*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:48 am
I don't want Kobe getting his 6th ring and having everyone compare him to Jordan. I'll always have that excuse that if Jordan stayed in the NBA instead of going to the Major Leagues that he'd have more ring, but that's not what I want to hang my hate on.

Jeez. Just realized that I hate the lakers so much because I want to be so much like them....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am
Lakers are among the best three teams again, but they won't win the championship easily. Spurs and Thunder in the West still to beat.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:45 am
Am I the only one who thinks the Kings look promising? Look at this lineup from a potential-wise view: Isiah Thomas (Jimmer Fredette), Marcus Thornton, Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson and Demarcus Cousins. All of them are very young and I wouldn't be surprised if they will be able to compeat for the final playoff spot this year, especially because of Cousins' developement.. Cousins, who will make the all-star game with 90% certainty this year and with a ceiling near Howard's. They have some personal problems, but they have A LOT potential and if they can manage to develop it in the right way, they will make the playoffs for 2014.

What do you think? Besides Golden State Warriors, the team I will follow next year on LP (I live in Denmark, northern Europe) will be the Kings.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm
AndreasRiis wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Kings look promising? Look at this lineup from a potential-wise view: Isiah Thomas (Jimmer Fredette), Marcus Thornton, Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson and Demarcus Cousins. All of them are very young and I wouldn't be surprised if they will be able to compeat for the final playoff spot this year, especially because of Cousins' developement.. Cousins, who will make the all-star game with 90% certainty this year and with a ceiling near Howard's. They have some personal problems, but they have A LOT potential and if they can manage to develop it in the right way, they will make the playoffs for 2014.

What do you think? Besides Golden State Warriors, the team I will follow next year on LP (I live in Denmark, northern Europe) will be the Kings.

I don't see a superstar on the KINGS roster.

Each year I keep hearing about Tyreke, Demarcus & now Thomas-Robinson being the next so and so and saving the franchise.

But each year.. they still become the same old kings.

I guess a lot depends on this Thomas Robinson guy & him burdeoning the load of carrying the team (cause Tyreke & Cousins have failed miserably... albiet they are still young)

I don't really like the Kings because of the Maloof brothers. I kind of hope they get a new arena deal in Sacramento because if they move to Anaheim then they instantly become a desirable free agent desination & Maloofs only need to do a Quarter of a better job then Donald Sterling for stars like Dwight Howard/Chris Paul to say "I wanna go to the Kings" because NBA Players want to be in a city which helps their brand.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:51 am
AndreasRiis wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the Kings look promising? Look at this lineup from a potential-wise view: Isiah Thomas (Jimmer Fredette), Marcus Thornton, Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson and Demarcus Cousins. All of them are very young and I wouldn't be surprised if they will be able to compeat for the final playoff spot this year, especially because of Cousins' developement.. Cousins, who will make the all-star game with 90% certainty this year and with a ceiling near Howard's. They have some personal problems, but they have A LOT potential and if they can manage to develop it in the right way, they will make the playoffs for 2014.

You could be right, the Kings do have alot of potential on their roster. If it all fits well, they could even make the playoffs, but I doubt it this season.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 am
migya wrote:

You could be right, the Kings do have alot of potential on their roster. If it all fits well, they could even make the playoffs, but I doubt it this season.

I also highly doubt that they will make the playoffs this year, cause the West is simply to loaded right now. I see them getting 8th at best and 12th at worst. I think they will finish behind Warriors, Mavericks and TWolves at 10th, but the opportunity is there if the other teams are getting serious injuries: Curry & Bogut, Dirk and Love. I think they would make the playoffs if they had played in the East, though.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:28 pm
Look what I found at my local used book/cd/crap store:

Chris Webber rookie and Joe Smith rookie figures..LOL. I only got them 'cause they were $3 each :D
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 am
Awesome, mate. It's definitely worth to spend 3 bucks on that.

And damn, I really miss those jerseys.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 pm
Anthony Davis just had a big game for NO against the Bobcats and his former college teammate MKG. Davis may already be an offense force which I thought he wouldn't be for a few years. Could really be a superstar.

Also, Drummond just had a great game for the Pistons, his only one so far, but his stats for the season so far are - 3.8pts, 4.0rebs, 1.2blks and 61.5FG%, in 14mins18secs a game. Very good production from him and though I thought he'd be a bust, and he still might be, he's holding his own in the time he's gotten.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:10 am
Celtics vs Nets should be interesting next time they meet. I love KG but that was hardly even a push by Humphries. Rondo overreacted.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 am
Kevin Love has been a monster since returning from injury. He keeps this up and the TWolves at least make the playoffs, he is definately a top 5 MVP candidate.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm
Andre Drummond continues to be a monster in limited minutes for Detroit. The guy isn't looking like a bust so far, but whether he can translate what he does in starter minutes is the key. I'm glad we got Barnes, but if Detroit were stupid enough to trade us Drummond for AB or RJ and Rush or DGreen, I'd do it.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 am
Looks like Memphis is falling and likely will be out of the top 4. Really think that getting rid of Gay after getting rid of salary laready was a bad move for them. Good for us though ofcourse.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 pm
I think the fact the players are upset about it will hurt them more. Can't have a bad attitude or not believe in the system to win with one.

Zach Randolph is very upset.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 pm
As he should be. He now has to carry much more of the load and it looks quite impossible. They had a three man punch and now have to try to get others to cover the loss of Gay, which will not be easy and likely they won't do it.

Good for us though.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum