TV Shows

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 am
GoT has a genre that you either like it or don't. It is set in ancient, medieval osrt of times. It has a few different stories happening at the same time that all relate to each other and that is what makes it good to me.

Breaking Bad is good, but I don't think it is great. It is quite bland at times with being about drug dealing, but the twists make it real good at times.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm
migya wrote:GoT has a genre that you either like it or don't. It is set in ancient, medieval osrt of times. It has a few different stories happening at the same time that all relate to each other and that is what makes it good to me.

Breaking Bad is good, but I don't think it is great. It is quite bland at times with being about drug dealing, but the twists make it real good at times.

Yeah I agree migya. Its the genre, not the show. The show is well acted and the settings are well done.

I am enjoying boardwalk empire and homeland though. Began watching both those shows last night.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 pm
GoT had a most interesting season finale - obviously I won't ruin it for everyone you'll just have to see it yourself!

Also, just got done with Dexter Season 6 (finale) and that was pretty crazy as well! That show..if you love dark comedies you should check this out.

All caught up with Breaking Bad..I really like the show..it shows some smart ass twists and somewhat creative surprises. I'd give this show a shot..some of the episodes ARE pretty boring and bland but the rest of the eps make up for the bad ones.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 pm
Sorry, but no such thing as a bad Breaking Bad episode. The cheat thrills gained from the invoke, but satisfying story arches in shows like GoT, True Blood and Dexter can never have that ultimate payoff of the smarter shows like Boardwalk, BB and The Wire. I like em all (maybe not True Blood or Dexter so much), but IMO, there are a few just in a different class. I recommend Shameless also, that show is awesome.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:50 am
I've watched some twenty Breaking Bad episodes the last two weeks with the wife. Now up to Season four and this series really is great. I like the story alot and I'm really into it now. Walt and Jesse now targets of the big boss and fearing for their lives every day. Walt is really an upstanding, serious man with his priorities well straight, except with his wife who walks all over him. Skyler is a horrible bich of a character who is pig headed and selfish, wanting everything her own way and Walter lets her. Have to say Saul the lawyer is a funy as hell character. What a fraud and good fit for that series and situation he is. Going to knock off season four in the next few days and then get up to date by watching the first four episodes of season five.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 am
migya wrote:Walt is really an upstanding, serious man with his priorities well straight, except with his wife who walks all over him. Skyler is a horrible bich of a character who is pig headed and selfish, wanting everything her own way and Walter lets her.

Haha.. That's so true, Allthough something tells me his sole focus is on the batch. Why fight with your wife when you gotta slap a lil lazyboy redneck cook in Jesse Pinkman over the head a few times to keep him on course.

migya wrote: Have to say Saul the lawyer is a funy as hell character. What a fraud and good fit for that series and situation he is.

Yeah Saul's the man.. Mr Money Launder.. HEHE!! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 am
Where you at on Breaking Bad Migya ???

Would love to talk season 5 if you have caught up!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 am
Up to Episode 10 Season 4, so don't tell me anything I haven't seen. I'll be up to Season 5 in a week for sure :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am
Finished season 4, couple weeks ago, catching up now with season 5, yes, yes, best show on tv, or that I have come across, so many compelling elements. Great show idea that trumps all the b.s that is all over the tube.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 pm
All caught up - only two more episodes left for the year! Falling Skies is done for the year too..love that show.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 am
Ive wanted to watch falling skies... man, i am so behind on all these good shows.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 am
Does anyone know if Breaking Bad is set to end after season five? I had read some months ago on some forum, while peaking in some forums and sites which I rarely ever do.

Really would like the show to continue after this season.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:24 am
migya wrote:Does anyone know if Breaking Bad is set to end after season five? I had read some months ago on some forum, while peaking in some forums and sites which I rarely ever do.

It has been split into a season 5 part 1 and part 2.

part 1 finishes this sunday(our monday)

then it goes on hiatus and returns this time next year for part 2. (8 more episodes)

How far into season 5 are you bro?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:27 am
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:Does anyone know if Breaking Bad is set to end after season five? I had read some months ago on some forum, while peaking in some forums and sites which I rarely ever do.

It has been split into a season 5 part 1 and part 2.

part 1 finishes this sunday(our monday)

then it goes on hiatus and returns this time next year for part 2. (8 more episodes)

How far into season 5 are you bro?

Thanks.

Just finished Season 4 and going to watch Season 5 over the next few days.

Forgot to add that the last episode of Season 4 was great. Gus going out like he did - What a scene! Real shocking stuff.

Going to get stuck into Season 5 tonight and then next weekend.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am
Forgot to say that the last episode of Season 5 was great. The way Walt dealt with Mike was something. Hank now knows about Walt so looking like a great last eight episodes next year.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum