Random Babble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:49 pm
Starting to apply for jobs over in Alameda, Oakland, San Fran, Berkeley, etc.! Hopefully come 4-6 months down the road I'll be all settled in (back) in the Bay Area!

I've also applied in the San Diego area too...as long as it's back by the ocean I don't give a damn...I HATE AZ!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:34 am
Good luck, mate. Hopefully you'll get a nice job somewhere in Bay Area. I was there for less than a week, and even now I remember how good of a weather was while I was there. People are usually nice, and also, not as fat as they are on the East Coast. lol
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:29 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Starting to apply for jobs over in Alameda, Oakland, San Fran, Berkeley, etc.! Hopefully come 4-6 months down the road I'll be all settled in (back) in the Bay Area!

I've also applied in the San Diego area too...as long as it's back by the ocean I don't give a damn...I HATE AZ!

What is it about Arizona that you don't like? I don't have an experience with the U.S. as far as actually living there. Also, are you currently anywhere near Phoenix and how many, if any, Suns games have you seen live.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 pm
Guybrush wrote:Good luck, mate. Hopefully you'll get a nice job somewhere in Bay Area. I was there for less than a week, and even now I remember how good of a weather was while I was there. People are usually nice, and also, not as fat as they are on the East Coast. lol

Thanks!!! LOL..that's my hope as well! Yes, not a fan of the East Coast..plus I need some form of swells to ride when I get a new board!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:04 pm
migya wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:Starting to apply for jobs over in Alameda, Oakland, San Fran, Berkeley, etc.! Hopefully come 4-6 months down the road I'll be all settled in (back) in the Bay Area!

What is it about Arizona that you don't like? I don't have an experience with the U.S. as far as actually living there. Also, are you currently anywhere near Phoenix and how many, if any, Suns games have you seen live.

Everything man..weather, people, drivers, sports teams, plus I hate being land-locked..I need some sort of outlet (AKA ocean). Yes, I don't live too far from Phoenix..I've seen about 8 games (all when the Warriors came in to town).

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:
migya wrote:

Everything man..weather, people, drivers, sports teams, plus I hate being land-locked..I need some sort of outlet (AKA ocean). Yes, I don't live too far from Phoenix..I've seen about 8 games (all when the Warriors came in to town).

Congrats, glad you got out of Arizona the way you describing makes it seem awful. California has alot of options, and opportunity that alot of states can't match. Hope it all works out and you get a nice job that pays well.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:48 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:
migya wrote:

Congrats, glad you got out of Arizona the way you describing makes it seem awful. California has alot of options, and opportunity that alot of states can't match. Hope it all works out and you get a nice job that pays well.

Thanks man! Hopefully it's sooner than later of course.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm
R.I.P to those who where killed in Colorado.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:
migya wrote:

Thanks man! Hopefully it's sooner than later of course.

consider sacramento. I love living here. Its diverse. Night life and restaurant scene has really grown the last few years. 2 hours away from Tahoe and San Fran. Oh, and its much cheaper to live than the bay.
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:50 pm
I have some friends and family in Sac-town, they all hate it. I'm sure there are some better qualities though... Not trying to lose on your parade.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 pm
Yeah..my grandpa lived in Sacramento; I didn't really like visiting (except when it snowed). I'm looking to move within like 10 minutes of the ocean..I miss the ocean!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:45 pm
wow, you guys are killing me...

But yeah, the ocean is my favorite place, too, so i don't blame you at all. I drove down to San Fran earlier this week, and spent several hours just on the beach. Its so peaceful. I told myself that I am driving down here more often.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:43 am
I've lived right near the beach my entire life. Probably cheaper and much more accessible here in Perth than in San Fran.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:29 pm
Since I'm still in this wretched state (everyone and their mom's are applying on the West Coast!!!) I'm going to the first game of the season; Halloween night here in AZ. I'm going to get a Kick Ass costume and wear a Warriors jersey. I think that'd be grand lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:37 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Since I'm still in this wretched state (everyone and their mom's are applying on the West Coast!!!) I'm going to the first game of the season; Halloween night here in AZ. I'm going to get a Kick Ass costume and wear a Warriors jersey. I think that'd be grand lol.

at least you are thinking positively...
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum