Playoff spot prediction

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 am
As I am sure most of you are, I am very excited with how the warriors are shaping up. I Have been reading other posts and people are saying 8th seed is where we should land, but how about 7th or dare I say 6th?.... I find the West has 5 teams(thunder, spurs, lakers, clips and griz) that are locked, how about the other 3? Denver will make it, but no neccessarily at 6. Mavs ehh, I feel the warriors have a chance of a better record. Wolves look good and could make a push but once again the warriosr are looking pretty darn good.

With the current roster looking to be the set one, and ASSUMING NO MAJOR INJURIES happen, where do we land? Personally I still think we are a 8th seeder, but is 6th impossible? Thoughts
Warriors all the way in the future.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:14 am
I believe we definitely have a PO caliber team, and to be honest, I don't see even Clippers o Grizzlies to be that far from us. I would like to see first how this team will gel together, at least 4-5 games so I could have some insight, but if all goes well, I wouldn't be that much surprised if we surpass some of those teams as well. Cause they also need an injury free season. Clippers got some good players, but nothing great they did this summer. We could play with them even last year with our team being crippled by injuries. Reality, no matter what happens, in my opinion, should be 7th or 8th spot, if they get a good chemistry right from the get go, then I could see them doing a lot more.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 am
I definitely think we are in the best shape since 2005-6 to making the playoffs, and if we are healthy, i think we will. It will be a higher seed (6-8) though.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm
I'm expecting a battle for the 6-8 seeds between 4 or 5 teams. Jazz, Mavs, Wolves, Nugs and the Warriors. Each team has it's work cut out for them if they want to make the playoffs. We have the depth, but health and high pressure experience are iffy.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am
It is hard to tell right now. Factors are above all else, the team fitting together well. Then it is injuries, as if they didn't exist, I think the team could be in the running for a top four spot with the Clips and Grizz.

I'll say that the team will finish seventh, with the Nugs getting sixth.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball