Lottery/7th pick/tank schedule

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 pm
I'm hearing Zellers, from a couple people close to Lacob. They like his motor and he's definitely backup quality (not sure if he's got the kind of body that can translate into starting material in the NBA).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:54 pm
Yea, you have to aim for the best if you don't have what you wanted in the first place and one of the top ranked Centers or even PFs is the way to go. Good bigs hold more value than good littles and right now the team needs a good backup big, as AB is pretty awful right now and tyler has alot to prove and is far from being a sure solid player.

Also, a nice conversation about the Warriors' #7, as well as the picks before that. Also Steph Curry and Bogut talk about the pick: http://www.nba.com/warriors/fanzone/draft_blog_062112

Tom Tolbert states when he made a very short appearance, that he'd go with Sullinger and that was after the Blazers were said to likely pick Lillard and therefore Drummond still on the board. Tolbert can be a clown.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm
Just watched interview of Zeller and Leonard. Both impressed, but I left most impressed with Leonard. He has great size, and good athletism. I think it would be a great pickup, and he could backup Bogut during the season. That would also reduce the strain on Bogut to have to play so many mins.

Good thing is that there are a lot of options, and none are clearly better then the other, just different.
Bad thing is, that if there is a wrong choice Warriors have a tendency to find it.... although last 3 picks were solid.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 pm
drafts about 6 days away and im really hyped about it. tanking and getting the 7th pick was a blessing but it was also a curse since we got the 1st pick for the 3rd tier players in the draft. mock draft has taking dion waters and im not really high on the pick the curry jenkins rush thompson guard rotation can really work and i think if we dont hit high with one of the small forwards we should trade down or trade for veteran sf. when i read news about the ariza trade i was so upset we didnt offer something for it. i want us to trade up and get harrison barnes cus the dude can shoot has the potential to be a lockdown defender and would be the perfect fit or we could go with gilchrist. it all depends on the kings cus they have the chance to take gilchrist away from us..

1. anthony davis
2. trob
3. beal
4. barnes
5. gilchrist
6. drummond
7.?
that 5th pick kills us ugh
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:05 am
It all comes down to who Portland picks, because it has been said that they are high on Lillard and if the pick him, we get whoever is left, be it Drummond or whoever. If it's MKG or Barnes, they can stay and be the starting SF, but if it's Drummond or even Beal, a player that's not a SF, they are tradeable and have high value.

I still think an established, very good SF, like Iguodala, GWallace, even Gay, are much better, as they are sure things, and the FO should definately look to trade the #7 and either RJ or AB for one of them, add in DWright, right now, I'd even add in Rush to get that done and come away from all this with a sure thing contributor that has proven himself.

MKG falling to us, even Barnes now after his good showings the last week, would be as good as it gets. Cheaper and still tradeable if need be.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:43 pm
I don't know much about the draft, but this seemed a lot easier for you guys until sullinger got red flagged.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 pm
Blackfoot wrote:I don't know much about the draft, but this seemed a lot easier for you guys until sullinger got red flagged.

Most definitely. The top 6 talents are all pretty obvious; it's the 7th selection that gets tricky. With Davis, Robinson, Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist, Beal, and Barnes off the table, Sullinger seemed like the best of what was left. Red-flagging him has made Warriors fans anxious, as a point guard pick isn't thrilling so Lillard (who may be the 3rd or 4th best overall rookie next year) doesn't wow us off the bat, Zellers and Leonard are nowhere near ready to contribute meaningfully next year, the swingmen (Ross, Jones, Waiters, Lamb) are wild cards, and the potentially great big guy (Perry Jones III) has notorious motor problems, regressed statistically after his freshman year, and smells eerily similar to Anthony Randolph and Ike Diogu.

Anyway you slice it, Warriors fans have every reason to be jittery until the draft is over.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:49 pm
I was just reading that supposedly Speedy Claxton (one of our scouts) was scouting Great Britain's practice earlier this week in Houston. Obviously had to be scouting Luol Deng.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:21 pm
Apparently the offer is Deng and the 29th for Biedrins, Wright and the 7th. Guess the Bulls really want to move up for a SG.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 pm
I would do that in a heartbeat.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:17 pm
Get rid of Beans who wont provide nothing to us, all while getting the needed SF, although he is not my #1 option(Iggy) he Deng will work.

Although I am warming up to the thought of Lillard as insurance for Curry, or as a six man type. But I would prefer the Deng trade over the pick.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm
Deng is a better perimeter defender than Andre Iguodala. For the two quickest players we eliminated in our off-season game?? I would be beyond stoked.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm
32 wrote:Deng is a better perimeter defender than Andre Iguodala. For the two quickest players we eliminated in our off-season game?? I would be beyond stoked.

Deng being a better perimeter is debatable.

It seems like the front office has similar perspective as the fans, or what is best for the team and seem to be going after it, refreshing thought, since in the past they seemed to have done the opposite.

Maybe the front office is getting ideas from our mock draft. lol. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:35 pm
That trade for Deng would be an upgrade to say the least, IF MKG isn't there at #7, Drummond either/ Drummond we can trade for an even better deal than that and MKG will end up better than Deng.

Much prefer Iguodala than Deng. Much prefer GWallace or Gay either, but if all we can get is that, I'd take it, as Deng is a top 10 SF for sure and does play both ends.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm
A guy I really like after watching videos and interviews is Meyers Leonard. Not many 7 footers are as athletic and built as him. One guy comes to mind and thats Dwight Howard and although he may not have the impact of a Howard, he's worth taking a look at. Watched videos of his workout and this guy is huge.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball