Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:46 pm
Go to the Mock Draft boys.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm
8th ave wrote:I don't see why Sac would pick up Drummond when you already have Cousins. I think the only obstacle between the Warriors and Drummond is Portland. If they pick Lillard with the 6th pick I'm definitely going to be jumping up and down.

Draft is in about a week. JUICED!

If Drummond is there at #5, I don't see how Sac would pass him up as he would more than likely be the BPA assuming guys like MKG, Barnes, Robinson and Davis are all off the board. They've been playing a 6'6 Chuck Hayes at center or PF alongside Cousins. I think Drummond could go either PF/C as with Cousins. They'd be a nice front court tandem.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm
BayAreaHoopz wrote:
8th ave wrote:I don't see why Sac would pick up Drummond when you already have Cousins. I think the only obstacle between the Warriors and Drummond is Portland. If they pick Lillard with the 6th pick I'm definitely going to be jumping up and down.

Draft is in about a week. JUICED!

If Drummond is there at #5, I don't see how Sac would pass him up as he would more than likely be the BPA assuming guys like MKG, Barnes, Robinson and Davis are all off the board. They've been playing a 6'6 Chuck Hayes at center or PF alongside Cousins. I think Drummond could go either PF/C as with Cousins. They'd be a nice front court tandem.

Yea, Cousins at PF and Drummond at C would work. Dot hink they have a hole at SF more than anything though.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:
32 wrote:Drummond will be gone in the top 5. If Cleveland doesn't take him, Sacramento FOR SURE will. Ditto for Portland.

Well then that leaves us with either Beal or MKG. I don't see Robinson dropping below 4. It seems Barnes is pretty much guaranteed top 5 as well, especially after the combine. I would be shocked if MKG dropped below 5 as well though. I think Drummond is more likely to fall than MKG for sure, and probably more likely than Beal as well.

I dunno dude. I'm thinking it'll be Davis, Robinson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Drummond, Beal, and Barnes... In that order.

8th, to answer your Q, Sac would take Drummond because Cousins is very easily a natural 4 if he could drop some weight. Doesn't block shots, needs the ball in his hands a lot, 6'10". Sounds like a PF to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:32 am
I don't know...I see Cousins as a center. He's a big guy, and he will improve in shot blocking I believe...and I'm not sure he's agile enough to be a PF. Or even his shooting range is not good enough for a PF.

And they do play Chuck Hayes alongside him, but less than they play Jason Thompson at PF, while Cousins gets his center position. Those two spots are pretty good for the Kings...especially if they continue to improve. They need a SF more than anything.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 am
Cousins is capable of playing center, for sure. It's been his position since middle school. But at 6'10", with that kinda court vision and post game, I can definitely see the Kings trying to slide him over if a center like Drummond falls to them.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 pm
Curry / Jenkins
Klay / Rush
McGuire / D Wright / Jefferson
Lee / Tyler /
Bogut / Biedrins

probably gone: Nate Rob, C Wright, Gladness

With that roster, looks like the biggest needs are athleticism, dribble penetration, and perimeter defense. This might be one of the most unpredictable GSW drafts in a long time. Do they go for BPA, 6th man type, do they trust McGuire and Rush to man up the SF, trade the pick for Deng, Iggy, salary dump RJ or Biedrins? The one player I do not want would be a project player. Even if he turns into an allstar, I don't think fans have 4 yrs of patience for that. My ideal player would be a slasher and/or defensive wing who could contribute right away. Idk if that player exists at the 7th spot. These are the type of moments when you're glad you got Jerry West on board and in your ear. My hunch is that they go for BPA to build assets for a future trade, or trade up or down.

*also don't think they should go PG, Jenkins showed promise and think Kidd A Miller Billups would be willing to sign / mid level?

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 am
Meyers Leonard ?

By MARCUS THOMPSON II — Contra Costa Times

Golden State Warriors fans probably would love Meyers Leonard, should the Warriors draft the 7-foot-1, 250-pound center out of Illinois. Humble. Mature. Appreciative.

But whether his game is as mature and as likable as his personality is the question Golden State will have to determine heading into Thursday's NBA draft. Some in the Warriors' contingent, including co-owner Joe Lacob, figure since the Warriors probably can't get one of their coveted players or fill a need, they might as well go big.

While Connecticut's Andre Drummond might have the higher ceiling, Leonard - who worked out for the Warriors on Saturday - seems to be the better fit because he's definitely a center and figures the be less of a risk. North Carolina's Tyler Zeller might be more ready to contribute and better in the post, but Leonard is younger and noticeably more athletic.

He's been compared to Robin Lopez and Tiago Splitter, dubbed a poor man's Tyson Chandler and called Chris Andersen without all the tattoos. Just about any combination of those would be perfect off the Warriors bench. It would be reasonable to expect Leonard to rebound, block shots, knock down an occasional jumper and finish as a rookie.

But Leonard's value is in his upside. Physically, Leonard rates pretty highly. He's a legit 7-footer with 7-3 wingspan and a frame begging for more bulk. He runs the floor well and has some hops. He has some foundational elements to his game on which to build.

"People say I'm raw," Leonard said. "I wouldn't necessarily characterize it as raw. I think I have a little more of a skill set than some people think I do. The ability to step out and shoot it, get up and down the court, use my athleticism, those are things I can do. I know that at the same time, coming into the gym every day, working on my footwork, back-to-the-basket (game), face-up (game), is very important."

Still, the Warriors might have a tough time pulling the trigger on Leonard. While Leonard has potential, Golden State general manager Bob Myers said he'll take the best player available. Is Leonard - who averaged 13.6 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks in 31.8 minutes in 2011-12 - really the seventh-best player in the draft?

Myers said he would be willing to trade down for a player, but he had to be certain that player would be available. He also said he wouldn't have a problem drafting a player he were sure about even if No.7 were considered high for that player.

Leonard has a few intangibles working for him. He's only 20, and he's shown serious growth potential based on the jump he made in production from his freshman to his sophomore year.

Plus, Leonard - no stranger to poverty and struggle - has some edge to him. Toughened by the death of his father as a kid, and with a brother who just finished his second tour in Afghanistan, Leonard doesn't come off as the type to back down. Plus, he is hungry to provide for his family, especially his mother, who has suffered for years with debilitating back pain with no insurance to treat it.

But does he have enough to be the guy? Enough potential, enough readiness, enough intangibles to warrant the Warriors passing up some other, higher-valued talents?

"I feel like this is a place I could fit in," Leonard said, "but we'll see."

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2012/06/23/408 ... rylink=cpy
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 am
They really are trying their damnedest to give us a ton of things to talk about.

You get the feeling Myers doesn't want us to know what he's really thinking? :wink: THAT'S a GM.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:01 pm
We have been all over the place with who we will draft can't wait for Thursday.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 pm
Now we can't even be sure we are going to draft anyone at all in the first round, with all these trade talks that involve Warriors. And that's a good thing, for sure, cause other teams don't have a clue what to expect we would draft, or do at all, with our 7th pick. They can't calculate.

And I saw a few mock drafts that have us draft Perry Jones III, or even someone else, while Drummond is still available. I wouldn't mind taking a risk with PJ3, but if you decided to take a risk, why not risk with a big guy like Drummond? His ceiling is much higher.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm
I get a sent in the air. Could it be? Yes i smell a Howard. Seems we haven't forget about him. Reports say that we, the Rockets and the Blazers are preparing an offer for Dwight. Guess what. We are the only ones capable of offering a starting centre to replace him. A trade involving Bogut, 7th pick and Dorrel, maybe add a second round pick in there could happen. We could then draft up with the rest of the picks in the 12-17 region and draft one of those SF projects.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm
http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bul ... in/2818819

If this is true and we said no i will perform hara-kiri in Aristotelus square in Thessaloniki Greece.
Except off course if i was right for Howard.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm
Deng is an upgrade, there is no doubt. But there's a reason the Bulls would rather have the #7 pick for him: he needs wrist surgery and now that he's declaring he will play for the British national squad in the summer games, it's likely he'll miss at least the first month of the NBA season.

I'm also confused as to why the Bulls would do this. In theory, their ultimate goal in dealing Deng would be to snuff out his salary so they can retain their core in free agency. Granted, Dorell will expire and the draft pick will be $1 or $2 mill a year... But Biedrins will almost certainly exercise his player option for another $9 million season after next year. How are they cutting salary?

Whether its Chicago hoping Thibodeau can get something defensively out of Biedrins or the Warriors pitting Deng's wrist on a fanbase that's already squeamish about Bogut and Curry's ankles, this potential swap sounds odd for everybody involved.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Nice story on Meyers Leonard. He certainly seems like the sort of player I'd like, but in reality, if Drummond is there, you take him instead and trade him, as he has more value than Leonard right now, but doesn't likely fit in as well. I'd take Drummond and then trade him for Leonard and someone else, as that'd be maximising the use of the #7, if the team didn't trade the #7 for something else.

That trade for Deng, if it is real, is the best I've heard so far and has to be taken if there.

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball