2012 draft choice

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm
32 wrote:
TRON wrote:I would do it only if they also take the rotten body of Mum-ra with it.

:-s :scratch: Do I wanna ask?

The man that used to be called Andrish Biendrish when he walked among the living, if you have to.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm
I've always liked Wilson Chandler, but right now he has his lowest value he's had in his career and is quite a question mark as to what he can do at the nba level presently. I like WChandler and he is young, as well as having shown in New York and when he got to Denver that he can play both ends well, but I'd rather have Iggy, GWallace, Deng or even Gay. WChandler is cheaper for sure, much cheaper and that is a big factor as well, but if the FO really wants to build a winner, they'll look for the best they can get even if it means quite a bit of money has to be dished out.

The FO has to push hard to see if that deal for Deng is real and possible or not. Any way it is looked at, I'd rather wait until the draft and see exactly who is left for us at #7. Drummond, Lillard, Barnes or MKG will get us more than WChandler and so the team should wait. I don't think any other team is looking to get WChandler anyway so wait until the draft.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:42 am
32 wrote:Ditto, Shad, but add Rudy Gay and Luol Deng to that list. Chandler is a nice prize for almost solely the pick, but I'm in favor of making the deal for the most talent possible. To my mind, that puts the veteran list at: Gay > Iggy > Deng > Chandler > Thaddeus Young > Dorell Wright

I'd just put Iggy in front, though. He's a proven veteran, and he proved that he plays both ends always, never taking breaks. His lower numbers in scoring is not because he started to regress, but because he agreed to play team ball, and spread the ball as much as possible with Sixers. That just shows how big of a team player he is. He would fit in perfectly here...wouldn't demand a lot of shots (which is hard to get with so many shooters here), but will have his nights, and he would probably be a leader of this young team, soon enough, probably more than Lee is now, cause he can do more things than Lee, for the team.

If not Iguodala, then I'd be fine with Gay as well. After that, I'd probably keep our pick, if it is a SF. I'm not that sold on Chandler, though, I wouldn't be pissed with that. I don't want Taddeus Young, and I'm still not sure about Deng.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:41 am
wilson chandler.. he just got off an injury surgery... and he has a big contract.. 38mil for 5 yrs if i didnt remember it wrong... so i wouldnt take him at all... though he was a good player 2 yrs ago.

i mentioned Gwallace before.. and now maybe we should try to get lamar odom... he can play 1 to 5... guy is a beast if mark jackson knows how to play him. hes a 6th man with starter mins with high bball iq/good ball handling/experienced type of player.. hard to find. just a thought.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 am
Christ, we've covered Odom before and has been is what describes him now. Big no to that one. WChandler did just get injured and yet another reason to be a little weary, though he is definately feasible if the other possibilities are not there.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 am
facue420 wrote:wilson chandler.. he just got off an injury surgery... and he has a big contract.. 38mil for 5 yrs if i didnt remember it wrong... so i wouldnt take him at all... though he was a good player 2 yrs ago.

You can't dismiss a guy for having an adjustment phase in Denver, followed by a fatigued end of the year after enduring a season in China. The last time Chandler went start to finish with 1 team for an entire season, he was an enormous asset (undoubtably the second most important trade piece for Denver, behind Gallo). Chandler's 25 years old; far from regression. The injury bug is a fair point, but to claim that he's in any way not what he used to be is unfair. The guy played through a trade and then he played through heavy fatigue. You really can't make or break his career based on the inconclusiveness of the past two years.

Here's all we can say for sure: Chandler plays his role, he values defense first, and he has a prototypical body for a modern NBA small forward. Anything about his motor is just hearsay.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am
Still i have to insist they have to take a contract of my back to do it, AB or Jefferson have to go.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:02 pm
It seems like Barnes going to be the pick
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:04 pm
Don't jinx it, man! :)
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:07 pm
woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barnes falling into our lap!! Don't f it up Warroirs!!!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 pm
Harrison Barnes! You beauty!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm
Woohoo!

Guys, come chat on chat box. :)