Dwight to Lakers

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 am
Harkless is thee biggest thing here...if he becomes a great player, they might have done something, but so far it's a question mark. I don't expect a lot from Vucevic.

The thing is, why would they make a room for Bynum, if they didn't want him now? I'm quite positive that Lakers would give them Bynum for Dwight straight up, and then Orlando could have had a whole year to make Bynum stay, and believe that they are looking to be great team again. And they would still be in the PO right away, without missing a beat.

Afflalo might be a top 10 SG, but you gave THE BEST center in the league, don't see how that can even be comparable. You need to get talent for that, not just to clear some space in salary cap.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:49 pm
Grizzlies are a dark horse. I really could see the Grizzlies doing damage.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 am
Blackfoot wrote:Grizzlies are a dark horse. I really could see the Grizzlies doing damage.

Sure that really involves Dwight and the Lakers :wink:

Grizz are good definately.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm
What really grinds my gears is how the Lakers, a perennial playoff team, with what seems to be perennial luck; can
get away with trading the 2ND Best Center in the league, for the BEST Center in the league. AND they keep Pau Gasol, added Steve Nash, Jodie Meeks, Antawn Jamison, Chris Duhon, Earl Clark, and re-signed Ebanks.
It is just unfair. The Lakers!?! Really!?!

This is going to make the home games vs the Lakers even MORE unbearable. Like they don't already have enough
to gloat about.
:letitallout:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 pm
It starts with the fact the Lakers are in Los Angeles, a big market. Then it's the fact that they are already a very good team that could compete for a championship. The it is the history, the fact that they've won the second most championships in the nba and only one behind the Celtics, so they can become take over and become #1. Lastly, I think it's the stupidity of the other teams, especially Orlando, who should have got higher future 1st rounders than what they got.

Dwight is where he actually wanted to go, will likely win a championship or two with Kobe, and if he stays there will be the face of the greatest franchise in the nba for many years. He wins and the Lakers win.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm
Man..

That Phillie team is looking a lot more beastly now.

If they could knock off the Bulls in Round 1 of 2012 playoffs (8th seed) I could totally see them getting a 4th seed and then knocking off the Bulls again in the semi finals of the Eastern Conference. I'm not saying it will def happen.. just that I could see the result going that way.

They got a awesome big in Bynnum & now all that outside perimeter firepower in Jrich and Dorrell Wright. Playoff lock team FOSHO!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:36 pm
I don't know, Bynum is real good, but they really don't have any other players with defined roles, except maybe Holiday. They lost Lou Williams and he was their leading scorer. Iguodala was also by far their most allround player and also their best player. I don't know how they're going to use Hawes and Kwame well. Apparently Hawes will be their starting PF and I think that's clumsy, as he is too slow and will not be able to defend and score own other PFs well enough. Kwame as a backup Center is alright I guess, but nothing special. JRich will offer outside shooting and not much else and might not even start, it will be between him and DWright to start alongside Turner. I see Philly lacking in exprerience and proven ability on the wings and unless they play through Bynum well, they probably won't be much better than they were last season. Hopefully for them they will be.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:02 am
migya wrote:I don't know, Bynum is real good, but they really don't have any other players with defined roles, except maybe Holiday. They lost Lou Williams and he was their leading scorer. Iguodala was also by far their most allround player and also their best player. I don't know how they're going to use Hawes and Kwame well. Apparently Hawes will be their starting PF and I think that's clumsy, as he is too slow and will not be able to defend and score own other PFs well enough. Kwame as a backup Center is alright I guess, but nothing special. JRich will offer outside shooting and not much else and might not even start, it will be between him and DWright to start alongside Turner. I see Philly lacking in exprerience and proven ability on the wings and unless they play through Bynum well, they probably won't be much better than they were last season. Hopefully for them they will be.

The East is weak bro..

I put Boston, Miami & New York as the only sure things in the top 3.

Chicago on any other season, But DRose won't be back until after the allstar break.

I could see Philadelphia being the biggest mover and shaker with Orlando obviously being the biggest dropper out of the East Race.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:50 am
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:I don't know, Bynum is real good, but they really don't have any other players with defined roles, except maybe Holiday. They lost Lou Williams and he was their leading scorer. Iguodala was also by far their most allround player and also their best player. I don't know how they're going to use Hawes and Kwame well. Apparently Hawes will be their starting PF and I think that's clumsy, as he is too slow and will not be able to defend and score own other PFs well enough. Kwame as a backup Center is alright I guess, but nothing special. JRich will offer outside shooting and not much else and might not even start, it will be between him and DWright to start alongside Turner. I see Philly lacking in exprerience and proven ability on the wings and unless they play through Bynum well, they probably won't be much better than they were last season. Hopefully for them they will be.

The East is weak bro..

I put Boston, Miami & New York as the only sure things in the top 3.

Chicago on any other season, But DRose won't be back until after the allstar break.

I could see Philadelphia being the biggest mover and shaker with Orlando obviously being the biggest dropper out of the East Race.

Yea, the East is rather weak, but Atlanta will still be pretty good and Indiana should only improve on the good performance of last season. Who knows how Washington will go with the changes they've made.

The East has a good eight teams that could be competitive, including Philly.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm
I think Nash is key for the Lakers. If he can stay healthy I can't see how they don't win a championship.
Nash is so smart, he gets everyone involved. He will make Pau, Howard and Kobe better.
And then his bad defense will be covered by Howard at the rim... wow....

I am fan of Nash, so even though I hate the Lakers I will be rooting for him to get a title.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 am
Lakers have always been trying to get good players to join their team, This talk about the Lakers being the greatest franchise is a joke, and I believed that the last time they ever drafted a good player was Magic Johnson.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 am
Spurs are clearly the best franchise. Most dominant fifteen year run out of any sport, ever.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 am
The Celtics back in the 1960s won eleven in thirteen years. Not bad run :wink:

Lakers are the best franchise in nba history, because they've won championships accorss the eras, while the Celtics were dominant across just two eras.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 pm
Well, in the last fifteen years the Spurs have been the best. Without the luxury of the market.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:24 am
The Spurs have been, but you can also say the Lakers have been, having won five championships to the Spurs four. The Spurs have won more during the last fifteen years, as well as gone far in the playoffs pretty much every year, so to me they've been the best during that time. Not the best fifteen year run ever though.

Previous

Return to NBA Forum