Last All-Star Latrell Sprewell (1997)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Nuff said. How does that make you guys feel ? I am just glad the future looks brighter.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:39 pm
Next All-Star: Harrison Barnes.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm
I think the best candidate will be Bogut just based on competition. I don't think Curry would be able to beat out Westbrook and CP3. Nash and Park is getting older, but we don't know if Curry is durable enough to make it to the all-star break without getting hurt. I highly doubt Lee gets because there's a lot of competition at the 4 spot in the Western Conference. You're looking at players like Griffin, Gasol, Aldridge, Love, Scola, Milsap, Zbo, and maybe eve Duncan. It'll be GREAT recognition if he gets an all-star nod over some of these players. The best chance we got is Bogut who is up against a lot less competition. The only person who is clearly better than him is Bynum. Other than that you could argue for almost anyone to be 2nd best center in the west. The only other notables ones I can think of is Marc Gasol, Gortat, and you might be able to make a case for Cousins if he improves enough this coming year. Also might have to answer to Hibbert too if Indiana doesn't match the Blazer's max offer.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:23 pm
And if we do get an all-star, you could bet your bottom dollar I'm buying the jersey. There's no telling how long it'll be before we get another one.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 pm
It'll all depend on how well the team is doing come All-Star time..if the team sucks don't expect to have an All-Star even if they're top 5 in their respective positions..
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:58 pm
Kevin Love did it but he's an exception. If we get into the playoffs I think Bogut is a lock.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:00 pm
If we make it to the playoffs...eveyone one on our team should get nominated! :)
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 pm
I agree that Barnes will become a future All Star and that Bogut is the most likely to be the next All Star(he should've been selected 3 seasons ago) as long as he is injury free and the Warriors are winning.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:17 am
I don't think the team will have any allstars this season unless it is Bogut and his averages are real good and the team is among the top four.

I think Barnes and Curry are possible future allstars, as Nash will soon retire and after Duncan retires, maybe the Spurs will not win as much as the Warriors, if all goes well for the team that is.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm
It seems like almost every team around us is getting better with these signs/trades..and all we can do is sit here because we have 4 mil until the luxury tax..we need to get rid of some of these burdens (AKA Biedrins, Wright..).
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:It seems like almost every team around us is getting better with these signs/trades..and all we can do is sit here because we have 4 mil until the luxury tax..we need to get rid of some of these burdens (AKA Biedrins, Wright..).

Except for Houston and Dallas. They are falling apart. I'm not sure what to make of the Suns who are throwing plenty of money about at free agents. The T-Wolves look a bit better but not many of the Western Conference teams seem to have made a huge leap forward except for the Lakers. I'm still happy with the team that the Warriors have on paper. Hopefully they can put it all together on the court.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 pm
Portland, Houston, Pheonix, Dallas are all falling apart ( well portland fell apart last season and if they don't match Batum's offer that will be huge hit). Memphis took a slight hit losing Mayo and replacing him for Worten.

Lakers, Utah, and Clipps only playoff teams getting better rosters so far.
SA, OKC, Denver are pretty much staying the same.

NO, Sac clearly got more talent via draft, but won't make them playoff caliber yet.
Minesota is the one lottery team that can come in and make the playoffs besides us.

So there are 5 playoff teams from last year that I think are a lock to make it again:
OKC, SA, Memphis, LAC, LAL.

And there are four teams playing for last 3 spots:
Denver, Utah, MIN, and GSW.

Maybe Dallas and Portalnd too if they can pull their rosters together. Still 4 months before season begins.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:33 am
I think Phoenix could have an alright team with the recent signings. They'll have to make a trade next offseason of one of these players for a good PF, if Gortat is to stay at Center, because they don't have any other real good big.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm
Yes, I guess there are some quiet teams (like us) not really doing anything..Houston MIGHT get Lin so that would make them slightly better. But I think NY will match..I do like our team right now on paper, don't get my wrong. I hope we can gel over training camp..and during the summer league games coming up.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:12 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Yes, I guess there are some quiet teams (like us) not really doing anything..Houston MIGHT get Lin so that would make them slightly better. But I think NY will match..I do like our team right now on paper, don't get my wrong. I hope we can gel over training camp..and during the summer league games coming up.

Houston lost Dragic, Lowry at PG, and Budinger at SF. They got lamb who is redundant behind lee and K. Martin. Even if they get Lin, team is still not as good as last year.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball