Who will be our starting PG?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm
Ankle injuries re-occur easily since its the most pressurized point while running. And with the constant activity Curry will need rest, there will many times where he moves to the 2 or him and Jack on the floor at the same time. The warriors had said before they want to take less pressure on Curry handling the ball so he won't put more stress on his ankles.

With Jack we don't have to hold our breathe too long if anything happens to Curry.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:46 pm
At the same time? Like Monta Curry duo? Again a duo of undersized combo guards?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm
Curry. Not even close.

PG: Steph Curry / Jarrett Jack / Charles Jenkins
SG: Klay Thompson / Brandon Rush
SF: Harrison Barnes / Richard Jefferson / Draymond Green
PF: David Lee / Jeremy Tyler
C: Andrew Bogut / Festus Ezeli / Andris Biedrins

Expect Jenkins and Tyler to be in suits most nights, along with a free agent backup 4.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:33 pm
32 wrote:Curry. Not even close.

Expect Jenkins and Tyler to be in suits most nights, along with a free agent backup 4.

Damn, that is a much better lineup then we have had in a long time...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
32 wrote:Curry. Not even close.

Damn, that is a much better lineup then we have had in a long time...

I haven't typed out a lineup that stacked since the We Believe trade. And I'd wager this team is better:

If healthy, a point guard platoon of Steph Curry and Jarrett Jack is easily more serviceable than Baron Davis and Cabbage. It's true, BD could take them all in a one-on-one tourney, but as far as the point guard position, it is now officially our deepest spot on the roster. Curry is the best shooter of all 4 men and Jack is probably clocking in at #2. Center isn't even close. I'm convinced Bogut could slam on Biedrins and Harrington BOTH at the same time. Festus Ezeli is beefcake too. Not to mention David Lee demolishes any We Believer at PF...

You can't beat the firepower of We Believe's wings though; the SG/SF slot just has too many faces. Thompson, H. Barnes, and Rush are all sick... But Richardson, Jackson, Ellis, M. Barnes, Pietrus... Just too many options. Although its worth mentioning, the current crop of Warriors should shoot around 10% better than chuckers like Ellis, Jackson, and J-Rich. Problem is, they aren't as athletic and don't shoot as often.

Never the less, I've been saying since we acquired Bogut that I see this team as a top 5er in the West, if healthy.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 pm
We could be the next OKC. A team built on on draft picks and smart moves with a young ex-NBA player coach and a decent bench.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:11 pm
Well, until Harrison Barnes flashes Durant-caliber game (which might never happen), I'm hesitant to annoint Golden State as a new OKC. The Thunder are driven 100% by the Kevin Durant motor; the rest of the pieces are nice, but KD is what makes that team run. The Warriors - to date - don't have anyone in Durant's library.

However, a lot of people are saying Harrison Barnes will be a better pro than he was at the collegiate level... and dude was a 17 PPG college player, so who knows where Barnes' ceiling is. Could be a 15 PPG 3rd gun, could be a 25 PPG stud in the making, nobody can say for sure. I'm absolutely blown away at his shooting game already. I thought when we selected him that his best case scenario - shooting-wise - would be about Paul Pierce's level; a low-to-mid-40's gunner that puts up 17ish on a lot of shots... but I'm beginning to think we may have a Glen Rice on our hands. He's that smooth on the catch-and-pop. I know his percentages don't yet reflect it (as both games without Thompson in tow, defenses are zoning in to Barnes more than anyone else on our summer league roster), but he is extremely slick as a spot-up shooter. Klay and Steph can make it rain in a myriad of ways, but I dunno if either man is as sharp as Barnes when it comes to setting their feet and recieving the ball. That's saying a LOT.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 am
Those are lofty comparisons for a player who haven't played a single game yet.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 am
That's precisely my point. That's why I can't, with a straight face, call the Warriors a new OKC. It's just too soon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:03 pm
I should have clarified, I didn't mean to compare player to player, but as a potential playoff contending team. It is too early to tell, but I guess I like to be optimistic.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:08 pm
To tell the truth i believe we are not better than last year. The last years team missed the playoffs from two players injuries The one and Brown. I truly believe should at least Brown played, the story would be a lot different last year. This years team have its + and - compared with last years but more or less it is the same calibre team. If we have no injuries ( almost impossible) we will fight for the playoffs and that's it. Only difference is that this team has potential to be better, how much better? The development of out youngsters will tell.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:42 pm
Are you kidding? Klay looks possibly as effective as Monta, the team added Barnes (a far better SF than what was here last season), added a backup Center that has energy, blocks shots and may be better as a backup Center than has been here in a long time, traded for a starting PG that will be the backup here AND added arguably the best defensive Center in the nba, a top 5 Center overall.

That is much better than what the team had last season, no comparsion.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm
migya wrote:Are you kidding? Klay looks possibly as effective as Monta, the team added Barnes (a far better SF than what was here last season), added a backup Center that has energy, blocks shots and may be better as a backup Center than has been here in a long time, traded for a starting PG that will be the backup here AND added arguably the best defensive Center in the nba, a top 5 Center overall.

That is much better than what the team had last season, no comparsion.

I agree
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am
Yeah, Bogut alone makes this a better team. We dished a 2nd-rounder for the #1 pick in the same draft, we upgraded from a 6'3" SG to a 7-foot center. And the additions of Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes the past 2 drafts have made our wing players expendable. We drafted 2 sure-thing starters in two consecutive years. When was the last time we did that?

Let's roll down the ladder:

Andrew Bogut > Andris Biedrins
David Lee = David Lee
Harrison Barnes > Dorell Wright
Klay Thompson = Monta Ellis
Steph Curry = Steph Curry

You can argue that our bench bigs are worse off without Udoh in tow, but many here are annointing Ezeli as an upgrade. The wings are much deeper with Jefferson, Green, and now Bazemore - last year, it was Chris Wright, Dominic McGuire (who I hope is back), and...? If all goes well, Rush will be back. And Jarrett Jack DESTROYS Nate Robinson and Charles Jenkins at backup PG.

I dunno how you can argue that the team isn't (drastically!) better...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm
I am not comparing this year team with the one we anded up paying duo to injuries but the one we thought we would play before Brown gets injured. In that team Brown is the center. So.If Barnes gives us what Dorrel did right from his rookie season it will be great and very hopeful, to expect more it's just not to realistic and it may mean we have a future All star in our hands. Bogut is no better than Brown in defence and rebounds he is better in offence but he is our fourth option at best offensively so the impact theoretically will be small. Klay will be better not because he will score more than Monta but because he will play better D and he will pass more. But all this doesn't make this team much better than last year. Don't forget if we were healthy last year we would be in the playoffs. That is our goal this year also IF we stay healthy. I hope though i am wrong.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball