Warriors Radar

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:40 am
Getting any of those SF's would be an absolute no-brainer to me if it means flipping the redundant, aging, big contract R. Jeff for an all star or near all star SF. It's all about collecting talent and upgrading...our starting 5 would be dope as hell. Would prefer Iggy over Deng, but either or would be an upgrade. Jefferson is one of the worst contracts in the league. He was traded for STEPHEN JACKSON ffs lol. Just seems that if W's are serious about playoffs now, they would accept an offer like R. Jeff + #7 for Deng or Iggy. I believe 76ers are a more willing trading partner since they want the Evan Turner show to start and have put Iggy on the trading block for a while.

In the draft, saw that nbaTV and nbadraft.ne have the W's taking Liliard. So a backup PG. If they're going that route, I'd prefer Austin Rivers. Think this guy is being overlooked and surprised he's not higher up in mock drafts. He could be a 6th man type instant offense and insurance if Curry's ankles flair up again. + He gets to the rim and gets FT's. Like his skills and I think his mentality will translate well at the next level. 2 days!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am
If a team approached the Warriors with small forward A, B, or C in exchange for Richard Jefferson, I can't imagine why the Dubs wouldn't pull the trigger. Damn near anything is an upgrade.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 pm
What about Lamar Odom? I'm sure that Dallas would be happy to take our 30th pick and Dorrell to get him off their hands.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:46 pm
I tell you what, I'd do that #30, add DWright if needed, for Odom not because I want Odom, I want to stay away from that one, but because the team can buy him out for something like 2 million and save 8 million on his actual on season salary.

I'd only do that trade after the draft and any possible other trades, as the #30 could be used even better.

JR Smith has just opted to be a FA and he'd be a possiblity as the backup SG, but I'd only want him if he signed for no more than 4 million a year and we could trade Rush in a package to get a real good player.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am
Or you could bypass that whole mess and just buy-out Wright while refusing to sign the 30th pick, but I don't think Lacob's as interested in saving money as Cohan was. Lacob understands the importance of assets and like it or not, DWright is our only real expirer. Even if we save him til the trade deadline, he can be used as dowry to any team looking to drop salary. He, plus Jefferson or Biedrins, is a $13 million player waiting to happen. For that kinda cash, we can acquire an Andre Iguodala or a Luol Deng.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Alright so our starting 5 is set
curry/jenkins
klay/rush
barnes/mcguire/rj/wright
lee/tyler/green
bogut/festus

we just need to add some veteren leadership and this lineup has got me smiling like crazy.
maybe a steisma or a reggie evans? or a backup pg?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 pm
Well, RJ is a veteran, but ofcourse very expensive and needs to go at any opportunity. Having two vets would be ideal.

Nice starting five that has three very youthful players and two allstar type players with enough experience, yet not old by nba player terms. Looks like pretty much every facet is covered, except maybe penetration, but that isn't a must when you have five players that can playmake quite well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 am
We need PG depth. Andre Miller would be a nice free agent pickup. Might not go for MLE. Do we try to bring back robinson? I wouldn't mind if he can be convinced at $3m ~$4m range. I really would like to see
McGuire back too.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 am
I like the roster as is with the only change being trading RJ and DWright if possible. DWright is very possible to trade for like a 2nd round pick, but RJ will have to be kept for a year and then a great expirer he will be and may allow a trade for a superstar salary wise, if the team has that option.

Nate for no more than 4 million a year for two years is what I'd do otherwise he shouldn't be kept, anymore than 4 million is too much for a backup PG and for him. Jenkins is real cheap and so it allows Nate to be signed for some two years for that amount of money.

We now have a starting SF, backup SG, resign McGuire for backup SF and with Festus and Green, two backup bigs that look good and are cheap. AB is also looked to be traded, but like RJ, he will be a great expirer in one year.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 am
Think it's time to part ways with NateDogg. Too short and crazy. Pick up Machado or Kidd or A Miller.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm
Andre Miller is re-signing with the nuggets for another 3 years.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:16 pm
And for just three million a year, quite a steal and cheap I think.

I would have offered him 4-4.5 million a year, but only for two years, as he is also getting on in age. For a backup, he did well averaging 9.7pts and 6.7asts. Nuggets stay strong and with their young guys improving, they should climb even higher next season.

Also, the fO has apparently started talks with JJ Hickson. He is alright and would help, but I'd rather money be spent a bit better, because I think Tyler, Ezeli and Green should get time if they perform well in Summer league and training. I don't see Hickson really doing more than the young backup bigs currently here, but likely would cost the full MLE type money.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:38 am
I like the idea of Hickson because I think he'd be the type of guy who would accept his role off the bench but would also be capable of starting should Lee get injured. To have good depth, you need guys on the bench who are good enough to start. I don't think Ezeli is ready for the NBA any time soon. His game appears way too raw just yet and a season in the development league will do him good. Tyler was good at the end of last season but I don't know about him being a starter. Green will be good but he's not a starting PF in the NBA.

We've missed out on Miller and Kidd is following Williams. I can't think of any other decent veteran backup point guards(in our price range) so we may as well stick with Robinson and Jenkins. (On a side note, I think it'd be nice to see Nash finish his career in Toronto).
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 am
I don't agree that Ezeli isn't capable of producing right away. He is raw, true, but that's mostly for offensive part of his game. His defense and shot blocking are pretty damn good as it is.

And, I agree on the Nash thing. I would love to see him retire in Canada. If they could get Tristan from Cleveland, it would be interesting as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 am
Been looking it over it just a little bit and Hickson would be a good pickup and in fact, there needs to be one proven big picked up to be a backup here. As long as Hickson signs for under 4 million a year, I'd take him. It does look like both Tyler and Exeli will still be lacking a bit by the start of the season, but they should be played alot in Summer league and anything else that's on, because if they can get good enough to be proper backups, the team will be set well for the next three years or so.

Since AMiller is gone there still are a few PGs that could serve as backups to Curry, even third string behind Jenkins. Hinrich is definately one, Aaron Brooks and even a fit Felton. Nate is probably the way to go as we know what he can do and he creates well, but he has to take three million or less.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball