BANNER

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:My opinion probably doesn't mean anything, but wouldn't it be better to just have a 'search' button instead of a search bar like most forums?. Would that make the banner creation process easier?

Problem is that section is the username/password module when you are not logged in, which is what takes up a lot more space.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:33 pm
Its nice to contribute something to the forum besides my posts. I know it takes a lot of work for the admins and mods to run this site. I use to run a bass fishing forum so I know the work that goes into one.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:35 pm
hobbes wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:My opinion probably doesn't mean anything, but wouldn't it be better to just have a 'search' button instead of a search bar like most forums?. Would that make the banner creation process easier?

Problem is that section is the username/password module when you are not logged in, which is what takes up a lot more space.

That makes a lot of sense. Is there no way to put an image or something behind that area?
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:36 pm
I can easily put an image in that area or extend the backround out that far without the gradient.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:I can easily put an image in that area or extend the backround out that far without the gradient.

Might as well give it a shot?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 pm
That's weird..why doesn't Google Chrome support the new banner? I open up IE and the new banner shows up. Is it just me?
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
hobbes wrote:

That makes a lot of sense. Is there no way to put an image or something behind that area?

I can recode the top section of the site, but the way it is coded now there is a left image that is roughly 600 pixels wide. Then there is a right image which is just the background color w/yellow stripe that stretches depending on how wide your browser is. If you only have a 1024x768 monitor, the left image which ends with Mullin actually stretches all the way across. If we make that image any wider, it starts causing problems on smaller monitors. Though unfortunately it also leaves a lot of empty space on larger montiors. I need to figure out a happy medium.

Someone else mentioned moving the login/search in between Lee/Barry which is a possibility as well if I can get it to fit.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 am
I can always try to move over the Legends to the right side which would leave more room in the middle. Not sure how that would splice up into two pieces though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 pm
Great job on the banner =D> =D> Like the color a lot more and glad I don't have to see Monta's mug up there anymore :)
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 pm
Lets see if I can fit Harrison Barnes in there somewhere.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball