Who will be the most improved player of our team next year?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm
Tyler and Wright are probably out, only Jenkins can challenge Klay. Klay sure has all the advantages but he is all ready a starter, Jenkins has a lot more ground to cover. If he became our second best PG this year wouldn't it be a greater achievement than becoming a better starter than last year?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:23 pm
Yeah... But if you're asking me if it's likely that he'll overtake Jarrett Jack or Steph Curry on the depth chart, I'd have to emphatically say no. Jenkins is an injury reserve at this point. I've said it before, but to reiterate: he couldn't carve out a role until the team was point-blank TRYING to lose games. They paid for a coveted free agent midseason, instead of even attempting to hand Jenkins the reigns. That's saying something. Does he have the most room for improvement? No doubt. But will he achieve it? That's doubtful.

I think a lot of Warriors fans aren't yet recognizing how good of an acquisition Jarrett Jack is. He'd start on easily half of the other teams in the NBA. With Jack in the mix and Curry all healed up, Jenkins should spent most nights in a zoot suit passing out towels and powerade.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball