Welcome, HARRISON BARNES!!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:20 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Who was BPA? Barnes. Which STARTING position needed help? SF. Win win. Boom bang. You gotta build a starting 5 and worry about the bench later (see Celtics).

If it's a Drummond vs Barnes...

I don't care if Drummond turns into Kareem Abdul Jabbar in 4 yrs. Fans don't want to wait 4 yrs!! Win now baby!

#30 too soon for Ezeli?

http://nbadraft.net/players/festus-ezeli

Backup PG:

Machado? helluva passer

:shock: =; [-X [-(

I don't think you realize how great Kareem is.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm
Yep..Ezeli.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 pm
Great draft! Love it. :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:34 pm
Barnes fills the need at SF and was the BPA. Well done FO and likely in particular Jerry West.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 pm
Ok i have settled down after hearing Bilas talk on the BS report about Harrison Barnes being an elite athlete in high school comparable to where Kobe was, only to rescind in college & then come out at the NBA combine to be head and shshoulders above everyone else in the Vertical jump, speed and agility ratings.

i guess not having the 'IT' factor in college could of been him coasting on a UNC team. I just hope I see some heart & desire on this warriors squad for him.

sounds like he will start right away.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:59 pm
And he should.

Unless RJ can reverse time to 5 years ago, Barnes is officially the best SF on the roster.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 pm
DWright has to be traded for anything, preferably a future 2nd rounder, as the team has one too many SF types. Rush should be backup SG and McGuire should be resigned to be backup SF, with RJ also being there, but he won't be gone in a trade with that salary. RJ will be a valuable big expirer in one year and then we can maybe do a big trade involving salary.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:32 pm
Yep D Wright is officially expendable. I like what a Harrison Barnes / McGuire combo looks like at SF. I would even say with the Barnes pick, resigning McGuire (can defend multiple positions, grit, handle the rock) is head and shoulders the priority over Rush.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 pm
I agree keeping McGuire should be a priority. Apart from Bogut, our starting line-up does not look particularly imposing on the defensive end. McGuire off the bench would be a HUGE asset for us in situations where we can't afford to give up an easy shot. I can't imagine it'd be too hard to find a deal for Wright. His contract is not unreasonable, he's always been a productive starter, good size, still fairly young as well. Just not the right fit for us. I think after drafting three backup big men, and considering we still have Biedrins and Jefferson under contract, we should try to ship Wright in return for a guard. PG or SG, either way... We're two deep at both of those positions. I'm still clinging to the hope that we can pick up Machado as a UDFA. If not, we should try to trade Wright for a combo guard -- preferably someone relatively young, relatively big, with decent defensive skills and 3PT shooting off the bench.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 pm
I think Barnes can be a good defensive plauer, if he isn't one already and he seems pretty good right now. He is pretty allround himself and it will be interesting to see how he goes, because he needs to be good straight away or otherwise he may as well be traded for a proven very good SF.

I'm happy getting Barnes, but at the same time he must prove he is a very good SF, because if he isn't, the FO needs to get one that already is. That was the point going into the draft, getting the biggest need which is a very good SF.

I do think there will be a trade happening, at least it is very possible. I just hope it's not Barnes, not without him playing a real game with the full team, because he is a SF, is very good it looks and more importantly, fills the biggest need on rookie salary, which if I'm not wrong he'll get 2.5 million or close to it his first year. That's nice and cheap and exactly what this team needed.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:45 pm
Barnes was bpa and the 1st need at the same time. So i guess i am happy. Thing is though i am a defense first guy and the team is trying as they say to D-up but we keep getting shooters, that makes me skeptical. My only consolation is that i know that while offense is all about talent defense is all about will. I hope that Malone will develop Klay, Barnes, Tyler and Jennings to at least good defenders. But the most annoying thing of all is that we came so close on landing Robinson. One slip from Sacramento was all that we needed because Lillard was locked for Portland. One little slip, one i believe in Drummont. Anyway thumps up, hope the best.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 am
The thing about trading Barnes is, from the second he first steps on an NBA court, his trade value plummets. Even if he plays well, he's worth less. As an unknown commodity at the NBA level, teams will be more likely to pay more for him. It's like with collectable items, the second you take something out of the box, it's worth less -- even if you actually improve the visible condition of the item by doing so. If we're at all entertaining the notion of trading Barnes, we should look to do so before the season begins IMO.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 am
Both would be backups (T. Rob and Drummond), and one a 2-4 yr project... I'll take the starting SF.

On defense, I'd say we have

Curry - bad defender
Klay - avg defender (his deficiencies are exaggerated - he has two things Monta never had - size and good instincts)
Barnes - avg defender at worst, can be above avg
Lee - better than before, can be avg. with Bogut
Bogut - good defender

So I think the only truly horrid defender is Curry. Lee with Bogut should improve D Lee's game. Bogut should make everyone's D better. I'm thinking W's will be a team that can play team D, but probably avg., and have a great offense. Also Festus w/McGuire improves their defensive depth. If healthy, I expect a 6th or 7th seed or better, depending on who they sign in FA.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:44 am
Great draft. Way to call it Guy!!

As soon as I heard Lillard at 6, I was hoping for Branes!! I was afraid that they would trade back with Houston too. We didn't need more talent, just better talent. Ezeli is an awsome pickup at 30, didn't think he would be there. Was hoping for a PG at 35, but Green is a nice passing big, think he will come in and compete for mins at backup PF, as this guy can pass and create. With all the shooters we have this will be his wet dream. I think we finally have an inside out game. This is going to be drastic difference and to the outside in game fans are used to. Barnes will look so much better when he is stroking 3 pointers or moving without the ball to the rim. His flaw is his handle and foot work. He can improve that.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am
I am glad we got the BPA and our need filled, but I can't honestly say that I am not disappointed that we did not get an establish SF like Iggy, Deng, or Gay. I hope something can still happen. Anyways, I like our starting five and I think we are a bad playoff team. Our ceiling with this roster being second round. I am really happy about that.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball