Warriors Radar

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:12 pm
I had read recently that the owners don't want to go into luxury tax and so likely won't sign anyone. Unless DWright is traded for practically nothing (future draft pick) then very likely noone is picked off FA.

I would like to see McGuire resigned and Nate, both to low salaries, like no more than 2.5 million each.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:03 pm
With the contracts of Beans and Jefferson we are crippled in making moves.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm
With them being $8M away from the luxury tax and about $4M over the cap, there is little they could do from here on out besides making a trade. There are a few teams interested in Brandon Rush, but will they be willing to offer him more than $5M? They have to find a way to get better by swapping contracts and hoping a player pans out here instead of on his current team.

Send Dorell Wright and Andris Biedrins to Washington for Andray Blatche, Chris Singleton and Jordan Crawford . The Wizards are pondering the thought of amnestying Blatche, who has a pretty manageable contract at 3 years and $24M. This deal would shed an additional $4M off their payroll next Summer. They got Ariza and drafted Beal, so Singleton and Crawford should be available if they right move is in front of them.

For the Warriors, Blatche is still only 26 years old. Just a season ago, he had averages of 16 points and 8 rebounds. At $7.5M a year, its not horrible and he could pay dividends as a big being able to play the PF or C positions.

Line up:

PG Stephen Curry - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush - Jordan Crawford
SF Harrison Barnes - Chris Singleton - Richard Jefferson
PF David Lee - Andray Blatche - Jeremy Tyler
C Andrew Bogut - Jeremy Tyler - Festus Ezeli
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 pm
#1, blows about Roy. I had really high hopes that we'd get him after we found a way to drop DWright, but for the kind of money Minnesota gave him, I'll bet he's laughing his way to the bank. If he wanted to sign a 2-year, "prove I'm back" kind of deal, he should have gone to Phoenix, where Michael Redd, Grant Hill, Danny Manning, Shaquille O'Neal, and Penny Hardaway all found new life after previously falling off. Aside from the scrilla, what exactly is Brandon Roy's advantage to being a Timberwolf?

#2, Jamison would laugh us out of the building for the type of money we have available. He'll get something much more respectable from a team that could use him; and he's still worth more than the MLE. Nice headline, not much meat to it, I suspect.

#3, I'm sure the Magic are just trying to jockey for negotiating position with the Nets, but why do I get the feeling that when they say they're "opening up negotiations with teams other than Brooklyn", the Golden State Warriors are probably in the mix...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 pm
I have a hunch that Jamison is not going to get much. The only rumblings I hear are from us and Bobcats. I'm going to guess 3 mil a year is what he's going to get paid. It's weird. This year it's either you're getting max dough or you aint getting any dough at all. Did I mention that Brook Lopez is going to get max money? gtfoh
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:28 am
Though Jamison definately can still score well and himself could decide a couple of games by being on at the right times, he'd just take time away from from the likes of Barnes. A slasher, defender and rebounder are needed, but the team can only afford two more signings not worth more than five million. Nate and McGuire resigned would be ideal as we know what we get. Unless both go for 1.5 million each (and I think some team would at least pay Nate some 3 million), no getting the PF that is being coveted.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 pm
From MT2: @gswscribe: SOURCE: Warriors close to getting Jarrett Jack from New Orleans. Not done, but close
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm
More from Mark Stein:

Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine

Just going online: Philly trade for Dorell Wright is expanding to include Hornets, who have agreed to send Jarrett Jack to Warriors

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 pm
Pretty happy about Jarret Jack as a back up PG.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:11 pm
JJ Hickson signed a year deal with the Portland blazers.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:37 pm
What about Robin Lopez then?
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm
Reports are Houston considering amnisty on Scola!! Why not trade Bedriens for Scola, this year they both make the same, next year Scola makes $10, and $11 the year after. We get our backup big and Houston saves $12 million by using amnesty on AB instead of Scola.....
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Reports are Houston considering amnisty on Scola!! Why not trade Bedriens for Scola, this year they both make the same, next year Scola makes $10, and $11 the year after. We get our backup big and Houston saves $12 million by using amnesty on AB instead of Scola.....

Would make sense..too good to be true though?
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:18 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:Reports are Houston considering amnisty on Scola!! Why not trade Bedriens for Scola, this year they both make the same, next year Scola makes $10, and $11 the year after. We get our backup big and Houston saves $12 million by using amnesty on AB instead of Scola.....

Seems like it would make sense, but actually wouldn't. The team will have to resign Curry in a year and Klay a couple of years later, so Scola's money would either prohibit that or put the team way into luxury tax. You don't want a backup making that much money anyway, unless he's worth it and your owner is willing to.

Be nice to find a team that wants to cut salary through amnesty and trade AB for a player with just one year left at considerably less money, like 7 million.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:53 am
migya wrote:Scola's money would either prohibit that or put the team way into luxury tax. You don't want a backup making that much money anyway, unless he's worth it and your owner is willing to.

Be nice to find a team that wants to cut salary through amnesty and trade AB for a player with just one year left at considerably less money, like 7 million.

This.

That is a lot of $ to pay for a backup PF for the next 3 yrs. Also Lee has PF on lock and has also been one of the most consistent and injury free W's sans the zombie elbow bite. That'd be a good creative solution to get rid of Beans contract if there's a team out there willing to do that. And then just sign some big man D leaguer or something. Kenyon Martin is a UFA and could be nice backup vet at PF for cheap. After the Jack trade, I'm just wondering is there any way we can sign McGuire, Rush, and a backup PF ? If so, the depth would be pretty solid.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball