GS Warriors Trivia - 1990s

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:59 am
It's offseason and though we have the Mock Draft thread happening and that could and should become a very interactive thread for at least another few weeks, we sign free agents, make trades and evaluate each other's teams, more interactivity is always a good thing.

Let's have a trivia game going by decades that most of us can remember. We'll start with the 1990s, the whole decade.

I'll start with a question.

Did the Warriors win more games in Billy Owens' rookie season than the season before?

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 am
50/50 shot (unless its a trick question, and its a tie)... but i will say no.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 am
It's a loaded question; migya is a famed advocate of the Owens trade, a very rare bird around these parts. I believe the Dubs improved to 54 wins with Owens?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:43 pm
They won more, 44 in 1990-91, 55 in 1991-92. Yes, I am pro that trade of Richmond for Owens, not that that has anything to do with the question.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 am
I was merely pointing out why I believed the answer to be a positive one in terms of Owens relating to the team. No harm intended.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm
It was the way you said it that was sort of implying that I am "different" than most. Maybe I am with my opinion, but I stand by it anyway. No harm taken either, just saying that I am pro that trade of Richmond for Owens.

Your turn 32 to give a trivia question, since you got it right with my question.

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm
Obviously it didn't work out but I was in favor of that trade at that time. It was worth the gamble. Definitely the right move to make, sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned.

Owens for Seikaly? That's another story.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 am
hobbes wrote:Obviously it didn't work out but I was in favor of that trade at that time. It was worth the gamble. Definitely the right move to make, sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned.

Owens for Seikaly? That's another story.

Owens for Richmond was the right move and the only reason why it didn't work longterm was because Owens got injured his second season and then got traded straight after his third season, the guy did well when he did play and didn't get a chance to do more. Seikaly was awflu when he was here, but interesting to note that he did well in Maimi before coming here and after he left when he went to Utah and Orlando. The run and gun style didn't suit him at all.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 am
Okay then. My question:

Who is the only player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1976 to put up a triple-double of at least 35-20-10?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
migya wrote:It was the way you said it that was sort of implying that I am "different" than most. Maybe I am with my opinion, but I stand by it anyway. No harm taken either, just saying that I am pro that trade of Richmond for Owens.

Your turn 32 to give a trivia question, since you got it right with my question.

Absolutely. You are different, just like I'm different in terms of the J-Rich trade. Surely by now, you understand that advertising your approval of that trade is an invitation for disagreement. I certainly do, whenever I tell someone the BWright deal was the right move to make. Most people just don't see it that way. Doesn't make either of us wrong; I was hoping the mention of it might snowball into a minor tangent. A lotta these guys never heard your position on the Billy Owens deal. Might not be bad to rehash it with some of the new faces.

It won't be too difficult to have a lighter discussion than we did last time. Christ, I was an arrogant, loud kid in 2007:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3808&p=66465&hilit=Richmond#p66465

Remember that little back-and-forth, migs? I'm extremely happy that sort of talk doesn't happen anymore. That thread alone is proof that the world is a nicer place for everyone when 32 has a full stash of mota haha.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:It was the way you said it that was sort of implying that I am "different" than most. Maybe I am with my opinion, but I stand by it anyway. No harm taken either, just saying that I am pro that trade of Richmond for Owens.

Absolutely. You are different, just like I'm different in terms of the J-Rich trade. Surely by now, you understand that advertising your approval of that trade is an invitation for disagreement. I certainly do, whenever I tell someone the BWright deal was the right move to make. Most people just don't see it that way. Doesn't make either of us wrong; I was hoping the mention of it might snowball into a minor tangent. A lotta these guys never heard your position on the Billy Owens deal. Might not be bad to rehash it with some of the new faces.

It won't be too difficult to have a lighter discussion than we did last time. Christ, I was an arrogant, loud kid in 2007:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3808&p=66465&hilit=Richmond#p66465

Remember that little back-and-forth, migs? I'm extremely happy that sort of talk doesn't happen anymore. That thread alone is proof that the world is a nicer place for everyone when 32 has a full stash of mota haha.

Definately things were more heated back then, but we've all grown up.

Good to have discussion though and the forum has always had that.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm
32 wrote:Okay then. My question:

Who is the only player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1976 to put up a triple-double of at least 35-20-10?

I'll take a guess and likely I'm wrong, though someone else will probably get it right straight away. Can't think of anyone on the Warriors in the 1990s that did actually. Do you mean for all the nba or just warriors players?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm
Oh snap, I didn't make it pertain to the 90's. The guy is actually on the team right now.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 am
Either Lee or Bogut then. I'd say Lee.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 am
You are correct.

The past two 35-20-10 triple-doubles have been collected by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1976) and David Lee (2010).
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball