Who is considered the face of the Warriors?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:45 am
People mentioned how the warriors have no superstars. Well, I think that if they started winning some of them might get that label. Steph Curry has long been known as a player who could potentially fit that bill. David Lee has been an Eastern all star. Andrew Bogut should have been an all star in the past. And Klay Thompson is looking good, while we just signed Harrison Barnes, someone who has potential.

I think that right now the heart and soul is with David Lee. Steph Curry could become that guy. Andrew Bogut will undoubtedly be their best defensive player. It's hard to say, but I don't mind seeing Lee the face of the team.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:22 pm
At the moment, that is Lee...but I think it's only because Curry can't stay healthy. If Curry stays healthy this season, and plays like he knows, and even improves, he will not be only the face of the franchise, he will be a true star in the NBA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm
Guybrush wrote:At the moment, that is Lee...but I think it's only because Curry can't stay healthy. If Curry stays healthy this season, and plays like he knows, and even improves, he will not be only the face of the franchise, he will be a true star in the NBA.

Precisely. Curry is the man on this team; recognizable faces like David Lee and Andrew Bogut can fill in the cracks nicely, but Stephen Curry is the star.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:33 pm
David Lee, without question. Like everyone said, Curry if he is healthy and can make an allstar roster.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 pm
JREED wrote:David Lee, without question. Like everyone said, Curry if he is healthy and can make an allstar roster.

I'm as big a Lee fan as anyone, but Curry is the face of this team, all-star nod or not.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 pm
I like how all of these guys are unselfish and play team basketball. For some reason, I think this will work better than relying on Monta Ellis. But Bogut, Lee, and Barnes all are known for their team play. Funny how Steph and Lee had a fight a couple of years ago and now their teammates who will probably be best friends. They gel well together. When healthy, this starting 5 has some size, great passing, great personality, and can shoot 3's and score really well.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm
I think next year is really going to establish the face of the franchise, but I think Curry and Lee will become the 1 - 2 punch, pick and roll, pick and pop. Thompson and Barnes will space the floor and have nights where they are on fire. Even Rush will probably have nights where he isn't missing. Bogut will cleanup the glass, and run the floor. This looks to be a solid team if they can stay healthy.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I think next year is really going to establish the face of the franchise, but I think Curry and Lee will become the 1 - 2 punch, pick and roll, pick and pop. Thompson and Barnes will space the floor and have nights where they are on fire. Even Rush will probably have nights where he isn't missing. Bogut will cleanup the glass, and run the floor. This looks to be a solid team if they can stay healthy.

Do you think they will have D wright and jefferson next year?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm
Stairway Man wrote:I like how all of these guys are unselfish and play team basketball. For some reason, I think this will work better than relying on Monta Ellis. But Bogut, Lee, and Barnes all are known for their team play. Funny how Steph and Lee had a fight a couple of years ago and now their teammates who will probably be best friends. They gel well together. When healthy, this starting 5 has some size, great passing, great personality, and can shoot 3's and score really well.

I think that was diva-Monta not getting along w/Lee... http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/29942269

This team is a 5-faced beast... good comparison is the Grizzlies.
Idc who gets the credit as long as they're winning.
Freaking "giddy" about this upcoming season haha. (and there's still Free Agency to go)
On paper the best lineup since Run TMC. We Believe was nice but that small ball lineup was gimmicky and doomed.
This team has the chance to make playoffs for the next 3-5 yrs.
You ever play pickup ball and you pick up like 2 or 3 other guys who just "get it" .. you just gel immediately and run the court? That's what I think this team will be like. Alot of guys that will put winning first and play off eachother. With Monta Ellis on the team, that was almost impossible cuz that kid needed to get his 20ppg on 20+ fga's.
Big expectations this year! Hope the team has big expectations for themselves too.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm
It's going to be Andrew.fukking.Bogut.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 pm
I think its Curry. They didn't trade Ellis away because of Lee. Lee is the heart of the team though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:58 pm
Looks like Curry could be the star of the team as such, but wouldn't be surprised if Barnes rises to be that in two or three years.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 am
David Lee is the face until Bogut takes it over. Ask any non Warrior fan and they will tell you when they think of the Warriors they think of Lee.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 am
Blackfoot wrote:David Lee is the face until Bogut takes it over. Ask any non Warrior fan and they will tell you when they think of the Warriors they think of Lee.

Ah yes, mostly due to last year's barrage of injuries. Ask any non-Warrior fan which of our guys they'd most like to trade for and Curry will be the answer a heavy majority of the time. :wink:

I'm not saying Curry's the best player (I believe Lee is), but the guy on all the NBA exclusives and all the media love, is Steph Curry. "The face" of the team isn't necessarily the heart and soul of it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 pm
Festus Ezeli, he is the easy choice
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball