francisco Warriors 4-2 to win the championship.

8. LA Lakers 1971-72 - This team was led by Chamberlain, Baylor (though he retired before the season ended) and West. Record of 69-13 (The best ever and only surpassed twenty four years later) and a still nba record of 33 straight wins. They beat the Kicks 4-1, after losing the first game, to win the championship.

7. Philadelphia 76ers 1982-83 - This team was led by Moses Malone and Julius Erving. Record of 65-17 and they swept the Lakers in the finals to win the championship, after only losing one game all playoffs, still the best playoff record for fewest losses, though since tied.

6. Boston Celtics 1985-86 - This team was led by top ten alltime player Larry Bird and had a record of 67-15. They beat Houston, with Twin Towers Ralph Sampson and Olajuwon, 4-2 to win the championship.

5. LA Lakers 1986-87 - This team was led by top ten alltime players Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Record of 65-17 and beat Boston 4-2 to win the championship.

4. Chicago Bulls 1991-92 - This team was led by greatest player of alltime Michael Jordan and had a record of 67-15. The beat Portland 4-2 to win their second straight championship of their first threepeat.

3. LA Lakers 1999-2000 - This team was lead by top ten players alltime Shaquille O'neal and Kobe Bryant, as well as greatest coach ever Phil Jackson, the coach of the four greatest seasons ever. Record of 67-15 and beat Indiana 4-2 to win their first championship of their threepeat.

2. Chicago Bulls 1996-97 - The greatest team ever was slightly less than they were the season before, with a record of 69-13, and that was good enough to be better than any other team ever, except themselves the year previous. Led again by the greatest player and coach ever, Jordan and Phil Jackson. They beat Utah 4-2 to win the second championship of their second threepeat.

1. Chicago Bulls 1995-96 - The greatest team ever was lead again by the greatest player ever Michael Jordan and the greatest coach ever Phil Jackson. The best record ever 72-10. They beat Seattle 4-2 to win their fourth championship and first championship of their second threepeat over eight years. Simply the best and likely never will be outdone.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:19 am
Maybe not then! Not even one f'in comment!

I'll try a Legends Draft then, see if you uninteractive bastards budge any.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:01 am
Well, there isn't a lot to pick from, when you said that teams mentioned here need to have at least one championship. It's pretty much as you stated it, not many variations to that.

I would add Jazz and Supersonics, because I believe that they would be amazing if they played in some other time. Maybe even then if they had more luck. Or Magic with Penny and Shaq...but things never really worked in their favor.

Return to Warriors Basketball