Playoffs or Bust

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 pm
Andreas, welcome to the board! Nice first post.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:33 pm
Name by name we are closely matched to the Niggets but look at it from a TEAM perspective. Who on our team is a slasher? Noone. Maybe CJ and he's the 3rd guard off the bench.

The Nuggets are a more COMPLETE team.

And jarrett jack isn't close to Andre miller.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:33 pm
The Niggets lol ... Im not even gonna edit that **** hahaha.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:42 pm
Beast Mode wrote:The Niggets lol ... Im not even gonna edit that **** hahaha.

LOL..I was gonna ask if that was a typo! Funny ****.

+1
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 pm
Look at us talking about playoffs. We've come a long way, fellas.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Name by name we are closely matched to the Niggets but look at it from a TEAM perspective. Who on our team is a slasher? Noone. Maybe CJ and he's the 3rd guard off the bench.

The Nuggets are a more COMPLETE team.

And jarrett jack isn't close to Andre miller.

Who on Denver can finish a pick and roll play? Who has a back to the basket game? Denver is better coached, but I wouldn't say they are more "compete" than the Warriors.

And I was being conservative giving Miller a "=" with Jack. Miller was a 10 and 7 backup player last season, Jack was 16 and 6 as a starter. Miller is going into his 15th year, Jack is headed into his 9th fully in his prime. I'd take either as my backup 1, but I don't agree with your statement that they "aren't close".

AndreasRiis wrote:Benchwise, once again, very equal. Jack and Miller is pretty much the same talentwise and the same goes for Brewer and Rush. Chandler is clearly better than Jefferson (the only point where i truly disagree with you, 32),

Ehhhhh.... Rush is head and shoulders superior to Brewer. Brewer has the potential to be a gifted defender, but is oft injured and has yet to establish an offensive niche. I was comparing Rush to Chandler because they're both the first wing players to come off the bench... And RJ - while not what he once was - is still a better bench player than Brewer.

Welcome to the board, btw!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 pm

5th grade humor lets learn to grow up a bit why dont we.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 am
Personally, I see the West standings ending like this -

1. OKC
2. Lakers
3. Spurs
4. Grizz
5. Clips
6. Nugs
7. Warriors
8. Jazz
9. TWolves
10. Mavs
11. Suns
12. Hornets
13. Kings
14. Blazers
15. Rockets

Jazz are still a very good team and should be better with Mo Williams instead of Devin Harris. Their bigs are just too superior for them to not make the playoffs. I think it will be very close between 7th (us) to 11th, as those teams are all capable of putting it together, gelling well and winning more than first expected. I think the Suns could really be quite good and even scrape in for the playoffs. Rockets look awful and had one of the worst offseasons I can remember.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 am
Yeah Migya, looks about right to me. Although I'd swap the Blazers with the Hornets. The Hornets and Rockets will both be awful this season as you'd expect with 2 teams rebuilding with a bunch of rookies.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:38 am
Hornets have kept Gordon, added RAnderson from Orlando (MIP), Hakim Warrick and RLopez and drafted Austin Rivers and Anthony Davis, who add more than Ariza and Okafor did, for much less money ofcourse. Both rookies will impact straight away, Davis very well defensively. They've improved NO and could even be close to a playoff spot.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 am
32 wrote:
AndreasRiis wrote:Benchwise, once again, very equal. Jack and Miller is pretty much the same talentwise and the same goes for Brewer and Rush. Chandler is clearly better than Jefferson (the only point where i truly disagree with you, 32),

Ehhhhh.... Rush is head and shoulders superior to Brewer. Brewer has the potential to be a gifted defender, but is oft injured and has yet to establish an offensive niche. I was comparing Rush to Chandler because they're both the first wing players to come off the bench... And RJ - while not what he once was - is still a better bench player than Brewer.

Hmm, ok, I'll give you that Rush is a slightly better player than Brewer overall. I think why I like Brewer is because he is the essence of a good team player: He can guard various spot with pretty good succes, a formidable finisher in the break and can spot up for a corner 3. A real energy guy who all teams wan't to come off the bench. On the other hand, if you give me the choice to pick either Brewer and Chander or Jefferson and Rush, i would take Chandler and Brewer over RJ and Rush anyday to come off the bench. They can provide a lot of energy when the starting guys need rest. I think our starting 5 have the edge over Denver's, but I would hands down prefer to have Miller, Brewer, Chandler and Mozgow coming of the bench instead of Jack, Rush, Jefferson and Landry who definetely are very decent, but to me, not as good as Denver's.. and because I don't know where else to ask, who do you guys think will be our backup C? I hope for Ezeli. Not because I really like his game, but he is young and seems to have potential.. and off course, mostly because I don't wan't to see Biedrens anymore. I really dislike that guy.

And thanks, by the way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 am
AndreasRiis wrote:
32 wrote:

Hmm, ok, I'll give you that Rush is a slightly better player than Brewer overall. I think why I like Brewer is because he is the essence of a good team player: He can guard various spot with pretty good succes, a formidable finisher in the break and can spot up for a corner 3. A real energy guy who all teams wan't to come off the bench. On the other hand, if you give me the choice to pick either Brewer and Chander or Jefferson and Rush, i would take Chandler and Brewer over RJ and Rush anyday to come off the bench. They can provide a lot of energy when the starting guys need rest. I think our starting 5 have the edge over Denver's, but I would hands down prefer to have Miller, Brewer, Chandler and Mozgow coming of the bench instead of Jack, Rush, Jefferson and Landry who definetely are very decent, but to me, not as good as Denver's.. and because I don't know where else to ask, who do you guys think will be our backup C? I hope for Ezeli. Not because I really like his game, but he is young and seems to have potential.. and off course, mostly because I don't wan't to see Biedrens anymore. I really dislike that guy.

And thanks, by the way.

Andris Biedrins is a curse word around these parts. :wink: Festus Ezeli should be the backup 5 from Day 1.

I think you have a perfect analysis of what Brewer could be, but the frustrating thing for me is that he has ferociously underperformed since being drafted. Dude looked like a savage outta Florida, but is a brick chucker in the pro's and while he pesters smaller, slower opponents with his lanky defense, he can be out-beefed by Jarrett Jack if J tried posting him up. He's a career 30% from beyond the arc, so that corner 3 looks good when it's falling but the numbers show it often doesn't (he was at 26% last year #-o). Outside of his 3rd year in Minnesota, I'd say he's been a monumental disappointment.

No argument with Chandler though. When he's right, he's among the most versatile 3's in the game. And even when he's off, he still finds a way to contribute. Rush, to his credit, is a 6MoY candidate, but becomes near-obsolete when his shot's not dropping.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:58 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:

It was a typo, no need to be a cunty lil biatch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:05 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

It was a typo, no need to be a cunty lil biatch.

Pretty sure he's black... Even though that doesn't make any difference. Racial humor in light-hearted jest is one thing, but an empty chuckle at a derogatory slur can offend people that can't tell your tonality through their digital screen. You're better than that, Beast. A guy with your level of intelligence doesn't need to be insensitive.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm
Come on Guys.

I & U keys are rught next to each other. (sumple typo)

For the record... Ut's the black actor/rapper/durector who has ungrauned the 'N' word deep unto our vocabulary throigh Huphop & Hollywood.. No need to blame Beastmode for a typo of a word that looks like, sounds luke but actially usn't.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball