Warriors Trade Dorell Wright to 76ers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm
:D Very good move. Wish it would've happened a little sooner since a lot of the 1st and 2nd tier free agents are gone. Nonetheless, this frees up about $4 million in cap room, and gives us much more wiggle room to work with. We now have about $8-9 million to acquire extra pieces to the puzzle.

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_ ... phia-76ers
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm
Finally that is done. I had a feeling that Wright was mentally different since Monta left...which was just one more reason to send him packing, cause his games weren't even good as in the prior season.

Now if we could find a way to deal away Jefferson or Biedrins...eh, that would be like an early Christmas.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm
Wonder who this oversea player is...

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 pm
Great flexibility from where we was, means we can match Rush in-case any team wants him. Plus go out get a solid back-up, I am really thinking the warriors are looking hard at Hickson and Jamison.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44 pm
Guybrush wrote:Finally that is done. I had a feeling that Wright was mentally different since Monta left...which was just one more reason to send him packing, cause his games weren't even good as in the prior season.

Now if we could find a way to deal away Jefferson or Biedrins...eh, that would be like an early Christmas.

I really hope they somehow trade away Jefferson for a future pick. Shed that contract. They're paying him WAAAAY too much; something like $9-11 million or something like that. That's rediculous. Get rid of him, sign Hill or Hickson, a backup PG or SG, and we're set

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm
Sixers are doing a great job of making really confusing moves this offseason.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm
Wow..that's awesome..didn't think there would be any biters! Yeah, I wonder who this crappy player is we're supposed to be getting...
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:22 pm
We need to get McGuire back. I haven't read anything about other teams having interest in him, but even if they did, McGuire shouldn't demand anything more than 3 mil a year considering that's what Kidd and Andre Miller received this offseason. I think giving him something in the 1.5-2 mil a year over 2 years would be great. Defense and toughness are areas that we can improve in and that's what he brings to the table.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm
Sixers really have made some awful looking moves this offseason.

This is great and now allows another signing, McGuire to me is the one to get first and if he resigned for 2.5-3 million, maybe someone else could be had for no more than 2.5 million, like Hickson, though I doubt it, but a big that at least rebounds and plays some defense for cheap like that would be great.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm
I think tomorrow is going to be interesting. Prices are going down and a lot of halfway decent players out there. We have a lot more room under the luxury tax to be aggressive now.

OJ Mayo??
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm
It doesn't really matter who we get in return as this move was required to shed salary and free up roster spots. Another good move by the FO.

ESPN stated: "Golden State would receive Edin Bavcic of Bosnia and Herzegovina in return. The 76ers acquired Bavcic's rights in a trade with Toronto in 2006."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm
I don't want Mayo. I think Rush should be the backup SG and McGuire resigned to be the major backup SF. RJ doesn't provide like McGuire does with his defense. Defense and rebounding are the needs still and McGuire at least gives alot in one of them.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 pm
8th ave wrote:We need to get McGuire back. I haven't read anything about other teams having interest in him, but even if they did, McGuire shouldn't demand anything more than 3 mil a year considering that's what Kidd and Andre Miller received this offseason. I think giving him something in the 1.5-2 mil a year over 2 years would be great. Defense and toughness are areas that we can improve in and that's what he brings to the table.

Exactly. McGuire might not even get a pay increase at all. I'm looking for him to get something in the arena of $1 mill to $1.5 mill per year. If we could get him on a 2-year, $3 million pact, I'm up for that.

Leaves us enough cash to make a midseason injury pickup, too... And unless we enjoy the revolving door of D-Leaguers that we typically bring up midseason (and would instead like to take a more pro-active approach getting veterans like Nate Robinson), it'd be wise to leave a spare million or two in the bank as insurance.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:23 am
Forgot Nate or some other backup PG needs to be signed. With Jwnkins, there really isn't a need, but I want a slashing player for sure, as that would fill a need a bit also. Nate does it pretty well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Looks like the Warriors will acquire Jarret Jack in a 3-way trade. This will probably push Jenkins back. Jack had his best career season last year, but was injured part of it.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball