Olympics - London 2012

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:38 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Maybe. But this style of play is gonna bite them in the azz if they play the same way vs Spain. They only won by 5 to the #5 ranked team. I don't have a prob w/Anthony Davis if he actually has an impact. But he's 12th man. Better suited to put a vet in their who will get more minutes. Too many lineups of a bunch of SF's trying to pretend they're Centers (or Coach K thinks that). Superstars sure but it's still basketball and you still need height and size and guys who are used to defending the post. Durant and Lebron are mostly out of their element on D. If Kleiza is owning Durant imagine what one of the Gasol Bros will do.

I am sure COach K will not make the same mistake twice. He will put another big if he has to, and put Durant in the 3 and have LeBron or Love playing the 4.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:30 pm
I hope so, but I haven't been impressed with his coaching and lineups so far. I think he's letting the egos get bigger than the team. Melo Durant on the court together has no defensive intensity. The chemistry on this team is so much worse than 2008. Maybe they're missing Jason Kidd's level-headedness and insistence on making the right play instead of settling for jumpshots and iso-ball.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:23 am
U.S.A. beat Australia to go to semis. Russia outlasted Lithuania, as did Argentina with Brazil. Low blow by Batum on Navarro in Spain's defeat of France.

It's USA v Argentina and Spain v Russia. Reckon it'll be USA v Spain again.

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:14 am
migya wrote:U.S.A. beat Australia to go to semis. Russia outlasted Lithuania, as did Argentina with Brazil. Low blow by Batum on Navarro in Spain's defeat of France.

It's USA v Argentina and Spain v Russia. Reckon it'll be USA v Spain again.

I dunno about Spain vs. Russia. Russia has played real well. Im rooting for spain, but it will be close.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:58 am
USA wins gold, Spain Silver. Good to see my two countries play a close game.

My third country, Mexico, wins Gold for soccer

Pretty good weekend for me.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am
Good gold medal game by Spain and USA. Really think the USA team could and should have blown every game out but had two close games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 am
migya wrote:Good gold medal game by Spain and USA. Really think the USA team could and should have blown every game out but had two close games.

Im glad they had a couple close ones... i dont want it to be the case where USA dominates so much, they take it out of the olympics, like they did in baseball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:32 am
I think it is worth mentioning the 1996 team. It was also a very good one, with a few players from the Original Dream team, but mostly new ones that were young superstars at that time. That team was awesome as well and could compare well to the Original Dream Team also. Shaq, Olajuwon and Robinson at Center. Barkley and Malone again, though older, I think more improved, especially Malone, who didn't have a good jumpshot the first time, but was awesome with it in 1996. Pippen and Grant Hill at SF. Anfernee Hardaway, RMiller and Richmond at SG. Payton and Stockton at PG.

Center are better for 1996 team, as is sF I think, as GHill was in his prime and Bird was not and he would not be able to stick with GHill. SG goes to 1992, but 1996 have AHardaway doing it all, giving Jordan fits having to stick with him and RMiller and Richmond were great outside shooters. It is at PG that it is most intriguing. I think Payton would have defended Magic well and run circles around him at the other end, as Magic was an average defender. Great comparison.

Previous

Return to Sports Board