Who will be our starting PG?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm
Yes, Kwame made us infinitely better along side Dorell Wright and Monta, but Bogut next to Klay and Barnes is just not as good. lol...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:34 pm
Oh it's good and with great potential for the future but for now? Barnes wont even start at the beginning and Bogut will ease his way, he will be starting but it will take at least a month to get to full production. The man have one year to play basketball. I expect no more from 25 min at his first games.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:46 pm
TRON wrote:I am not comparing this year team with the one we anded up paying duo to injuries but the one we thought we would play before Brown gets injured. In that team Brown is the center. So.If Barnes gives us what Dorrel did right from his rookie season it will be great and very hopeful, to expect more it's just not to realistic and it may mean we have a future All star in our hands. Bogut is no better than Brown in defence and rebounds he is better in offence but he is our fourth option at best offensively so the impact theoretically will be small. Klay will be better not because he will score more than Monta but because he will play better D and he will pass more. But all this doesn't make this team much better than last year. Don't forget if we were healthy last year we would be in the playoffs. That is our goal this year also IF we stay healthy. I hope though i am wrong.

Have you been drinking Tron? Did you just say that Bogut is no better than Kwame Brown in defence and rebounds??? Child please. Are talking about high school or the NBA?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:17 pm
Ringo wrote:
TRON wrote:I am not comparing this year team with the one we anded up paying duo to injuries but the one we thought we would play before Brown gets injured. In that team Brown is the center. So.If Barnes gives us what Dorrel did right from his rookie season it will be great and very hopeful, to expect more it's just not to realistic and it may mean we have a future All star in our hands. Bogut is no better than Brown in defence and rebounds he is better in offence but he is our fourth option at best offensively so the impact theoretically will be small. Klay will be better not because he will score more than Monta but because he will play better D and he will pass more. But all this doesn't make this team much better than last year. Don't forget if we were healthy last year we would be in the playoffs. That is our goal this year also IF we stay healthy. I hope though i am wrong.

Have you been drinking Tron? Did you just say that Bogut is no better than Kwame Brown in defence and rebounds??? Child please. Are talking about high school or the NBA?

x2

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 am
Well see then.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:55 pm
I gotta agree with the peanut gallery, TRON... You MUST be able to see the difference between Bogut and Brown on defense. The mobility, the intelligence, the vertical leap, the film-watching, the charge-taking, the barking at teammates, the undeniable advantage of that extra inch and 10 pounds... Andrew Bogut was Dwight Howard's only peer before these injuries. Tyson Chandler's hype has been 100% in the wake of Bogut's misfortune. He was All-NBA 3rd Team two years ago! Whose the last Warrior to be All-NBA??

It's no use splitting the hairs on the remainder of issues listed if we have such an enormous fundamental difference. Andrew Bogut is a top 3 NBA defensive center (and, 2 seasons back, was a top 3 OVERALL center). Kwame Brown could not, has not, and will never be in Andrew Bogut's league. He's a manhole cover in the lane; a stuffy big body who shoves big players and doesn't block shots. He was a surprisingly useful backup center. But he's nowhere near Bogut.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:55 pm
TRON wrote:Bogut is no better than Brown in defence and rebounds

The difference between Kwame Brown and Bogut is ASTRONOMICAL!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 pm
If it wasn't for the high post count I would say he is trolling.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Blackfoot wrote:If it wasn't for the high post count I would say he is trolling.

Haha. I was thinking the same thing. Both players are former number 1 draft picks and both play centre but that's where the comparison ends.

32 wrote:I gotta agree with the peanut gallery, TRON... You MUST be able to see the difference between Bogut and Brown on defense. The mobility, the intelligence, the vertical leap, the film-watching, the charge-taking, the barking at teammates, the undeniable advantage of that extra inch and 10 pounds... Andrew Bogut was Dwight Howard's only peer before these injuries. Tyson Chandler's hype has been 100% in the wake of Bogut's misfortune. He was All-NBA 3rd Team two years ago! Whose the last Warrior to be All-NBA??

It's no use splitting the hairs on the remainder of issues listed if we have such an enormous fundamental difference. Andrew Bogut is a top 3 NBA defensive center (and, 2 seasons back, was a top 3 OVERALL center). Kwame Brown could not, has not, and will never be in Andrew Bogut's league. He's a manhole cover in the lane; a stuffy big body who shoves big players and doesn't block shots. He was a surprisingly useful backup center. But he's nowhere near Bogut.

Well said.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 pm
kwame brown cant even catch a pass.. hows he gonna grab rebounds? stats dont lie... go check their blocks per game. let me get some of thta sht u r smking bro :D

edit: actually i just did a quick copy-past sht... u can see clearly... they r very very different [-X [-X [-X

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:47 pm
... Which is saying something considering individual stats have never told Bogut's whole story. Two years ago, the Bucks were +223 on the season with Bogut in the game.

The Warriors were -397 with Monta Ellis the same year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball