THE Definative Warriors Breakdown

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who should be the W's starter at the two in the forseeable future?

J-Rich
93%
Mickey the P
7%

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:50 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:A ball-handling, scoring, defending, rebounding small forward in this league is simply not made over night. Give him time and it will pay dividends.

Nah, we're tired of giving him time. This is his 4th season, and he's playing worse than ever. He's even lost his starting spot.

He won't ever succed on the Warriors. The team needs to move on and get another sf, and trade him while he still has some value.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:05 pm
#32 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:Dunleavy is potentially the glue that holds this squad together. If he shot a little better nobody would complain. He is a great passer, penetrator, rebounder, a shockingly good finisher for a guy that has very little in the way of hops, and a greatly improving defender. His shot just isn't there but he can and will improve there. Regardless the shots he does make are often clutch, game winning or game changing shots. Listen, Dunleavy has perhaps the most to learn of any of the Warriors about his position but simply has the longest way to go. A ball-handling, scoring, defending, rebounding small forward in this league is simply not made over night. Give him time and it will pay dividends.

:D =D> Testify, brother!

How much time?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:45 pm
Well, we just signed him to an extension through 2011-2012 to a contract that he is not playing up to right now, so for the next few years at least he is a Warrior. But realize he isn't playing up to par now, but he is at the tail end of his rookie year contract and making 4.5 million. That is a good amount for a versatile 6th man which is his role right now. But lets see how he does next season when he is making 7.5 million plus change. My point is that right now he NOT overpaid. If he is playing exactly this well in two years than yes he will be overpaid. But I've seen him takes strides as a floor leader recently that nobody else on the team can do. He is becoming an extension of the coach and the point guard on the floor, that is a very difficult step to take. Improving his shooting will be cake compared to that. His next big hurdle, I feel will be his ability to work in concert and with fluidity with his point guard. I want he and Baron to become a well oiled duo, with J-Rich and Pietrus as the recipients of the offense that the point guard and point forward create. That is where he will earn his money (needs to improve shooting, too true).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 am
thinkingwarriors wrote:Well, we just signed him to an extension through 2011-2012 to a contract that he is not playing up to right now, so for the next few years at least he is a Warrior. But realize he isn't playing up to par now, but he is at the tail end of his rookie year contract and making 4.5 million. That is a good amount for a versatile 6th man which is his role right now. But lets see how he does next season when he is making 7.5 million plus change. My point is that right now he NOT overpaid.

Yeah, right now he's not overpaid. The problem will be in a few years, when he'll be earning 8 million per season, and performing the same way.

I think a trade would be best for both parts. He's not as bad as he looks, but there's too much pressure on him to succeed. That's my main concern about Dun right now.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:56 am
TMC wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:...but there's too much pressure on him to succeed. That's my main concern about Dun right now.

???

A professional lives for that kind of pressure. What is wrong with this picture?

Too much pressure on him to succeed?

If this is true, we need to get rid of the guy...yesterday.

Dunleavy has "too much pressure to succeed," and tinFoil has no pressure and no expectations to do anything other than waddle up and down the court and steal money from the franchise.

This is truly depressing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:14 am
TMC wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:A ball-handling, scoring, defending, rebounding small forward in this league is simply not made over night. Give him time and it will pay dividends.

Nah, we're tired of giving him time. This is his 4th season, and he's playing worse than ever. He's even lost his starting spot.

He won't ever succed on the Warriors. The team needs to move on and get another sf, and trade him while he still has some value.

On the money!!!! :D

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:14 am
...a combined 7 pts and 5 rebounds is what Dunleavy and Foyle contributed last night vs. the Kings.

Too much pressure and no pressure...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:18 am
uptempo wrote:
TMC wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:...but there's too much pressure on him to succeed. That's my main concern about Dun right now.

???

A professional lives for that kind of pressure. What is wrong with this picture?

Dunleavy has "too much pressure to succeed," and tinFoil has no pressure and no expectations to do anything other than waddle up and down the court and steal money from the franchise.

Couldn't have said it better!

Wait.......... FOR WHAT!!!!!!!! mORE OF THE SAME GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

Yea, trade dun would be great but what would we get for the guy........ a future 1st round pick...... sure, why not! Not much else would be given, maybe a bench role player like James Jones or Greg Buckner

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:19 am
uptempo wrote:???

I'm sure he'd do better for any other team in the league, where he wasn't remembered each day of his life that he was the third pick of the whole draft, and that he's been a big disappointment. Sadly, he had 44 million reasons to re-sign...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:Monta Ellis: The last piece of the puzzle and Baron's successor. This kid plays with confidence, skill and poise. He never rushes and he never backs down. There is no limit to this kid's potential and with a workman like Mario Ellie mentoring him he is only going to develop in the right ways, basically all the ways that Baron hasn't been able to develop.

migya wrote:
He won't be taking baon's spot any time soon. Really think this guy will end up leaving because he will want more opportunity. He, for now, is a good replacement for Fisher, if Fisher was traded but Ellis is very young and the defense is what I think he needs to work on right now the most. Physically, the guy is real good! ..................................................... Attn Migya , With the Arenas Rule now in affect the Warriors will have his restricted rights to re sign him also Monta's Defense is exceptional :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:15 am
what i want to know is who voted for pietrus in the poll??? hahah, cmon Jrich has things Pietrus doesnt. courage, intensity and passion for the game itself - these are intangibles that many players in the NBA lack in todays era.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:41 am
I didnt read all the posts but someone asked about musselman. and heres the real reason why he was let go.

I think ever since Chris Mullen took over as GM, he sort of wanted to prove that he would become a great GM and transform the Warriors into a playoff team. If the Warriors did make the playoffs, credit wouldn't go to the players nor the coach but rather Mr Mullen. He would be credited for bringing in the players and the coach, so he fires Musselman (who was doing a superb job with a mediocre roster, way better than monty with the same mediocre roster + more developed players) so it would be a fresh start with the GM. He would bring in a Bay Area native and fan favorite to excite fans across the Bay and get rid of Musselman so it would appear as Mullen is "doing all the winning ways" and 'decisions' but guess what. Karma is a bitch and Mullen is a complete retard.
New. Stuff.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:09 am
BT wrote:I didnt read all the posts but someone asked about musselman. and heres the real reason why he was let go.

I think ever since Chris Mullen took over as GM, he sort of wanted to prove that he would become a great GM and transform the Warriors into a playoff team. If the Warriors did make the playoffs, credit wouldn't go to the players nor the coach but rather Mr Mullen. He would be credited for bringing in the players and the coach, so he fires Musselman (who was doing a superb job with a mediocre roster, way better than monty with the same mediocre roster + more developed players) so it would be a fresh start with the GM. He would bring in a Bay Area native and fan favorite to excite fans across the Bay and get rid of Musselman so it would appear as Mullen is "doing all the winning ways" and 'decisions' but guess what. Karma is a bitch and Mullen is a complete retard.
Dude you are losing credibility calling mullin retarted when you miss spell his name 5 times :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball