Do you think Curry will stay healthy?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 pm
Based on other players who have had ankle problems, why do people assume that Curry won't be healthy? And if you do, why do you think he will be healthy? He did injure that ankle so many times for a couple of years. It was amazing how he injured it so fast in that preseason game against Sac, then many times after that. Do you think the injuries will stop? And also, do you think Curry has been preparing in the offseason to try to become more durable?

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:31 pm
No, I don't think they will stop and we should have traded him for Chris Paul last year, which would have netted us Tyson Chandler. But, that's okay that didn't happen because now we have a good starting five.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:56 am
I don't know if Paul would have come here, but we could have traded him for Rondo, or at least those were the rumors back then.

But, I don't like Rondo that much, not as a player, but as a person, cause doesn't seem like a good type that much. He's not bad, but he's not good either. And before someone says you can't win with good character guys...just remember that Allen left Boston, as far as we know, because of Rondo. So, bad character guys will tear your team apart.

And, the thing I love the most about Steph is his character...there's is nothing better than when you see a guy who is smiling after every play...you can tell that he likes his team and that he enjoys the game. That's why I want Steph here for as long as possible, and I'm positive that he thought something out about that ankle problems, and that all will be good during the season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:00 am
Guybrush wrote:I don't know if Paul would have come here, but we could have traded him for Rondo, or at least those were the rumors back then.

But, I don't like Rondo that much, not as a player, but as a person, cause doesn't seem like a good type that much. He's not bad, but he's not good either. And before someone says you can't win with good character guys...just remember that Allen left Boston, as far as we know, because of Rondo. So, bad character guys will tear your team apart.

And, the thing I love the most about Steph is his character...there's is nothing better than when you see a guy who is smiling after every play...you can tell that he likes his team and that he enjoys the game. That's why I want Steph here for as long as possible, and I'm positive that he thought something out about that ankle problems, and that all will be good during the season.

At least for one year he would have been here. We just didn't want to take a chance on him not re-signing. Which is a fair concern, so I am not really critical of us not getting him. It would have been a nice team though with CP3 and Tyson Chandler. We definitely have a stronger starting five if healthy, but Curry really worries me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 am
Curry has to stay healthy, not just for the team, but for himself, as if he injures the ankle again, he'll be severe damaged goods and his career may never get anywhere near what it could have been.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:26 pm
He'll injure it again. I was a fan of trading Curry for Rondo even when Curry was healthy, but if that happened, we probably don't feel the need to move Monta since he'd make up for Rondo's lack of offense - thus we don't have Bogut. I'm glad we have Bogut and if Curry can stay healthy, we should be a damn good team for years to come, but I just don't see that happening.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 pm
If Curry doesn't pan out with those ankles, yet another problem that would cost the team a chance of becoming a contender. I think this FO though would make some great trades if needed, involving Curry or anyone currently on the roster. A very goodlooking roster we have right now though. I like it alot and with keeping McGuire and adding a pretty good backup big, I think this roster at best is a contender in two years, at best.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 pm
Here is an interesting article on Curry:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/16/3386793/stephen-curry-tuning-up-for-a.html

He looks a lot bigger then before.
The most interesting part of it was when he said he could have played on his ankle last season, but glad that he got surgery instead.
Currently he is not using a brace, which is a good sign with 3 months left before training camp.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 am
Curry does look leaner and more muscular. Always helps to be a bit buffed and fitter and real good to see.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm
Of course he'll stay healthy. He was solid his rookie year, hurt himself in year 2, and then skidded on an ankle that wasn't ready last year. He's had almost a year and a half (not consecutively) off. I'm sure the ankle's fine.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Here is an interesting article on Curry:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/16/3386793/stephen-curry-tuning-up-for-a.html

He looks a lot bigger then before.
The most interesting part of it was when he said he could have played on his ankle last season, but glad that he got surgery instead.
Currently he is not using a brace, which is a good sign with 3 months left before training camp.

I do believe that Curry could have played on his ankle last season, IF he had something to play for. In my opinion, it (his ankle injuries) worked out perfectly for the Warriors because it gave them an excuse to not play Curry (which was good), thus losing more and more games. This, as we all know, led to us keeping our 7th pick and drafting Harrison Barnes. So yeah, for once in this franchise, everything worked out for the best haha
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:01 pm
Update on Curry's Ankle:

OAKLAND – This week will be an important one for Warriors point guard Stephen Curry, as he continues to ramp up his rehabilitation and conditioning after an injury plagued 2011-12 season.

Curry will arrive in the Bay Area on Tuesday night and then work out for four consecutive days at the team’s downtown practice facility.

Warriors general manager Bob Myers indicated that Curry has been working out much of the summer but that this stretch will mark a stepping up of Curry's rehab and basketball-related work.

[RELATED: Stephen Curry career stats | News]

“I don’t think he’ll have any restrictions,” said Myers, who was attending a ribbon-cutting ceremony to unveil the Warriors’ technology center at College Track on Monday. “He’s being cautious because he has time to be. But as far as full-go, he’s there right now. He’s not going to push it unnecessarily, though. He’s going to be cautious. But as far as restrictions, they’ve all been lifted.”
Curry missed 40 games last season – of a possible 66 – because of a nagging right ankle sprain that never did get right. He suffered several tweaks during the course of last season and didn’t play after March 11.

Curry had surgery on the ankle in late April to clean out loose debris. After that surgery, Dr. Richard Ferkel said Curry’s ankle was stable and that the surgery revealed no structural damage.

“He’s been doing it (working out and playing), but not for long stretches of time,” Myers said of Curry. “He’ll go full speed, then stop to not push it because he doesn’t need to. We’re not going to try to break any barriers with it right now. But if you come watch him for 10 or 15 minutes, you’ll see him going full speed without restrictions.”

The goal is to have Curry able to participate in all aspects of Warriors’ practice when training camp begins on Oct. 3.

via Matt Steinmetz
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 am
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... phen_Curry

Warriors Assessing Whether To Extend Stephen Curry

The Warriors have until Oct. 31 to sign Stephen Curry to a contract extension.

"I've talked to Bob (Myers)," Curry said after working out at the team’s practice facility. "He's expressed that they want me as a part of the future. Obviously it's a business decision, an investment, and they have to protect themselves as well. I don't know what that'll mean and exactly what they'll offer. But hopefully they see how hard I've been working in the summer to get back and that I have a different optimism than I've had going into each year. I'm ready to go.

"They've seen me work out a little bit now. Knowing that we went into the ankle in April and saw there was no structural damage, no red flags that say, 'Hey, he's not going to be the same player ever again' -- all those things kind of add up to me being a good investment piece for the future."

Curry is scheduled to be a restricted free agent next offseason.

"You're playing chess with it," Curry said. "If they were to take that approach to wait and I've had a great season, hopefully it would spark some interest across the league for the future and the price would drive up. If I were the Warriors, I'd offer a reasonable amount and sign me up now."

Maybe it makes more sense to extend his contract while his value is low? Try to get a bargain and cross your fingers? Couple things that's encouraging about Curry is 1) His game isn't entirely dependent on athleticism or quickness (unlike someone like Monta -- bad ankles would destroy a lot of his game) 2) His ankles appear to be stronger

I think they should extend his contract him as long as it's on a fairly reasonable contract. If he was an unproven / potential-only player, I'd say nah... But he's more or less a proven player, we know what he can do on the court, how good of a shooter he is, etc. I guess a lot of it should depend on what the docs and trainers say? Success rate of his injury, etc. Maybe we can hire some of the Suns training staff hah. I just don't want to start over at PG since it's such an important position. But ya this makes the Jarrett Jack signing as insurance even more of a great move, cuz Wariors won't have to play Curry 35+ min. / gm since Jack could start on most teams.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:03 pm
It's a difficult situation, because yea, Curry's value is lower than it would be if he gets back to performing as he did, but then again, if that ankle continues to an issue, he's value will be even lower and paying him well long term would be a bad move.

I'm undecided and think the best decision is to let next season play out and see after that.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm
It's good to have Curry back on the court..and cleared to play pick-up!

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223576/Stephen_Curry_Cleared_To_Play_Pickup
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Return to Warriors Basketball