Another option.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 am
For the moment everything seems frozen. We have about 7 mil to divide in three options. 1. resign Rush 2. Sign a PF 3. Sign Green. We really like Green and we really want to resign Rush. The problem is we don't know how much money we will have to spent to resign him and that is making everything else stop. But maybe there is another way. In the summer league Bezemore really impressed everybody with his work ethic and his versatile defence. He has been defending all positions from 1 -3 looking like a defensive specialist of the future. More importantly he is a SG not a SF/SG like Rush. So what i propose is this, sign Bezemore as a backup SG and Green as a backup SF, that will most probably leave a lot of money to sign a really good backup PF/C which we need far more than Rush. This will make the backup unit like this:
1 Jack, Jenkins
2. Bezemore
3. Jefferson, Green
4. Mr X, Tyler
5, AB, Ezeli

In the new design of our bench Landry feats well because he can give scoring of the bench. Also in this mix if the 13 roster is in effect Tyler will get a sting to the D-league, if the 12 roster stays as it is we will have to decide which of Ezeli or Green will stay on the roster.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:35 am
TRON wrote:For the moment everything seems frozen. We have about 7 mil to divide in three options. 1. resign Rush 2. Sign a PF 3. Sign Green. We really like Green and we really want to resign Rush. The problem is we don't know how much money we will have to spent to resign him and that is making everything else stop. But maybe there is another way. In the summer league Bezemore really impressed everybody with his work ethic and his versatile defence. He has been defending all positions from 1 -3 looking like a defensive specialist of the future. More importantly he is a SG not a SF/SG like Rush. So what i propose is this, sign Bezemore as a backup SG and Green as a backup SF, that will most probably leave a lot of money to sign a really good backup PF/C which we need far more than Rush. This will make the backup unit like this:
1 Jack, Jenkins
2. Bezemore
3. Jefferson, Green
4. Mr X, Tyler
5, AB, Ezeli

In the new design of our bench Landry feats well because he can give scoring of the bench. Also in this mix if the 13 roster is in effect Tyler will get a sting to the D-league, if the 12 roster stays as it is we will have to decide which of Ezeli or Green will stay on the roster.


Regardless if we sign Rush we only have MLE to offer. So signing rush does not affect how much we can offer backup PF. $5million is the max either way. It will affect if we go into luxury tax. But that is about it. The reason they are holding on rush is because Rush is waiting to see if some team will try to give home more money then what ever it is we offered. I think he will either sign a $4 million a year for 3 years with us, or accept qualifying offer and become unrestricted FA next year.

I really hope we sign Biezmore and McGuire IN ADDITION to Rush. That would really round out our roster well.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:28 pm
It does affect us because if we give much money to Rush we can't offer Mle because we will then be over the luxury tax and we don't want that.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm
Give up on signing Rush to pursue a Summer League stand-out?

I'll pass.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 pm
TRON wrote:It does affect us because if we give much money to Rush we can't offer Mle because we will then be over the luxury tax and we don't want that.

I'm saying the max we can offer any FA is $5mil. If you don't sign rush max you can offer is $5mil. If you sign rush max you can offer is $5mil. Also they are at about 62mil with current contracts. 12 players counting rookies but not rush. They have a $4million offer to rush which puts them at $66mil. So if they use the entire MLE they will be 1 or 2 million into the tax. There is no rule saying they can't go into luxury tax, but they will try to avoid it. Will they go in, depends on the player, but they know they have leverage right now. They would probably like to sign rush for $3 mil a year and Landry for $4 mil a year, to just avoid the tax, and are waiting on them to accept offer. Players are waiting on better offer from other team, if none they will sign with us.

So all in all, signing rush has no real affect on our ability to sign others.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:02 am
Likely Rush will take the Qualifying Offer and that would leave the team about four million under the luxury tax. Resign McGuire at 2 million a year, be it for one or two years, I'd prefer two years, then sign Kenyon Martin for 2 million a year, be it for one or two years. That's the roster filled at every position and the best we've had since Webber's rookie season. I'd be happy.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 am
So we let Green go?
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 am
Imo, McGuire > Rush... not really comparing them on a talent level, but on which one fits what the team needs more. It'd be nice to sign them both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with McGuire just based on versatility and team need...and maybe can sign him for cheaper than "brush"

McGuire is like a Tashaun Prince type of defender who can guard multiple positions, play some point-forward, and seems to be a pretty fiery competitor. All good things we can use off the bench.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 am
Bazemore attracts all shorts of interest it will be difficult to take him in training camp as many teams want him.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am
rockyBeli wrote:Imo, McGuire > Rush... not really comparing them on a talent level, but on which one fits what the team needs more. It'd be nice to sign them both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with McGuire just based on versatility and team need...and maybe can sign him for cheaper than "brush"

McGuire is like a Tashaun Prince type of defender who can guard multiple positions, play some point-forward, and seems to be a pretty fiery competitor. All good things we can use off the bench.


McGuire, to me, is an exact replica of Boris Diaw (Sun's D'Antoni version). 6'8 that can defend nearly every position. He can play some point forward and do a decent job on the boards. Neither are great scorers, but can be an impact player regardless.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 am
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/07 ... -warriors/

Looks like he will get his chance in training camp, Good signing.
Image

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13480
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:39 am
TRON wrote:http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2012/07/24/summer-league-surprise-kent-bazemore-earns-contract-with-warriors/

Looks like he will get his chance in training camp, Good signing.

Beat me to it, TRON.

Looks like you got your wish. Here's hoping it pays off.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Imo, McGuire > Rush... not really comparing them on a talent level, but on which one fits what the team needs more. It'd be nice to sign them both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with McGuire just based on versatility and team need...and maybe can sign him for cheaper than "brush"

McGuire is like a Tashaun Prince type of defender who can guard multiple positions, play some point-forward, and seems to be a pretty fiery competitor. All good things we can use off the bench.


McGuire, to me, is an exact replica of Boris Diaw

With one big difference...Diaw can score from 3 point range, and McGuire is having problems scoring from two feet away from the basket.


And here's to hope that we will get a steal in Bazemore. :bday:
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Imo, McGuire > Rush... not really comparing them on a talent level, but on which one fits what the team needs more. It'd be nice to sign them both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with McGuire just based on versatility and team need...and maybe can sign him for cheaper than "brush"

McGuire is like a Tashaun Prince type of defender who can guard multiple positions, play some point-forward, and seems to be a pretty fiery competitor. All good things we can use off the bench.


McGuire, to me, is an exact replica of Boris Diaw (Sun's D'Antoni version). 6'8 that can defend nearly every position. He can play some point forward and do a decent job on the boards. Neither are great scorers, but can be an impact player regardless.



And as a backup that's real good. He is a keeper.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 pm
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am
Guybrush wrote:With one big difference...Diaw can score from 3 point range, and McGuire is having problems scoring from two feet away from the basket.


Diaw averaged 1.3 three point attempts a game for his career, so I'm not sure your statement is accurate. He also shot it at 33%. He's not a guy that is going to shoot a lot of 3s and he was never known as a prolific scorer with a 9.5 point average for his career. His value is passing and defense which is what I think McGuire can give the Warriors.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests