Tim Thomas?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:59 pm
Hi, everyone, I'm a first time poster. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Warriors potentially going after Tim Thomas? I heard the Bulls are going to either release him or buy out his contract. I believe the Nets are rumored to be interested. I was just curious if the Warriors might be as well. If he could get back to the way he played when he was a Knick, he could provide a little offense, without the Warriors having to give up anything. Also, does anyone know if he is considered a good low post player? Thanks!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:04 pm
I want nothing to do with Tim Thomas. The last thing the Warriors need is another forward who doesn't play defense. Thomas is an allright player, but I just think that he is the last thing that a team like the Warriors needs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:21 pm
Too much money for too little talent, no defense at all, more crowding at the SF spot (to go along with Pietrus vs Dunleavy), and nothing really gained (Thomas hasn't won anything in his life and isn't the ideal veteran for a team). I'll pass.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:03 pm
The only reason I'd want him is because of his expiring contract. It might be good to trade him for some of our overpriced contract so we can play our younger players.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:14 pm
Check that.

I didn't know his contract is expiring.

I would give up Dunleavy and Foyle for him and a pick. That would clear about 15 million in cap room for the next offseason. That is a good amount to have regardless of who is a free agent.

Talent wise tough I stick to what I said.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:21 am
WarriorFanMan wrote:Hi, everyone, I'm a first time poster. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Warriors potentially going after Tim Thomas? I heard the Bulls are going to either release him or buy out his contract. I believe the Nets are rumored to be interested. I was just curious if the Warriors might be as well. If he could get back to the way he played when he was a Knick, he could provide a little offense, without the Warriors having to give up anything. Also, does anyone know if he is considered a good low post player? Thanks!

Welcome WFanMan.

Well, Tim is attractive because of his expiring contract, but that's the reason the Bulls won't cut him. He's available for the right trade though. If we make the move to dump some salaries, it's ok. But Thomas has always been an underachiever. He won't help the team much.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:35 am
Tim Thomas really is nothing the warriors need. Better looking for a more suitable role player if anything else

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am
Bottom line, Thomas isn't worth any of the talent the Bulls would want in return for him. They won't take Dunleavy (because they like Andres Nocioni) and they don't need another underachieving center (Foyle) to go along with Tyson Chandler. They'll want something more solid. The Warriors, therefore, should pass.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:17 pm
What we are talking about is a salary dump, pure and simple. Which may not be a bad idea. Problem is his contract is real big and all our salaries are still being reduced for trade purposed because of BYC. Which means, and you heard it here, the Warriors are not going to make a big time move until after July 2006 when J-Rich's, Troy's and Dunleavy's contracts are worth their full value.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:29 pm
thinkingwarriors wrote:What we are talking about is a salary dump, pure and simple. Which may not be a bad idea. Problem is his contract is real big and all our salaries are still being reduced for trade purposed because of BYC. Which means, and you heard it here, the Warriors are not going to make a big time move until after July 2006 when J-Rich's, Troy's and Dunleavy's contracts are worth their full value.

Dun's contract kicks in next season. He'll be a BYC player until July 2007.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:15 pm
I stand corrected, you think you know the CBA and then it jumps up and bites you on the ass.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 am
thinkingwarriors wrote:I stand corrected, you think you know the CBA and then it jumps up and bites you on the ass.

:)

Yep, reality is a b*tch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:38 am
TMC wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:I stand corrected, you think you know the CBA and then it jumps up and bites you on the ass.

Yep, reality is a b*tch.

And so is dun :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yep, reality is a b*tch.

And so is Nick Van Exel...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:19 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yep, reality is a b*tch.

And so is Nick Van Exel...

And so is Montgomery :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Trades