Any chance Biedrins could ever be effective again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am
I know he was accused of tax evasion. But I was wondering if Biedrins wasn't motivated because the team hasn't been competitive for a few years. Do you think with a more competitive team this year, Biedrins will be more motivated? Or do you think he already made his money and doesn't care? I would love to see the old Beans back. I don't know why he's such a disappointment every year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 am
He's done.

7-footers have feigned fiery competitiveness en route to laughable contracts since as far back as I can remember. Jim McIlvaine's deal destroyed the Sonics by driving Shawn Kemp to insane jealousy. Eric Dampier drove the wedge between Cuban (who wanted him) and Nellie (who wanted to spend the money on Steve Nash). Simply put, the Warriors got taken. Andris Biedrins was the make-shift center on a playoff team and had monster outings against key opponents, like Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and A'Mare Stoudamire. He fooled us all, but I believe he'll be back in Latvia, putting a mad kama sutra on his wife after his deal expires. Dude just doesn't want to compete.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 am
Best we can hope for is that Biedrens is jailed for five years and his contract gets voided.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 am
He'd be as affective as his jelled and moosed up hair style will be in prison
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am
LOL, I have to agree with Blackfoot, that is definitely the best scenario.

32 is right, he's done. I don't think there is much passion there to begin with, and I think the horrid FT shooting has turned him into a mess mentally. If he didn't perform last year with a new coach and clean slate, it's never going to happen.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am
Only way that he can be effective on the offensive end of the floor if the Warriors had a point guard who can run the pick and roll with him where the ball is delivered perfectly and softly at 'above-the-head' level so that he can either dunk or lay it softly in (Baron Davis could do this) and only if Biedrens commits himself to making 75% of his free throws.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am
No chance he hasn't prove he can do it consistently enough. He got some talent, but mentally he check out already and he not going to contribute on this team anymore. Maybe another team with alot of things going right for AB.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:31 pm
People on this team is quite frankly too nice to him. He needs someone to literally call him (I remember Baron) doing that on the court. Its unfortunate, because he was an active player and a center that didn't need touches to score and be effective. He is at this point, our BARRY ZITO...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:06 pm
Nah, worse because Barry Zito came from another team and was said to be by some scouts to be in decline(His velocity that is). Everyone thought Biedrens wasn't done peaking yet and was going to anchor us.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:00 pm
I think there might be a slim chance he gets better..I really think it's all mental. If he gets any sort of confidence back I think that's when his game will improve. Until then it's just a huge mental block that'll be hard to overcome.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:11 pm
He has been done for the last 3-4 years, or how ever long. He has been done for a minute. Sorry to say useless.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 pm
I'm hoping that by having another 7' white dude, who is bigger and better than Biedrins, come in and push him around at training that it will somehow light a fire in Biedrins. It is easy to be comfortable when you have no competition.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm
I believe he is done. The questions that bother me though is this.
A. Is he done with the basketball, the NBA or the Warriors? Gut feeling, the third seams more likely. I believe he needs a change in scenery.
B. It's all his fault or we misused him? Big conversation there. I am afraid that we are a team that has completely forgot how to use a center. Maybe he had the curse to be coached by the most center hating coach in the history of any sport that has a center. Maybe he played for a team addicted to a run and gun style of play and don't now how to play a center. I truly hope this is not the case and with Bogut we will see about that. The only person that knew how to play him was Baron because he was the best PG we had since Hardaway. So AB condition may indicate also that we don't really have a PG. Curry maybe has no idea how to play him because clearly AB is not the center to drop the ball on him down low and let him play his game you need to now how to play the pick and roll with him and give him the ball the right moment.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:45 pm
I put it this way, when his contract is over, he will be out of this league. I am so confidence I would put my car on it.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 pm
Sorry, Tron, but us only having shitty centers does not mean we "forgot" how to use them or just don't. The third isn't likely. He is afraid and his footwork is terrible.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball