Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm
32 wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:The Niggets lol ... Im not even gonna edit that **** hahaha.

5th grade humor lets learn to grow up a bit why dont we.

It was a typo, no need to be a cunty lil biatch.

Pretty sure he's black... Even though that doesn't make any difference. Racial humor in light-hearted jest is one thing, but an empty chuckle at a derogatory slur can offend people that can't tell your tonality through their digital screen. You're better than that, Beast. A guy with your level of intelligence doesn't need to be insensitive.

I'm half black so what's the point? It's 2012, stop acting like a female. It's all about intent. Noone was harmed by the Niggets typo. Get over yourselves.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:31 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:The Niggets lol ... Im not even gonna edit that **** hahaha.

5th grade humor lets learn to grow up a bit why dont we.

You must be the life of the party.

Not.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:38 pm
not a big deal, guys.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 am
8th ave wrote:not a big deal, guys.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:02 am
OK, guys, just cheer up...let's not make something out of nothing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 am
I was not trying to make a big deal out of it, its just my reaction and yes I am black, am not sure the race of the others that say "oh its not a big deal" its not, but its also not necessary. Am not here trying to lecture anyone about about race matters on a basketball forum. 32 put it well enough and that's that. Dave Chappell is funny, this is just out of place.

Beasts reaction is oh am half black, stop acting like a "lil biatch" blah blah, I don't mind profanity and understand some people just behave a certain way but if ish don't sit well with me I damn sure will voice my opinion about it.

Am done with it, I was actually enjoyed reading the input about on this thread, I think the Warriors do make the playoffs if healthy, they will be competitive

1. Oklahoma City
2. LA Lakers
3. San Antonio
4. LA Clippers
5. Denver
6. Memphis
7. Golden State
8. Dallas
Minnesota
Utah

The west got better, OKC is young and got better due to experience, Lakers added Dhoward, other teams got better with experince and we also got better, if we don't make playoffs it will be a major disappointment.

What we lack is that hard nose defensive mentality, some of our starting 5 are considered soft as far as NBA is concerned, with Bogut anchoring the middle we should be OK i hope.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am
My problem with the team is that Bogut looks like the only player that plays proper defense. Rush can play some defense and maybe Jack and Ezeli can as well, but that's it it looks like and that's quite bad. Bogut can and will have to be a big difference maker defensively for the team to be good and that's not something I wanted by itself. I wanted at least two or three very good defenders in the starting five, that's why I wanted Iguodala or GWallace, as both are very good defenders at SF. Barnes has to pick up the defense quick or the team will be lacking.

Defense makes the difference between a possible playoff team and possible championship contender. It will be interesting how the team performs next season.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 am
migya wrote:My problem with the team is that Bogut looks like the only player that plays proper defense. Rush can play some defense and maybe Jack and Ezeli can as well, but that's it it looks like and that's quite bad. Bogut can and will have to be a big difference maker defensively for the team to be good and that's not something I wanted by itself. I wanted at least two or three very good defenders in the starting five, that's why I wanted Iguodala or GWallace, as both are very good defenders at SF. Barnes has to pick up the defense quick or the team will be lacking.

Defense makes the difference between a possible playoff team and possible championship contender. It will be interesting how the team performs next season.

In bogut we trust if he can anchor the defense, which he will/has to, but to what extent ? Thompson, Curry, Lee are not known for their defensive talents. This will be a trending topic when the season starts as well as the health of Bogut/Curry the 2 most important pieces of the team.

We will beat teams we need to beat this year, hanging with the top tier teams is what will separate us from the rest, whether we are fighting for the last playoff spot or in the 4th,5th,6th position. The Griz are doing it, a team that does not excite me one bit, we should be right there with them or better.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:48 pm
Anyone else seeing the potential for the Lakers to be a walking time bomb? Two (three All-Stars) of the biggest personality players in the game playing together and demanding the ball..could be great or could be a lot worse than what we all think.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 pm
migya wrote:My problem with the team is that Bogut looks like the only player that plays proper defense. Rush can play some defense and maybe Jack and Ezeli can as well, but that's it it looks like and that's quite bad. Bogut can and will have to be a big difference maker defensively for the team to be good and that's not something I wanted by itself. I wanted at least two or three very good defenders in the starting five, that's why I wanted Iguodala or GWallace, as both are very good defenders at SF. Barnes has to pick up the defense quick or the team will be lacking.

Yeah defense will be one of the biggest things. I think we'll be a lot better than last year... defensive upgrade at SG, major upgrade at C. The way Bogut's presence will impact the other players can be nothing but positive. Watching Lee last yr, I think he wasn't a horrid defender, he had some good moments and was closer to average than before. He'll benefit the most from Bogut. Klay Thompson is underrated defender imo. Instincts are there for sure...at worst, I see him as avg. Curry is bad but at least it won't be the double trouble no-defense of he and Ellis. Barnes I'm hoping can step up and be 'that guy' we need who brings it on defense and can also be a slasher-type. We'll see if he has that in his game. I see the Warriors as a team who will need to play good team defense, and having Bogut will give them a rim protector. I think they will be a middle of the road team defensively and above avg. offensively. Hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs. I think they'll come out with a different defensive mentality as before - because they got mean ol Bogut in the middle and actually have more of the personnel and enough to size to matchup. So Mark Jackson now has something to work with where as before he was trying to squeeze a square roster into a circle.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Anyone else seeing the potential for the Lakers to be a walking time bomb? Two (three All-Stars) of the biggest personality players in the game playing together and demanding the ball..could be great or could be a lot worse than what we all think.

Hope so haha. Cuz that's the only way they'll lose if they beat themselves imo. I see them breezing to 60+ wins maybe 70? That team is scary.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 pm
rockyBeli wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:Anyone else seeing the potential for the Lakers to be a walking time bomb? Two (three All-Stars) of the biggest personality players in the game playing together and demanding the ball..could be great or could be a lot worse than what we all think.

Hope so haha. Cuz that's the only way they'll lose if they beat themselves imo. I see them breezing to 60+ wins maybe 70? That team is scary.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning more towards them dominating..but a guy can always dream :-o
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:35 pm
rockyBeli wrote:

I'll say that the Lakers, if mostly all healthy, will win 70 games.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am
migya wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:

I'll say that the Lakers, if mostly all healthy, will win 70 games.

I agree on the Lakers winning 70 if they stay healthy. Unless, they rest Nash, Howard, Kobe a lot late in the year. Nash and Kobe are old, and it will be interesting to see how DH's creaky back holds up this year.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball