Summer League Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:45 pm
Here's the official roster

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warrio ... v-schedule

Be nice to see how our drafted rookies and sophomores do. I'm particularly excited to see Tyler's progress.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:03 pm
Wonder if they project Tyler as a center and curious to see what our sophomore worked on over the offseason. Hope thy give Jenkins a ton of minutes at pg and would love to see a starting line up of Jenkins, Klay, Barnes, Tyler, Festus.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:06 am
He's listed at F on the summer league roster. Not sure how much that means... Ezeli is the only listed C, and Klay is also listed at F rather than G, so I'm not sure just how credible that roster actually is.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 am
Good that those six are playing and that's half of the roster. Shows what youth the team has on the bench and that to me is a weakness. Adding at least one player that's at least thirty years old would be good.

It will be good to see how all three young players will perform and I actually think Jenkins to be among the best of the six, as he will be pushing to be kept and be the sole backup PG.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm
I am interested to see the development of Tyler and Jenkins. For Tyler I have always seen him as a PF, he has the skill set of a PF. Should be interesting how he looks size wise if he added bulk etc, meanness to his game etc. Alot is hanging on the output of these guys, their production from the bench is what will carry the warriors over. A solid rotation will go a long ways, we know what the starting 5 and Rush will offer, alot hinges on the rookies and the bench players.

Friday July 13 is when it starts can't wait to watch.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:07 am
Summer League Dream Team.

man looking forward to watching this. Interested to see how every single player performs - Jenkins Klay Barnes Green Tyler Fest
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:19 pm
Young players on the bench can also be future and that's how i see it. Ok let's say we get a backup PF, that is good for now but what about the future? That backup PF has no chance EVER to be my next starting PF but Tyler has a chance. Even if it is one chance out of a thousand is better than none at all. Let's see the rookies and sophomores as a blessing and not a curse.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:02 pm
REALLY looking foward to seeing how Jenkins orchestrates the offense. Not only that, but how Barnes and Klay mesh. How Ezeli is going to defend the rim. How Tyler looks at the PF position (perhaps he is the backup 4 we need although I know we need a vet as well). For the first time I can remember, I'm real excited about watching the summer league.

Side note:

TRON - Is that Terra from Sons of Anarchy in your sig???

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm
Haven't watched today's game yet but yesterday gaes were dissappointing. I watched Drummonds, and he reminds of Kwame Brown with better hands right now, but he must be hanging out with Biedrins because that free throw is as bad as it gets.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm
Warriorsallday wrote:REALLY looking foward to seeing how Jenkins orchestrates the offense. Not only that, but how Barnes and Klay mesh. How Ezeli is going to defend the rim. How Tyler looks at the PF position (perhaps he is the backup 4 we need although I know we need a vet as well). For the first time I can remember, I'm real excited about watching the summer league.

Side note:

TRON - Is that Terra from Sons of Anarchy in your sig???

Don't watch SoA, but I believe that's Olivia Wilde.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 pm
Klay says he is going to play a couple of the summer league games even though he is not required to do so. That's good news, will help develOp chemistry.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:30 am
Why wouldn't Klay play most of the games. I think he needs to continue to show he is starting material.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 am
That would be the best move for him...it's not like he's doing someone else a favor by deciding to play in Summer league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 am
I just think he should play with the other young guys, the new ones and the ones that started with him last season. Smart move not to play too much though, injury always abounds.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 pm
MT2 mentioned this morning that Green has looked really good in the Vegas practices so far and that the coaches love him.

I can confirm that is Olivia Wilde. =)
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball